fiduciary

Author Topic: The 903rd Legion Costuming board  (Read 35696 times)

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
The 903rd Legion Costuming board
« on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:52 AM »
*posted verbatum for my vod and fellow Merc, Jaiden Turr'n Verda*

The 903rd Legion is now up and running!

http://903rd.proboards.com

WHO WE ARE: The 903rd Legion is a Star Wars costuming board unlike any other. Our goal is to focus on the individuality and creativity of those already members of the 501st Legion, the Rebel Legion, and many others by allowing them a place to create completely custom costume - or to customize their current costumes - based on the Star Wars universe. But let me be perfectly clear...it is not the intention of the 903rd to take away members of any board. Our goal is solely to give yet another costuming posting board alternative in the cosplay universe, much in the way any of the detachment boards offer costume-specific forums.

WHY WE DID THIS: It came to our attention that while the 501st and the RL are fairly decent organizations with necessary strict guidelines for their canon costumes and the Mandalorian Mercs is a wonderful board to create and show off a custom Mandalorian character, there really isn't anything out there for customized Star Wars characters in general.

For instance, say you want a character who is a former Biker Scout who got left behind on Endor and had to take the uniform off of a dead Rebel soldier. You are welcome in the 903rd! What if you are a rebel sympathizer who deals in surplus Imperial armor and uniforms, and you like to show off your stuff? You're welcome in the 903rd!

We're talking complete customs here, folks!

Like I said, this isn't something to take away from any group in general. But since the 501st and the RL doesn't allow customs at all, and the Mercs are Mando Specific, if you have a wild and crazy idea for a totally unique custom character that could be seen in the Star Wars universe, then stop on by http://903rd.proboards.com!

And if you already have any costume from any group, you are welcome as well. 501st, RL Jedi, Mercs...there's room enough for everyone!

So be sure to stop on by and join if you like. All canon and non-canon Star Wars costumes are welcome.

David White
Co-Founder/Administrator
903rd Legion

~~~~~~~~

As a completely custom costume lover, and know there are a few here too who wear them, I offered to post this info for him for those who might be interested :) I'll certainly be joining up! Custom costumes and characters need more recognition, imho! There isn't enough of them out there and what better place for us to get together  8) Hope to see you there!

Shaak Ti
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

MR Sabers: Dual Darth Maul 2006 **stolen** :'(
Grayven "Original"
"The Chosen" by Ben Kenobi
Static RLSA "Nameless" (gift from Vosk)

Offline Takamatsu

• Padawan Learner
  • SWTOR Sith Acolyte Costume WIP.
Re: The 903rd Legion Costuming board
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Would I be welcome with my Sith Marauder costume?  ;)

Luxeon III 2007 MR Darth Vader EPIV SW-218
Amber Luxeon Rebel Saber is a current WIP

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »
If you've seen my Sith here in the costuming forum - which is welcome, I'm sure yours will be as well ;) It's all about custom and/or customized costumes.
ATTENTION: I will be leaving my Moderator status. Please do not pm me regarding this matter

Grayven "Original"

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
I like it, If I was into costuming this would be for me. I mean you can only have so many Lukes, Anakins, Han's, Vaders, And Mauls. This lets the creative people be part of the fun as well. I mean could you imagine if you had to strick guidelines to play the Sims. How many time do you think you would bump into yourself? :D

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:01:40 PM »
I also like it For instance My Jedi General is informal,and I have other costumes(My Sith) If I ever get enough time to work on it :-\ I'd be interested

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline ISeeSpots

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:37:12 PM »
 AWESOME!! I'm still planning on getting into the 501st, but this is awesome 'til then. Thank you for posting this!!!

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 08:07:07 PM »
You're welcome :-) Custom costumes need more recognition imho So why not start there! ;-D

Grayven "Original"

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 09:53:22 PM »
Hmmm... planning on joining the RL... as prequel Kenobi... but as soon as I get together the Jedi Yar-Nala costume... I'll be sure to hit up this Legion too :)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2009, 02:47:55 AM »
Count me in! This is exactly what I was looking for.
I still plan on joining the RL as a KOTOR Jedi, but this is perfect for my personal costume. 8)

Offline Jedi Loreen

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 04:50:31 PM »
Cool idea, but I wonder if this new group will last.

I've seen other costume groups start and fade away as interest waned and membership dropped off.
In order to see the Light
You must sometimes risk the Dark

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »
Well, as long as we keep an interest going, maybe it'll last for a long time. It may never become as large as the 501st, Rebel Legion or Mandalorian Mercs, but it's certainly a place for us of the custom persuasion to hang out, etc.

Grayven "Original"

Offline Darth_Baleful

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 06:37:31 PM »
thats awesome 8) i'll definatly be checking this out, thanks Shakk ;D

MTFBWY
Praise be the order brought forth from the very edge of chaos.

There is only one return. And it's not of the King, it's of the JEDI

Offline LadySythe

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 08:42:02 PM »
Welcome for the link :-)

Grayven "Original"

Offline Hovis88

• No Force
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 08:59:01 PM »
Thanks Shaak Ti For The Link. I just joined the community and hope to become a member in the near future. But I have to explain my Former Jedi/Sith Lord Now Dark Jedi or Revert him back to a plain Jedi and finish my costume first. But have to have the funds.
I find you lack of faith Disturbing!

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
Sithy Sistah say WHAT??!!!

I'm joining as soon as I talk to Andrea!  Gotta get on that custom tunic, and get a few bells and whistles, and you'll have the Jersey Contingent up and running!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

retrousse