fiduciary

Author Topic: Review: Unleashed HAN SOLO/STORMTROOPER 2006  (Read 1283 times)

Offline Darth Torment

• Sith Lord Formerly Known As DARTH TORMENT
  • Experienced Force User
  • Darth Plagueis The Wise . . .
Review: Unleashed HAN SOLO/STORMTROOPER 2006
« on: July 24, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »
I just purchased the 3 new unleashed figures, the following is my review of the HAN SOLO/STORMTROOPER

Here we go, lets save the good for last:
The Bad - Again, this is a copy of an already existing figure, the STORMTROOPER unleashed.  The worst thing about this is there is no attempt to differentiate this figure AT ALL- no new accessories, not even a different paint job to show 'dirty' armour with sewer sludge on it.  The helmet, although better than the shock trooper helmet, is still not proportion and has that 'puppy dog' look to it.  And most importantly, the one thing that stood out the MOST from the original HAN unleashed figure, as it was exceptionaly done- his face sculpt - is HORRIBLE for this version- its a different sculpt from the head used for the other HAN, but is pretty poor, and the paint job is miserable on it- thumbs down hasbro

The Good
I'll just get this outta the way right off the bat for those who wanna hear it: one good thing, is that its an OT Unleashed, and one that ppl have wanted for a while, so thats a good thing (even if its a rehash sculpt)  :tongue0024:.  Another nice touch was the hollowed out helmet.  Before I got this figure I just assumed that the Han head was removeable, and you replace it with with 'stormtrooper' head (ala the unmasked unleashed vader), but rather the helmet fits ON TOP of hans head!! I thought this was really cool. 
Another plus of this figure is the base- its the junk-infested sewage from the trash compactor with the tentacle - the paint job is great on it, with browns and metallic coppers, and the tentacle wrapping around Han looks pretty sweet

so, although the figure overall looks cool as a display piece (it is han afterall), the han head is a poor sculpt, the stormie body is a rehash with no attempts at a minor 'dirty repaint', and the HAN HEAD is a POOR sculpt (or did i mention that already... ;) ), I'm going to have to give it a

C+

Visit The Citadel Of Darth Plagueis The Wise (buy/sell/trade thread):
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=3817.msg64943#msg64943

Proud member of Snowtroopers.ca. Check my profile.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
Re: Review: Unleashed HAN SOLO/STORMTROOPER 2006
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:37:27 AM »
sweet
The Force will be with you....always.

retrousse