fiduciary

Author Topic: Finally...My LE Stormtrooper Blaster & LE Rebel Trooper Blaster  (Read 5218 times)

Offline Maelstrom65

• Padawan Learner
  • Jedi Cowboy
Finally...My LE Stormtrooper Blaster & LE Rebel Trooper Blaster
« on: February 25, 2009, 10:39:38 PM »
Well, I won two auctions from the same seller on Ebay and after forking out the money and then enduring the horrible wait for them to get here from Indiana...I finally have these babies in my hot little hands!  Unfortunately, both glass bases are cracked slightly around the taller acrylic stand :(.   I'm in talks with the seller to try and resolve the issue short of handing them back to UPS so they can examine and determine if a damage claim is warranted....but that's another story...

Anyhow...I love these things!  The coolest part is the British SMG they were both manufactured/modeled from used to be one of the Canadian Forces small arms and I remember firing it back when I did basic training in 1985.  They're both heavy (The boxes weighed 23 and 18 lbs) and beautifully crafted.  Not a fan of the required orange plug in the ends but what can you do?  I also wish the shoulder stock on the bottom of the Stormtrooper Blaster unfolded but, alas, there are no moving parts on these items.  My biggest concern is finding a suitable place to display them in my condo.  My fireplace mantle isn't wide enough to accomodate them so I have them temporarily sitting on my cat scratch post lol.  Why not....the freaking cat never uses it...he's happier tearing the crap outta my carpets rather than use the darn scratching post...c'est la vie.

Enough of my babbling...here's the pics :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 10:46:01 PM by Maelstrom65 »

Offline ambasah

• No Force
Re: Finally...My LE Stormtrooper Blaster & LE Rebel Trooper Blaster
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:14:17 AM »
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I especially love the stormie blaster.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:30:00 AM »
I have the rebel trooper but not the stormtrooper.  the rebel trooper is cheap -- you can still find them at toynk for $188 brand new (in stock).  but the stormtrooper is over $600 new, and hard to find :/

congrats on acquiring both
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Maelstrom65

• Padawan Learner
  • Jedi Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
Thanks guys.  I'm really happy with these two acquisitions...damaged bases and all.  Really, the only LE I still want to get is Dooku's Saber but they're just too pricey when they do come up for auction.  Wouldn't mind a Qui-Gon or some others, but I'm in no real hurry to grab them.  Looking forward to seeing what new items eFX comes out with after the Ashoka Tano Hilt though.

Cheers

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:52:52 AM »
These two blasters are good collectables and well made. It's amazing that there's still Rebel blasters with cheap prices around, to me these two are very classic blasters and every single prop from A New Hope has it's special value to me. These two hammer down MR Han Solo's ESB blaster anyday IMO!

retrousse