fiduciary

Author Topic: Thinking down the road - possible run saber run ideas  (Read 10436 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
Re: Thinking down the road - possible run saber run ideas
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »
No question a MASTER ORGUS DIN !
it’s the only saber that has not had accurate justice done in run form imo,
I don’t think that shroud has ever been accurately replicated,
However I would like a proper crystal chamber or the option for one,

And I would be happy to take it in kit form no problem

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:08:52 PM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Stink

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 04:23:51 AM »
Another Obi TPM/AOTC run would be amazing, still remember the first time I saw the initial run in 2008, they were incredible.   

If you did do another run would you do them exactly the same as before or update them?  1 inch blade option would be great, I've also seen a version with the grips, neck and emitter as a single part which I always though looked cool, there's one on YT from Chingkuo Lin that was a great concept (though the accuracy is way off yours)

Offline Wolf69

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 04:43:57 AM »
Desperatly in need of an Obi TPM and Awesomesauce X11000!!

I will buy them both when you will open your runS  :grin:!

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 07:30:43 AM »
I've got a thousand and one hilt design ideas.

I'd love to come up with some more to show you guys. Here is just one:

Those are really rough... but can be cleaned up and refined.

For a variation on the Qui Gon lightsaber, I've had the idea for a few years now to do the scalloped grip parts in stacked Acrylic parts... in various colors but transparent... where LEDs (or pixels) can be placed that will illuminate the entire grip area:

I know the images are super rough. You'll have to use a bit of imagination!

Cutouts can be in the acrylic like you do for chassis discs and parts to make an 18650 battery space, space for a soundboard, and wires. If the soundboard has on board SMD LEDs, you'll see the glowy sparkle through the colored scalloped discs. Also there can be spaces for 3mm LEDs to flash all around like a full hilt bar graph.

The shroud will still be polished metal to hold the entire thing together. The pommel and emitter will also be metal and screw into the metal shroud part.

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 09:08:56 AM »
Qui-Gon TPM would be a great companion piece to your Obi TPM.  A Mace Ep 1 would be nice but a definitive Mace Ep 3 would be outstanding.

You've done enough Obi TPM sabers, time for something different.

Offline Excelsior

• No Force
    • Excelsior Sabers
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 07:41:08 PM »

Hey friend... It's impossible for Ace to ever make enough Obi TPM sabers. :) The last run was 2015, and there is a lot of new interest since then. Personally I've been wanting one for ten years--I hope this time it happens! No reason he can't do another Obi TPM run in addition to the new things.

Offline darth hondo

• Master Force User
  • there can only be two
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
My preference is for something new, unless you decide to do a run of replicas of your unnamed copper and brass saber that is now owned by Tim of TCCS.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:14:38 PM by darth hondo »

Offline Morannon

• Force User
  • “Luminous beings are we…not this crude matter.”
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2018, 04:56:32 AM »
My preference is for something new, unless you decide to do a run of replicas of your unnamed copper and brass saber that is now owned by Tim of TCCS.

Now that's something I can get behind.

Rebellion Run Jacen Solo
GCS Ascend

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2018, 04:58:27 AM »
No reason he can't do another Obi TPM run in addition to the new things.

Only Ace himself can determine that.  :wink:

Offline Maverick Hunter

• Force User
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2018, 10:06:01 AM »
@Foe Hammer and all you folks asking for a Mace Windu Episode III, it's been done. You need to stay up to date on the Facebook groups. No, I'm not a big fan of the FB groups but a lot of the "action" is happening over there. Peter Zhang of 89sabers made an amazing Mace Windu episode II/III. It's practically perfect! Now, I just don't see the reason for making this saber again when a near 100% accurate copy is already available. Acerocket is the only one who makes an awesome near 100% accurate Obi Wan TPM, so it just makes sense to not have saber smiths overlap each other. Also, I mean absolutely no disrespect towards Acerocket or anyone else. I'm sure Acerocket could make a really awesome Mace Windu too!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:07:41 AM by Maverick Hunter »

Offline coldvizjerei

• Force User
  • Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 10:35:35 AM »
Totally get what you're saying about overlapping. But despite that, annnd owning a Mace Windu ep3 from 89sabers, I would still love to see Acerocket tackle it.

There's just something about the quality of Orbital Machining's work that makes me really want him to do this hilt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@Foe Hammer and all you folks asking for a Mace Windu Episode III, it's been done. You need to stay up to date on the Facebook groups. No, I'm not a big fan of the FB groups but a lot of the "action" is happening over there. Peter Zhang of 89sabers made an amazing Mace Windu episode II/III. It's practically perfect! Now, I just don't see the reason for making this saber again when a near 100% accurate copy is already available. Acerocket is the only one who makes an awesome near 100% accurate Obi Wan TPM, so it just makes sense to not have saber smiths overlap each other. Also, I mean absolutely no disrespect towards Acerocket or anyone else. I'm sure Acerocket could make a really awesome Mace Windu too!

Offline Maverick Hunter

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2018, 12:49:15 PM »
Totally get what you're saying about overlapping. But despite that, annnd owning a Mace Windu ep3 from 89sabers, I would still love to see Acerocket tackle it.

There's just something about the quality of Orbital Machining's work that makes me really want him to do this hilt.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, I'm trying to complete the collection. I just don't see the point in owning multiple versions of one saber when the differences between them are negligible.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 04:56:14 PM by Maverick Hunter »

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2018, 02:57:12 PM »
+ 1 on Orgus Din
+ The totally infeasible Unnamed saber  :wink:
+ 1 to my first post on a unique Ace design. <--- Can I do that? Eh why not!  :cool:

Offline Foe Hammer

• Force User
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2018, 05:22:17 PM »

I'm well aware of the 89 Mace.  The thing is there's "it's been done" and then there's "it's been done by Acerocket".  The difference between the two is not negligible.

Offline coldvizjerei

• Force User
  • Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2018, 05:37:35 PM »
I'm well aware of the 89 Mace.  The thing is there's "it's been done" and then there's "it's been done by Acerocket".  The difference between the two is not negligible.

This. This so much. This guy gets it!!!

retrousse