fiduciary

Author Topic: Most funny, and not so funny to me story of how I got an Anakin FX.  (Read 19093 times)

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
  • They'll do their job. I guarantee that...

Okay, one day I was strolling around at Best Buy and I saw FFX sabers for the first time. Christmas was coming up, and I really didnt think of them as anything important. Thay had a Vader on display, I went over and held it. It was much more realistic than those plastic lightsabers which I had been using, and well, they are nothing compared to the FX saber. Well, I knew it turned on, but of course as a newbie to FFX sabers, I didn't know how to turn it on. I was standing there for about a minute trying to figure it out. I didn't want to look like an idiot, so I set it back, and went to look at PS2 games. Every 3 seconds I could here it being turned on and off. I got so mad! As you know, the people at Best Buy are like the nicest people in the whole world, every time you walk in or out, they are like "HI, or Bye", and if you are having trouble looking for something, they will spend like an hour with you. Now why didnt they help me with an FFX? Oh well... after my adventure at Best Buy, I went home and did a little research, I saw all the vids and pics. They were so cool. I knew that my dad would never let me get one. But I bugged him about it. I was obsessed with getting it. I bugged him about every day.

December 25: I ran downstairs on Christmas morning. Like I thought, I didnt get it...or did I? We were cleaning up, and my dad brought in the box covered in wrapping paper. I opened it so happy. I looked inside, and all i say was my plastic lightsaber, an Anakin AOTC. I almost fainted with surprise. Then my dad brought it in. I got my 3 AA batteries and put them in. I turned it on, and my whole family was amazed. Lets go through my FFX experiences. ( I get an Anakin ROTS FX for Christmas...I get a Vader ESB FX 1 day later...My Anakin has 2 blinking LED's in it...I get a new one...My Vader ESB gets a dead LED...I get my money back...I get Luke ROTJ...this is what it is todaay if your confused. Anakin ROTS, and Luke ROTJ.)

- Custom Saber Shop Luxeon
-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Re: Most funny, and not so funny to me story of how I got an Anakin FX.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:52:52 AM »
Get the Vader ESB its probably the best made saber yet
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 06:56:35 AM »
I would man, but I really don't want to go over 2, because what are you going to do with 6 sabers in years to come? Plus I already had the experience of a Vader ESB saber. It wasn't the best, but it was pretty cool.

( I don't want to sound mean)

-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 07:12:45 AM »
Ya I think my favourite is the Luke ESB. Nice story by the way haha. I like the part were you didn't wanna look like an idiot so you walked away and could hear it turned on and off. haha I did that with the Luke ROTJ when I saw it. Well I spent like a minute trying to figure it out and there was a couple right beside me with an Anakin and they were turning it on and off. I didn't want to look like an idiot so I put down the Luke ROTJ and the couple left so I picked up the Anakin which I could turn on. haha After playing with that for a while I figured out how to turn on the Luke ROTJ, and like a week later my Luke ROTJ comes in the mail. I was mad also that I ordered it and it took forever and then I find out bestbuy is now going to sell them. I thought **** haha. Ya I like the Vader ESB. I want it to be my next saber but I have no money. How about everyone here at FX give me at least a dollar. haha If 120 members do that then I get my Vader ESB. haha Ya I want my collection to be at least Luke ROTJ, Luke ESB, Vader ESB, Full Maul TPM by the end of this year.
"Impossible, the Sith have been extinct for a millennium."- Ki-Adi-Mundi

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 07:26:06 AM »
Nice story  ;)

When I got my Luke ESB I was a bit like that, I had seen so many pics but still hadn't realised you had to slide the button  :D.

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 07:27:30 AM »
Nice plan Ki-Adi

-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »
I think it is the best watching people trying to figure out how to turn it on. Like at Best Buy I'll be browsing movies and I'll here some kid with their mom or dad saying "crap, how do you turn this on?" "press the..no...here.." "No that is wrong also!" hahaha Or when you show your FX's to people who have never held them before. And they press down on the buttons hahaha.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 07:31:50 AM »
Thats what I was doing with my Luke ESB, pressing the button down, then my finger slipped down and slid the button on :D.

Nothing like holding an FX for the first time............. ;)

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »
Haha, I was at Best Buy, and this 5 year old kid comes over with his mom, and he is like, "this must be the new plastic lightsaber everyone is talking about. I know everything about Starwars lightsabers. Hey mom, watch this", and he swings it around like a banshee, and he is like, I practice form zero. Then he drops it, and starts crying. I couldnt stop laughing!

-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 07:37:07 AM »
hahaha well I am glad to see you like laughing at little kids you evil SITH!!! ALERT WE HAVE A SITH!!! hahaha :D Ya if he knew everything about lightsabers he would know it isn't plastic haha.

Offline DarthArn

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 07:42:24 AM »
I guess i'm an early Asajj Ventress with a blue and green lightsaber

-UltraFX Luxeon

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 07:48:49 AM »
hahaha Ya I am with ya on that. I really need the Vader ESB to complete my dream collection. To have all the colors from the OT. I got green, luke rotj, blue, luke esb, and now I need red, Vader ESB. I would get ANH but I need ESb to complete my esb collection. hahaha Very complicated you know! haha

Offline registrau

• Experienced Force User
  • ...in a galaxy far, far away
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 08:18:18 AM »
Same thing here Ki =)

I'm currently awaiting the arrival of my new Ani ROTS, so that I will complete the 3 main colors (only Windu has a violet saber in the movies as far as I know), and I guess I'll be happy with that =) . And I always liked Ani saber a lot, as it's a great character and also the saber that Luke receives in Ep. IV!! (Well a little bit different in the movie but not much really)

Missing a blue saber was unbearable once I got green+red!

Offline Ki-Adi

• Cerean
  • Master Force User
  • Homeplanet; Cerea
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 08:27:58 AM »
Ya Mace is the only one in the movies who has purple. It is weird because EU wise Mace had a blue saber before purple. Ki-Adi has had a green saber, then purple, and then blue. Plo Koon had a yellow saber and some jedi actually had red sabers. I don't think red was labelled sith until later because in jedi power battles adi galli or how every you spell her name has a red lightsaber. I think GL wanted the main colors to be red, green, and blue. I at least need these colors, I can do without Mace's Blue with red Filter saber haha.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »
Ya Mace is the only one in the movies who has purple. It is weird because EU wise Mace had a blue saber before purple. Ki-Adi has had a green saber, then purple, and then blue. Plo Koon had a yellow saber and some jedi actually had red sabers. I don't think red was labelled sith until later because in jedi power battles adi galli or how every you spell her name has a red lightsaber. I think GL wanted the main colors to be red, green, and blue. I at least need these colors, I can do without Mace's Blue with red Filter saber haha.

so jedi's also had red sabers....interesting i never knew that.
The Force will be with you....always.

retrousse