fiduciary

Author Topic: Sideshow Collectibles "Echo" and "Fives" ARC Trooper Sixth Scale Figures  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
I was a bit surprised nobody posted these, but sideshow announced a few more sixth scale figures! Their latest in the militaries collection is ARC Trooper versions of Echo and Fives from Clone Wars! They are also planning an ANH Luke in pilot gear and endor soldiers from both factions! Anyways, I have been in love with the ARC Trooper design since ROTS. I actually own 4 of the Hasbro ARC Commando figures, which my Dad bulk-bought on eBay long ago when we had no luck finding them in the stores. I have never purchased a Sideshow figure but have heard their quality praised all over the place. I am beyond in love with Sideshow's grittier depictions of these characters from TCW, as well as how amazing and detailed they look overall. I am definitely going to pick one of these up, but for the life of me I cannot decide which I like better, lol ;)

Echo

Fives

Does anyone else own any of the clone figures? Opinions, reviews and comments are most welcome!

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
HOLY MOLY..... :o :o :o :o These are gorgeous. I loved the ARC Troppers TOO! It's my first seeing this set.

Working on getting a bucket ;) These guys are among my favs.

Oh what the hey, why choose. lol RIGHT we wish life was that simple. I liked Fives as a character more but Echo looks better. ^-^

Man, I'm no help. ::) I'd be selling kidneys  >:D for them.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
I used to own a lot lol but recently sold most of them.  You can't argue with Sideshow quality, particularly their scaling and paint apps.  They're spot on.  Biggest problem is the slow escalation of price.  I'd also say that the figures are much lighter and cheaper feeling compared to a good Hot Toys figure...but then again Ht figures are twice as much usually.  These still look great and would serve any SW collection well.  Now that Ht has the SW license however...watch out.
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr
I used to own a lot lol but recently sold most of them.  You can't argue with Sideshow quality, particularly their scaling and paint apps.  They're spot on.  Biggest problem is the slow escalation of price.  I'd also say that the figures are much lighter and cheaper feeling compared to a good Hot Toys figure...but then again Ht figures are twice as much usually.  These still look great and would serve any SW collection well.  Now that Ht has the SW license however...watch out.

Sideshow definitely fits my budget a lot better, lol. Hot Toys does make some nice stuff, I am curious to see what other offerings they will put out. I have been waiting and waiting to pick up a Sideshow clone and I really think this is going to be the one. $150 is a steal for such an awesome replica, and I don't mind waiting a year. It will be a nice graduation present, haha.

Now to decide which one... I was originally leaning towards Echo because he looks more realistic and that handprint is cool, but Fives' helmet really pops (and is overall better, IMO) and his more prominent blue colors are starting to grow on me. Ugh, I resent decisions like this lol.

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
Yea it's like the time I walked into the pound to get a new cat and there were two kittens brother and sister left.  I couldn't split them up now could I? 
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline 97th Acolyte

• Master Force User
  • [insert witty comment here]
Yea it's like the time I walked into the pound to get a new cat and there were two kittens brother and sister left.  I couldn't split them up now could I? 

Aww... I love cats... :'D

Also, I'd go for Fives, by the way. He was always my favourite. And he looks the best here. :D
Proud owner of:       JSK1 - Jaina Solo Kotobukiya lightsaber - created by Bombarta
Harp's Starkiller/Kylo Ren fusion - Prizm                      
Deadpool's Deathstick - CS2.5 Reveal, JQsabers               
JK-Sabers Battle damaged/Reveal Maul - Empty             
US Raven
Korbanth:
 Darth Maul - Empty
 Duke - NBv2, JQSabers
 Qui Gon - NBv2, MasterSabers

Offline Vercify

• Master Force User
  • rawr

Aww... I love cats... :'D

Also, I'd go for Fives, by the way. He was always my favourite. And he looks the best here. :D

It's weird, when I first saw these I was super partial to Echo and felt like Fives looked lame. A week later and I've done a complete 180 and pre-ordered Fives, lmao. I decided that I liked his color scheme a bit better and his helmet is by far cooler. Very happy with my descision, especially because I nabbed him at $150, and I'm guessing these might get as high as $200 once they get closer to completion.

I have always been a HUGE fan of ARC troopers, these are an absolute dream come true!

retrousse