fiduciary

Author Topic: My First Luxeon Graflex Luke ESB  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
My First Luxeon Graflex Luke ESB
« on: March 22, 2008, 11:20:54 PM »
Oh yeah looks like Easter gonna be a blast. I bought it off ebay 3 days ago and it's finally here. It's complete with the grips and screws. The blade is super thin and the luxeon isn't all that bright. But still none the less I do have a graflex and the price wasn't bad either. It's so weird but this time it's not a Vintage Graflex it's another brand but I can't make it out from the bottom, it doesn't feel anything like a vintage and there's no rust anywhere, the bottom says Folmer Graflex, if anyone can tell me what this means I really would appreciate it. The owner told me that he bought it many years ago from Korbanth, just found out who he is, so I'm assuming this is a Sith Planet Saber, but in my eyes it's a Graflex. I don't know if If I should upgrade it since it doesn't have sound on it, maybe Crystal Focus or just wait for Ultra's new board to come out. The only problem with this Graflex is the Clamp latch broke previously so I'm gonna have to use some plyers to get to the battery pack, the Luxeon on this Graflex is kinda weak but once I do change the batteries I'm sure that issue will be solved. 

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 11:48:57 PM by Shadowlynx »

Offline lowandheavy

• Experienced Force User
Re: My First Luxeon Graflex Luke ESB
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:34:28 AM »
That is a nice graflex!n ( even if it's not!)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 04:32:09 AM »
The name on the bottom is what a vintage and most replica Graflex's will say. Most of the current dealers that sell replica Graflex's get them from a company in China that either bought the Graflex dies or tooled their own. I can't remember which it was. These are the most common you see. There is another company making replicas that are of reported poor quality and may not be interchangeable with vintage hilts and what is commonly refered to as a "Parks Graflex".
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 06:30:29 AM »
Try Parks or King of Parts on Ebay to see if you can fix that broken clamp.  I know Parks has them just need to make sure they will be interchangable with yours.

Offline LANDO CALRISSIAN

• formerly known as Grayven
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have recently struck a deal with empire
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:59:10 AM »
Hey Shadow.

I got a lever I can send you. ;) Just PM me your address, Happy Easter. ;D

Grayven

All good is just as flawed as all bad. True power lies somewhere in between.
I like spaghetti, You like spaghetti? If so check out the spaghetti party over at judgesabersmith.com

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 12:34:39 PM »
Yeah that's true Owen Lars, maybe it might be a Vintage, but it's different I mean the clamp is different as well as the Graflex itself. It looks a bit smaller from my other Vintage. Don't get me wrong it feels almost like a MR the material and not really like metal if you know what I mean. Oh thank you Grayven, I PM you back  :)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 01:01:32 PM »
I wonder if it's a converted Icons Graflex? Not sure how those were built though. Once you get your lever I would love to see some pics of it taken apart.

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »
I took some pics of it taken some what apart, it just looks like to me they used a Luxeon Kit from graflexshop, but still over all it looks good, after resoldering the battery pack to enforce it, I think everything looks good to me. What what I need in order for it to be converted like an FX saber Graflex?  :)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 02:36:06 PM »
You would need a FX soundboard or an US or a Crystal Focus board and a speaker. You said the Luxeon was not very bright so it's probably not a 5w. You can't use a 5w with an FX board so you should be O.K. Post a WTB for a soundboard or watch the Bay for one. You would then need to build something to hold it together or pack it real good. You could wait for Master Yoda's DIY kit for the Graflex but I'm not sure when it will come out. You might want to PM him about it. Or you could build your own frame to hold everything like I did in my thread. It looks like you have an older Luxeon heatsink. These were very long so space may be at a premium. I might suggest gutting it and updating all the elctronics at once. The choice is yours! ;D

Offline Shadowlynx

• Master Force User
  • Darkness has Fallen
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 08:20:58 PM »
Yeah I can tell this thing is very old school in some cases, I'll have to start from scratch and have a plan of action in order to update everything on it. I'll have to contact Yoda about the DIY Graflex kit or I can send it to him and he can put everything I need for a price  :-\ Also Owens does the Graflexshop Luxeon Kit can hold a Ultra Blade or Corbin Blade from TCSS?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 01:16:51 AM by Shadowlynx »

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 08:46:35 PM »
OH MY LORD,

I fear a terrible thing has just happened. You have just been plagued by the dark side of the force as I was last summer. That Graflex conversion was done by Ionsabers, the worst saber construction agency in the market. They have poor soldering and it's just a matter of time before the heatsink stops working and your saber shorts out. The EXACT same thing happened to me, as I bought one on Ebay and it turned out to be the biggest piece of crap I've ever bought.

I then contacted the best sabersmith in the galaxy, Yoda, from our forums. I bought an absolutely incredibly well built Graflex Luke Skywalker Luxeon lightsaber from him that exceeded my expectations.

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you had to know.
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Rotj-Fx

• Padawan Learner
  • Your thoughts betray you... Mine don't!! Lucky Me
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 10:30:48 PM »
I must agree with TheNewWinduMaster. Yoda does it right all the time.

retrousse