fiduciary

Author Topic: The Episode 3-4 TV series...  (Read 15486 times)

Offline Phatman

• Force User
    • myspace page
Re: The Episode 3-4 TV series...
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2007, 04:07:19 PM »
the only promo materials that have been released show boba fett's helmet on the poster. its obviously a "bounty hunter"show about hunting down the last of the jedi between episode 3 and 4.  the "minor characters" are the bounty hunters from the ISD scene in ESB.  Boba probably features as the protagonist and the jedi's (if any) are depicted as the "bad guys".

-===-

in other news I heard he's already finished ~30 episodes of the CG clone wars series , and he's already set to sell it to a network so they can start running it on TV, but nobody's buying. he's having a hard time getting it "picked up" by any of the networks because its more of a PG-13 cartoon and its got no place in the network formula.  they would have liked a more G-rated cartoon (or a PG-13 "live action") because they have a hard time with the idea of ruinning a "Cartoon" on prime-time TV, opposite shows like Lost and ER, which "adults" will actually watch.  the networks don't quite know how to 'Sell' this one.   it doesn't fit neatly into the "kid's show" genre , nor does it fit the "prime time" formula.  (ie: women won't watch it so it can't go on prime time, and kid's can't watch it because its rated too mature), so nobody is buying.

-->  George might have to start his own TV network, just to air his shows before they go straight to DVD. heh

Sounds like it might be a good fit for Adult Swim

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 03:03:44 AM »
No one read that he now wants 400 hours of live tv?

I hope they do future SW too. Hundreds of years into the future after Ep6 where Jedi numbers are up and up or thousands of years before Ep1.

Tho we saw Jedi fightings in mass in Ep2 but I like to see them dish it out like in Braveheart or something. Hundreds or even thousands of Jedis fighting against Sith army!

I just want to point out that I sincerely want to kick those uncreative and incredibly stupid farking authors who came up with the idea of Yuzhang Vong which is  Alien/Predator rip offs and killed the future stories of SW in the novels! >:( >:( >:(

Back to topic, imagine. Thousands of Jedis and Sith! Oh my, how will one be able to collect full sets of sabers??? ;D :D

B

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 04:12:44 AM »
Ah but you see, thousands of Jedi and Sith would not be possible in a live action show...

Since it is taking place in the time between Ep. III and IV, there would not be the opprtunity. Talk about non-canon stories... :-\

The thing is... Mr. Lucas is a slippery devil when it comes to Star Wars. I mean "Blue Harvest" as a code name to keep people away... the protection of the ESB script for the "Big reveal" until the last moment of shooting, and recording Voiceovers!

And people are supposed to believe that there aren't going to be any Jedi scenes in the TV show? Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it. ;)

About the Boba Fett Backstory... Sure it was repenned for AOTC... But remember... He was a kid in AOTC. Therefore it is not entirely unlikely that he could become an Imperial in the Timeframe suggested by the TV show. Sure he's a Mandlore clone, but what's to say that he can't join forces with Vader and Sidious to exact his revenge for his father's death?

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 06:32:18 AM »
Didnt Boba lead the capture of the planet Kamino?  :-\
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 10:50:12 AM »
Where did GL say he wanted 400 HOURS???

That makes no sense...TV just doesnt work that way - 400 hours would be SIXTEEN YEARS for a weekly series...

4 seasons 100 hours would be a standard syndication package which is what I understood this series would be.

Lucas has the deep pockets he can personally greenlight all 100 eps for 4 years in advance without having to concern himself about whether the show is a hit or not [is there any doubt lol] since he doesnt need ANY first run revenues to underwrite production [which they never fully cover in normal series production anyway] and almost uniquely in Hollyweird doesnt even really need to look forward to a syndication package to finance the show since he could if necessary self-finance through to completion of the package but no doubt he'll clean up on syndication fees when he does have all 100 in the can.

400 hours though is INSANE...no network nor even an ad hoc group of affiliates or independent stations would commit or even COULD commit to carry that...its QUITE impossible in the TV industry.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 03:22:21 PM »
Just remember how long Young Indie lasted.  That was a blockbuster saga adn the show was a flop.  Not saying this will be BTU GL has to deliver.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 05:21:44 PM »
Id watch it  :-\  ;D wouldnt it take that long to cover all the characters?

