fiduciary

Author Topic: Vintage Kenner figures anyone??  (Read 5151 times)

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Vintage Kenner figures anyone??
« on: May 27, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »
So do we have any Star Wars figure collectors in the house? Namely the Vintage collection Kenner figures from 1977-1985?

The Kenner figures are personally my favourite, and I think it's great that Hasbro re-released the old school Kenner figures over the last few years. I'm slowly building a collection of these nice figures, as well as some Vintages too.

They still do float around on eBay, a lot of them have the back cards restored though, with the originals wearing over time. The restored cards look great, but obviously it takes away from it being an original. The few that are still originals on eBay go for $100+ depending on the figure. The 12 backs fetch four figures a lot of the time. Definitely a valuable collectable if you own one in decent condition.

So share with us not only any of these originals you may have, but any SW figures you have in your collection! :)

Oh, and here's a fun little checklist of the original Kenner figure series:
http://www.rebelscum.com/CH-VINT.asp
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:29:04 AM by Dave316 »

Offline Master Valon

• Master Force User
  • "Love can ignite the stars."- Matthew Stover
Re: Vintage Kenner figures anyone??
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
My dad got me a vintage X-Wing with a Wedge Antilles figure from an antique shop for my eleventh birthday (in 2005, which was a SW birthday, haha!), so I have one figure from '77. The X-Wing is missing the cockpit bubble and all four laser cannons, but hey, its vintage, and I'm real happy with it. I would post pictures, but its currently in storage at my grandparents' place. When I move to college though, I'm likely to take it out of storage and move it in with me, so jus remind me in a few months time if you want pics, lol!
Though this is the end of the age of heroes, it has saved its best for last.

Offline Forgetful Jedi Knight

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The old Jedi Master also commonly known as FJK
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »
I have a bunch of the original ones from '77-79, though they were played with (and missing the original lightsabers and in some cases guns. But I still have them in the basement somewhere.

May the force be with you all!

Remember... speak softly and carry a well constructed light saber! :)

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »
Man that just brings back a lot of memories.  I had at least 90% of those figures and problable 95% of the vehicles when I was a kid.  Then my parents got sick of having all those toys around and me not playing with them....so they made me sell them at a yard sale.  To this day I still berate them for doing that!

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 04:46:47 PM »
Anyone have an original Boba Fett? I mean it's no Hasbro Obi TPM FX :D but it's one of the rarer ones.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/160806201007?redirect=mobile

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »
Yes, I believe I still have it.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer whatever consequences your actions or words dictate

Offline Jerome

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »
I collect the loose vintage figures Dave, as you've seen in my post here:

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=35860.msg483654#msg483654

Yep, those are the real vintage 1977-1985. Some people these days refer to vintage as the POTF2 in 1995 (which is getting close to 20 years old now!). I collected POTF2 but when I got my vintage collection together, definitely agree they are cooler based on the nostalgia.

Since that photo I've added a few more. I've only got the R2 pop-up saber, Yak Face, and blue Snaggletooth to go. Maybe a vinyl cape jawa as well, but a loose genuine one is hard to detect on ebay and a AFA one runs hundreds of dollars.

I use the checklist and reference off Rebelscum as well. I can only afford to collect loose, I dare not start on a carded collection as I don't know where that will lead!

Vintage Graflex Luke ANH
Vintage Graflex Luke ESB
Rylo limited run Luke ROTJ
MHS custom "Excelsior"
Russrep Luke ROTJ V2
Russrep/Romans Obi-Wan ANH
OR Qui-Gon TPM (WIP)
Parks Obi-Wan TPM (WIP)

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »
I have to take a look to see if mine still has the vinyl cape. I know most of those (the vinyl capes) didn't last too long on my action figures.

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 08:03:42 PM »
Jerome, man...once again AMAZING collection and display you have there! Love it love it love it :D

I believe Yak Face is one of the rarer ones, I recall seeing a loose one on eBay for over $100 (maybe around $160??).

I love these figures so much. Which ones are your favourites Jerome?

With that, what are everyone's favourite SW figures? Mine is of course the Kenner Stormtroopers 8) Vader and Boba Fett are also really cool looking in the real vintage series.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 05:31:26 AM by Dave316 »

Offline Jerome

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »

I believe Yak Face is one of the rarer ones, I recall seeing a loose one on eBay for over $100 (maybe around $160??).

Haha Dave, you sound like such a noob! :P Those aren't that rare, just expensive :P It was the last one released in the line and also the fact that the US didn't get it makes it perceived to be rare. However a search on ebay will turn up many for sale every single day. They just cost a bit more. Around $100 is right although they go up if many people bid on them. You should see the forums over at Rebelscum, there are veteran collectors who don't blink an eye on dropping $3000 for mint carded figures. If you want rare, try googling for "double telescoping" Luke, Ben or Vader.

With that, what are everyone's favourite SW figures? Mine is of course the Kenner Stormtroopers 8) Vader is also really cool looking in the real vintage series.

I still like the boba fett in this series. Luke Bespin and Luke Jedi are childhood favourites too, purely for nostalgia. 
Vintage Graflex Luke ANH
Vintage Graflex Luke ESB
MHS custom "Excelsior"
Russrep Luke ROTJ V2
OR Qui-Gon TPM (WIP)
Parks Obi-Wan TPM (WIP)

Offline Jerome

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
My dad got me a vintage X-Wing with a Wedge Antilles figure from an antique shop for my eleventh birthday (in 2005, which was a SW birthday, haha!), so I have one figure from '77. The X-Wing is missing the cockpit bubble and all four laser cannons, but hey, its vintage, and I'm real happy with it. I would post pictures, but its currently in storage at my grandparents' place. When I move to college though, I'm likely to take it out of storage and move it in with me, so jus remind me in a few months time if you want pics, lol!

Wait, they didn't make a Wedge Antilles in the vintage line, which one do you have? It's probably Luke as it's the only one in the orange jumpsuit.
Vintage Graflex Luke ANH
Vintage Graflex Luke ESB
MHS custom "Excelsior"
Russrep Luke ROTJ V2
OR Qui-Gon TPM (WIP)
Parks Obi-Wan TPM (WIP)

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 10:30:25 PM »

Haha Dave, you sound like such a noob! :P Those aren't that rare, just expensive :P It was the last one released in the line and also the fact that the US didn't get it makes it perceived to be rare. However a search on ebay will turn up many for sale every single day. They just cost a bit more. Around $100 is right although they go up if many people bid on them. You should see the forums over at Rebelscum, there are veteran collectors who don't blink an eye on dropping $3000 for mint carded figures. If you want rare, try googling for "double telescoping" Luke, Ben or Vader.

With that, what are everyone's favourite SW figures? Mine is of course the Kenner Stormtroopers 8) Vader is also really cool looking in the real vintage series.

I still like the boba fett in this series. Luke Bespin and Luke Jedi are childhood favourites too, purely for nostalgia. 

Haha yep I'm kinda a noob at the moment. Just you wait though! :D
It seems like you know your stuff, which is great. I'm trying to gather all the info I can at the moment, hence why I started this thread ;)
Thanks for the info so far man, keep it coming!

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 03:57:18 AM »

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 04:20:44 AM »
oh man  :-\ why do people try
i mean seriously 25 grand?? il take 2  :D

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 04:27:05 AM »
Brianstoys actually sold one for $13k!! Crazy.

retrousse