fiduciary

Author Topic: Feedback for savatron  (Read 6482 times)

Offline Nightwing

• Experienced Force User
Feedback for savatron
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:22:11 AM »
Made me a very nice looking starkiller saber.  The electronics need some work, and some requests that I had asked for in my saber were not fulfilled.  He has decent communication, and the wait for my saber was longer than his original projection, 3-6 weeks (he had personal issues, but didn't let me know until I emailed him at 6 weeks asking what was up). 
I have to give him a 3.5/5

I am considering ordering from him again (his TFU2 sabers) but will make it clear that I was not impressed with my first order.

Offline Nightwing

• Experienced Force User
Re: Feedback for savatron
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:40:24 PM »
He recently repaired the saber that I bought from him, a TFU1 saber.
He had terrible communication,
He took 6 times longer than he said he would (quoted 1 week, actually took 6 and a half)
He removed a recharge port and replaced it with a regular battery system without consulting me
The saber was in a lesser condition when I got it back than when I had shipped it out.

I give him a 0/5
I will never work with him again, and don't advise anyone else work with him either

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
  • You wanna buy some deathsticks? :D
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:01 PM »
I purchased 2 converted MR sabers (Anakin and Darth), from savatron a couple of weeks ago. We made a deal of the 2 for $375. I was quite excited as i'd never had a converted fx before. Savatron told me they were both in very good condition. He advertises that "all his sabers are made for heavy duelling". They arrived a week and a bit later. They were very well packaged! However upon opening them i saw that the 2x 36" blades i'd ordered with them were missing and i instead had 34" blades. Doesn't sound like a big difference but when all the other ones i have on display are 36" it makes 34" look like a kids toy in comparison. The vader hilt was very badly damaged. There were small knicks out of the metal all over the hilt and between the grips had been sanded which made it look all scratched. The emitter on the vader looks like it's led quite the hard life. The blade in the vader was in very tight which was great however the anakin blade was wobbly. The main gold button on the anakin was missing. After searching through the packing noodles i found it and still need to glue it on. There's glue or something stuck in the end of one of the blades which catches the light in a bad way. Also the first time i hit the 2 blades together (testing so not hard), the end of one went flying off and landed on the other side of the room.... I'm going to try re-gluing the end on but i feel that the force is not strong with this particular blade. Suffice to say i was not impressed at all. I contacted Savatron immediately and told him of all the issues i was having. He said they were perfect when they left him and that they must have been damaged in the post. I have heard of usps workers taking lightsabers out and sanding them for the heck of it after they blast them with buckshot or something like that... Well not really but it's an amusing thought hey. Anyway he offered to post me the 2x 36" blades if i send him back the 2x 34" ones. I said this would cost me more than the blades are worth (between $40-$50) and he agreed to send me the replacement blades at his expense. After a few emails back and forth with him repeating that the sabers didn't look anything like that when he sent them, they must have been damaged in transit etc, he admitted that the vader had been damaged when he sent it and he was well aware of it. His exact words were- "the metal was alot wors i sanded it to smothen it out but the rest of it was new parts not damaged. the grips new the emitter new". Another couple of emails and we'd agreed on a partial refund of $100 and he would still send me the 2 replacement blades. Then tonight (4 or so days later), i turned the vader on and the LED has died. The sound is working but not the LED. So there's another thing to add to my list of issues i'm having. Savatron has told me he'll be posting the blades monday (tomorrow) and giving me the partial refund of $100 monday (tomorrow). Obviously now that needs to be re-negotiated as i haven't even got a pretty light in the vader anymore, it's just a terribly banged up hilt with sound. Savatron, aside from being deceitful and lying, has been polite in his communication. I'll keep you updated with what happens. In the meantime here's a link to my "slideshow of devastation"- http://img194.imageshack.us/slideshow/done.php

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
Link isn't working Aus_Jedi_Killer ;)

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
Ok so my update and finale in my dealings with Savatron. When i mentioned that the LED had died after being used only twice he blamed the fact that i had played with it. The day that LEDs die from being used twice... Anyway. He said that it was bs and i was trying to scam him and he would no longer be giving me anything, no refund. I responded saying i'm not too fussed about the led as they're only worth like $5 but it'd be nice if he could include an led replacement with the 2x blades and i'd try to replace the LED myself. I waited 3 days for a reply with nothing so initiated a paypal dispute. As soon as i started the paypal dispute he was offering to send me the 2x blades plus a replacement empty hilt and led. The catch was i had to end the paypal dispute. Of course no-one in their right mind would trust someone on their "word" after that person has already lied to them. I said i'd be happy with that but it would have to be through paypal because i wasn't just going to blindly trust him with no protection for myself. When he realized i wasn't going to drop the paypal dispute he told me to forget it, i wasn't getting anything. I escalated the dispute to a claim. He submitted the emails between himself and i to paypal and finally today i received an email from paypal. The start of the email reads-
Hello Sam Membrey,

We received your claim for the following transaction:
Transaction Details
Seller's Name: julio reyes
Seller's Email: julio_reyes_254@hotmail.com
Seller's Transaction ID: 4JB33537T0041172C

Transaction Date: 30 Mar 2011
Transaction Amount: -$422.70 USD
Your Transaction ID: 0FH630624X667742U
Case Number: PP-001-282-446-677

Buyer's Transaction ID: 0FH630624X667742U

We have determined that you are eligible for a full return of your funds for
this PayPal transaction.