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »
 ;)

You know I'm crossing my fingers on this one!!I remember back in the early 80's there was a mini series called V.I loved that mini series.After the success of two short mini series the full tv series monster as I called it back then got a hold of it with stupid writers and the series V went to the tv grave.I hope this don't happen to this!!Please lucas bring this to the big screen where the greatest movie of all time needs to be!! :P ::)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 06:17:03 PM »
I tend to agree Ben.  Why not do 7,8,9 instead.  I think he just wants to do something different.  He always had his own agenda.

Now STNG was a great series and blew the OST out of the water.  But they had one of those perfect casts with lots of magic.  The cast makes the difference as does the writing of course.   But he is gonna need lots of tie ins.  We have to see TKs Tie fighters speeder bikes, AT-STs or it will just become SW the drama.  We don't need this to be another Smallville, not that there's anything wrong with that if that's what you like.  But you need to keep the SW universe in tact at least somewhat.

Offline DarrynVarson

• Master Force User
  • Aspiring Jedi
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 07:56:16 PM »
I didn't know the Clone Wars were done but I thought I heard a rumor that Spike was ready and waiting for that show to drop so they could snatch it up. I get that they are going for something edgy and more for adults but I honestly see it hitting on cable than I do regular networks. Also content wise I can't see it being worse than CSI or Desperate Housewives so as long as it is in the "Adult" hours I think it can still draw a crowd.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »
I think the only "adult part" about it would be the violence factor :-\

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2007, 11:07:28 AM »
Although I agree that it will end up on cable and not a primetime slot or even a network, I disagree with the adult edge.  GL has always stated that he geared stars wars for the 9 or 10 year old boy.  I think he will continue in this trend.  Besides the toy market is huge and if the show is geared towards adults and kids can't watch it that would put a dent in the retail market.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2007, 01:57:59 PM »
I dont think GL will ever allow a SCREEN version of SW to have an adult 'edge'...books, comics, games maybe the author of one of those could sometimes slip something more 'adult' by like the gamemakers did in KOTOR with the girl/girl romance angles with Juhani and Bastila if you played as female and hit all the right 'triggers'...but could you imagine anything like that EVER getting by GL in a movie or TV show?

'harsh' Realpolitik, explicit bloody violence or...ummm...that other thing that Jedi arent supposed to do ;-) will probably NOT be in the TV show even if its on cable where those things can be done more than network primetime...I suspect with GL involved this isnt going to be like HBOs ROME of the decadent days of a once-Republic fallen into Empire but 'sanitized for your kiddies protection'.

Could still be very good though...just dont expect [new] Battlestar Galactica 'realism' or sophistication.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2007, 08:38:17 PM »
Owen wilson is one of the people in the world that disurves a bullet and would be a compleat disrespect to the awsomeness that is han solo!

I think michal windslo would make a better lando.

I'm sure it's already been said, but the chance to witness some young Han and Lando adventures would be AWESOME. If only Owen Wilson and Will Smith were slightly younger :)

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2007, 09:20:55 AM »
Where did GL say he wanted 400 HOURS???

That makes no sense...TV just doesnt work that way - 400 hours would be SIXTEEN YEARS for a weekly series...

4 seasons 100 hours would be a standard syndication package which is what I understood this series would be.

Lucas has the deep pockets he can personally greenlight all 100 eps for 4 years in advance without having to concern himself about whether the show is a hit or not [is there any doubt lol] since he doesnt need ANY first run revenues to underwrite production [which they never fully cover in normal series production anyway] and almost uniquely in Hollyweird doesnt even really need to look forward to a syndication package to finance the show since he could if necessary self-finance through to completion of the package but no doubt he'll clean up on syndication fees when he does have all 100 in the can.

400 hours though is INSANE...no network nor even an ad hoc group of affiliates or independent stations would commit or even COULD commit to carry that...its QUITE impossible in the TV industry.

Honestly, if he allow others to take care of SW TV. I will be more confident its going to be alright.

As for the 400 hours, here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

B ;D

retrousse