fiduciary

Author Topic: George Lucas on the set of Game of Thrones  (Read 1316 times)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
George Lucas on the set of Game of Thrones
« on: April 24, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
I thought this was pretty cool:

GL himself helped direct the season premier of GoT.

New Behind-The-Scenes Video Reveals George Lucas Helped Direct "Game Of Thrones"

While everyone seems to be talking about the long-awaited season premiere of “Game of Thrones”, one aspect of the episode that has just been revealed is that a very famous director was on hand to help out behind the camera.

A 17-minute behind-the-scenes featurette about the episode that HBO dropped on YouTube reveals that “Star Wars” director George Lucas was on the set during filming — because he simply wanted to drop by and hang out.

“When we found out George Lucas wanted to visit, we thought maybe it was a practical joke,” says series co-creator David Benioff in the clip. “We were really excited and also nervous because it’s George Lucas.”

Not only did Lucas tour the Belfast set and chat with the cast and crew, he also lent his expertise; at one point in the video, Lucas is seen behind the monitor, standing alongside that episode’s director, David Nutter.
“George would be sitting in my director’s chair, it was so cool for me,” Nutter admits.

In addition, the video also features a brief snippet of Lucas directing Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen) and Kit Harington (Jon Snow) in the pivotal scene when they have a candid discussion after their arrival in Winterfell.

“That was great,” Lucas tells Harington, clasping his arm and then jokingly telling the actor, “No direction for you. I don’t really care about you. I don’t care what happens to you.”

the Lucas bit starts at 4:00 in the video here. enjoy!

Game of Thrones | Season 8 Episode 1 | Game Revealed (HBO) - YouTube
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

retrousse