Now i just have to send the 2x sabers back and i'll get my money back. I'll be $50 or so out of pocket for the shipping but it's better than being stuck with a rubbish Vader saber and a wonky Anakin.
Thank god the end of this whole ordeal is finally on the horizon. I do not recommend dealing with Savatron and i will be taking a wide birth to avoid him at all costs in the future. 0/5
This was literally the worst and most frustrating buying experience i've ever had and i couldn't really imagine it getting much worse. STEER CLEAR PEOPLE!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:42:36 AM by Aus_Jedi_Killer »

Offline Aus_Jedi_Killer

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 07:11:59 AM »
Ok just a quick update as the transaction has been completely finalized. Sabers were sent back. Return shipping cost $92. Called paypal and they were more than happy to shoulder half of the return shipping (I'm assuming from the seller's acct). 2 Days after they arrived back with Savatron i received my full refund from paypal and a day after that my half return shipping refund. Glad it's all over and i've got most of my money back. Won't be dealing with this seller again and won't be recommending him to others. Steer clear. If you want to see more feedback for this seller just check out his ebay feedback http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=julio4707&ftab=AllFeedback

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:06:26 AM »
0/5

Savatron emailed me several months ago asking for 12 Obi TPM pommels.  I figured with an order that large, I might as well do a run for the forum.  When I finally got around to posting the run specifics, he must have thought they were to pricey and he changed his order to 6 pommels.  Still, with everyone else's interest, the run proceeded.

I made a request for 20 dollar per pommel down payment at the end of April.  Savatron never made his downpayment (he was the only one out of 50+ people to not make his deposit).  I had enough money collected because some people paid in full at the beginning to cover the material and anodizing costs so I let it slide.   On June 7th, I posted a picture showing that all the machine work had been completed and asked that final payments be made soon.  June 16th I posted a picture of the anodized pommels in hand and asked for final payment to be made.  Around June 17th or 18th I sent Savatron a PM asking for payment - he responded saying he could not pay until the 20th.  He did not make payment on the 20th as he said.  I sent him a followup PM on June 21st and he informed me he could not pay until the 5th.  I replied and asked that he at least pay the 20 dollar per pommel deposit.  He responded asking if he could make multiple payments.  I said yes - and Savatron never made a payment.  July 5th came and went and I still have not received a single payment from Savatron.  At this point, I am considering the pommels he ordered unclaimed and will sell them on this forum to recover my investment.

I would avoid dealing with Savatron as he has shown great reluctance to pay for what he ordered. 

Offline Spulimuli

• No Force
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 07:38:59 AM »

From my side Julio Antonio Reyes from SavatronSabers [nofollow] will get -100 points. If I had the time and the money i would sue him because I bought a TFU saber hilt for around $ 500,-- two years ago and still got nothing from him.

What can I say. I am a friend of him on Facebook and ask him till today to give me feedback when i could expect the hilt but never get an aproximate. It is mayor cheekiness how rude Julio communicates with people and plays with the money of customers who thought to get some hilt of an enthusiated saber smith who hast talent. This was the first thing I thought about him but in any case I can tell that he is probably not.

At this point i have no more expectations and can say that I would never recommend to buy something from SavatronSabers [nofollow].

Mathias
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 07:40:45 AM by Spulimuli »

Offline Zadkiel

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 12:08:53 AM »
000/Infinity

Going to have to add my name to the chorus of people not satisfied with the service.  Ordered 2 pouches off of his Etsy store on 6-19-16.  Stated shipping time was 3-5 business days after ordering.  1 week went by and I asked for an update.  I was told there was a mixup and he was re-doing the orders.  Another week and a half goes by, I message him again asking for an update. A day goes past, I check his etsy store to find that it has disappeared.  PayPal and Etsy claims have been initiated. 

I leave a warning on his page to anyone alerting them to this situation and to not buy.  I receive a facebook PM stating "Hi there your post was delete".  I then send a message asking him to refund my purchase, that I've opened a non-delivery case since his store disppeared, and that it's been almost 3 weeks.  He then states "Your pouches will ship and i will not accpet orders from you ever again. your post was not cool and your impassants(?) is not appreciated.  I then tell him a claim was initiated with paypal and etsy.  He then tells me that my money pays for the materials and time and I won't get a refund and I'll get my pouches.  He continues to try and say that he's only one guy and it takes time and doesn't ship next day and not to expect it from an etsy seller.  I then point out that his store stated shipping within 3-5 business days, show a screenshot of the stated delivery date, and he the responds to every subsequent message that "the order will ship 3-5 business days after it's made.  your pouches will be sent to you end of conversation."  except to say that it's 11:31(PST) and that any more messages are "Hairrasment".

Totally unprofessional seller and I wish I found this thread before ordering.  Will post either the result of the claim or the finished product.  Also included are the screenshots of the stated delivery date.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:13:41 AM by Zadkiel »

retrousse