fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine and Novastar visit Yoda 7-17-10  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
Caine and Novastar visit Yoda 7-17-10
« on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »
Nova and I were in the "Dagobah System" recently doing an LED Saber Seminar at my friend's martial arts school. We had 15 kids, and it was a fantastic day for everyone involved. It just so happened that we were only 10 minutes away from our little green friend's hut, so we stopped by for a visit.

(credit to Nova for filming and editing)

Aside from a nice visit, we had a chance to visit his workshop and see many of his amazing creations. Check out the vid and see what kind of goodies Yoda has at his place.

And....if you have the means to do so...purchase one of his Graflex's. Enough said.  :D

Special thanks to Master Yoda for having us over and for endorsing our NSCSC DVD.

As we do more and more saber seminars, if we are in your area, please let us know...we just may drop in and see you as well.  ;D

Offline vulcan fox

• Master Force User
Re: Caine and Novastar visit Yoda 7-17-10
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »
hi cain , thanks for posting this ive not heard that tune before, its really good, yep i know its novas work.... ya know its a shame i live in a galaxy far far away ..in ENGLAND.

Offline Jedi Yar Nala

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
    • Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »
Nice video Nova :) Great editing and love the Weird Al song.

Great to see that Yoda is doing well and the hut looks great!!!

Wow... so many beautiful sabers and great displays too.

Thanks for sharing Caine ;D

Offline cannibal869

• I dub thee Darth..........Lecter.
  • Master Force User
  • NUCLEAR POWERED JEDI at work!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »
Sweet stuff!!
I really like how he staggered the lightsabers on the display wall!

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 02:24:28 PM »
Yoda's collection is most impressive. :o It's also great how you're doing saber seminars; as a kid myself, I can clearly see how much of a favor you are doing them. Great song in the video too! :D ;)

Offline Aelde Renn

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »
Thanks for sharing your visit, Yoda looks like he is doing pretty good!

Anything worth doing is worth doing right; anything worth having is worth waiting for!

Offline DARTH MAUL

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • At last we shall have our revenge....
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 04:56:22 PM »
Very cool, guys :) Thanks for sharing and never get enough of seeing Yoda's graflex sabers!!

Offline Shadar Al Niende

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 01:18:14 PM »
As always, you guys are awesome, makes me jealous that such talent doesn't live close by....

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »
Awesome stuff, I love that you guys do saber demonstrations in addition to martial arts.
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 07:33:45 PM »
Oh sure, sure!  We teach some "LED saber" classes too, so it's not uncommon at all.

I have a decent amount of footage from "the last day of class" of all sorts of classes I've held in the past on my youtube channel.  Come to think of it, my youtube channel is chock full of all sorts of random (but cool??) vids... everything from LED sabers and visiting sabersmiths to goofy "films" and (of course) tricking.  You never really know what the heck I'll post I guess.

But I digress... when I get the chance, I'll put together the video from that particular demo that we did when we visited Yoda (Michael Murphy).
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010, 07:17:13 AM »
Yeah, my buddies and I have a dueling night once a week or so, I should probably start filming it and posting it...
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 09:10:24 AM »
Well, If you're ever in Michigan let me know. I can put you and Caine up. I don't have lots of sabers (yet), but we can always make up for that with my theatre room. Nothing like watching SW with lovely surround sound. Now if I can just get those comfy theatre chairs someday, it would be complete. That and a display for all my sabers. Great vids though. I did some martial arts (Isshinryu), but it's been so long that I can barely remember any of my old katas and such. We never touched on weapons, but at that time....I was so poor, I couldn't afford any anyways. Keep those vids coming though.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 01:23:43 AM »
Yeah, my buddies and I have a dueling night once a week or so, I should probably start filming it and posting it...
That's a bloody good idea!  Post those things on y-tube, and link up with me there if ya like:
http://www.youtube.com/user/greytale

I'd actually LOVE to get some LED saber sparring for adults goin' on in my area... but... nope--no such luck.  Nobody here.  D'ohhhh and ruh-row...
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

retrousse