fiduciary

Author Topic: Sideshow Collectibles Ben Kenobi "Mythos" Statue Preorder  (Read 8490 times)

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
Re: Sideshow Collectibles Ben Kenobi "Mythos" Statue Preorder
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 06:19:22 PM »
My only issue with this is that if OWK had QGJ's saber with him on Tattoine then why would Luke need to make a green synthetic crystal; why couldn't he have just used the green crystal in QGJ's saber for his ROTJ build?

Other than that this is AWESOME...the 'transitional face' is brilliant bridging the gap and really makes it believable that Ewan could be 'weathered' into Alec over the years...wish I had the $ for this...-sigh-

Funny you mention that. I theorized a while back that that IS where Luke got his crystal from. Comics aside.

It makes perfect sense. Obi wan had qui Gon's saber in some state of disassembly possibly for restoration or storage and Luke used the crystal along with the plans and other parts he could.

That's in my mind and I'm sticking to it at least. ^_^

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Wong Yoon Wei

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 03:40:35 AM »
My only issue with this is that if OWK had QGJ's saber with him on Tattoine then why would Luke need to make a green synthetic crystal; why couldn't he have just used the green crystal in QGJ's saber for his ROTJ build?

Other than that this is AWESOME...the 'transitional face' is brilliant bridging the gap and really makes it believable that Ewan could be 'weathered' into Alec over the years...wish I had the $ for this...-sigh-

Or maybe QGJ crystal has always been synthetic. With Qui Gon being the maverick that he is, it wouldn't be out of character for him to pick up some synthetic crystal along the way during one of his missions.

HFX Anakin ROTS Rebel Blue

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 06:14:06 AM »
This IS a way cool statue.
Makes me want more display space
it's all Elemental

Offline Thraken-Sal

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 05:27:57 PM »
I just got the email from Sideshow that they will be shipping this out come Friday Mar 15, 2013. I can't wait to see it in person. This will be my third sideshow statue; I have Darth Talon (#43/1500); and Aayla Secura (#197/1000). I also have Shaak Ti on preorder.

If Obi-Wan is as well done as the others I have; I'll be very happy. :D

Offline hoot214

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 04:11:36 PM »
I actually preordered this some time back and I cannot wait to get it in

Offline Thraken-Sal

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 07:23:28 PM »
I received my statue last Thursday. It's #668. I chose the Alec Guinness head for display, though it took me a couple of days to decide which one I really liked better. It displays very nicely.

Here are a few pics of ot with my Darth Talon, and Aayla Secura statues.

retrousse