fiduciary

Author Topic: (FIXING) The MR Millenniun Falcon Lighting Problem  (Read 1529 times)

Offline dockbay94

• No Force
(FIXING) The MR Millenniun Falcon Lighting Problem
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:16:24 PM »
     Hi again, I want to say thanks to all the poeple who responded to my dilema on the Falcon lighting problem, BOY it was a bugger!

First off, I did the worst thing before I found out what to do was to move or twist the phono plug on the base hopeing it would trigger a better connection - then damb it broke or ripped off, so after carefull inspection of the the broken wires I had to re-soder them, which it did by drilling a small hole at the bottem of the base to pull out the slack to re-soder, that was done and bingo the same problem? NO headlights again.  So now is where I need the help. i got a link and read the forum to find out what to do! and BELIEVE ME after all ther work I did the answer was sooo very simple to me! at least it worked for me. so maybe this might help others with the same problem!

I went to the Source - Canadian name for (Radio Shack) and got 9 volt battery plug, a CRAP LOAD of Resisters (as here they only sell then in a 150 pack, then I hopefully found the right one and did what the forum crew did to help them, and after plugging it in I got nothing! the same problem, the cockpit and the engines lights up, but no headlight  again ( both ) ,  some have a one headlight problem! mine was both, anyway after trying a few different resisters and a few different new batteries and making sure the polarity was correct I gave up!!!!

After a few hours of throwing things around my house because of frustraition, I did all i could and I finally put the falcon back on the the stand. then BINGO! one headlight went on out of no-where!!! Believe me I was Baffled too! then I had a strange thought after that came on decided to leave the lights on ALL nite long, come the next moring I went downstairs to the basement and PRESTO!! they ALL WORK NOW!!!!! I have no idea on why or how but they all work now! maybe it has to do with an electric signal being on for a long time to get a better current or something?

So, if you have this lighting problem as I did? try the 9volt battery thing and then leave it on over nite ot 2 and you might get the same results as me!  HOPEFULY.  if you have any questions please let me know,  as I spent good money (not INSANE money) to get my Falcon and I want it work just as the other guys!

thanks again to all who helped me  -   Paul

Offline wookieecrisp

• Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee Win!
Re: (FIXING) The MR Millenniun Falcon Lighting Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:21:47 PM »
:D An interesting story 94. Glad things went well in the end!

Offline dockbay94

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 07:13:26 PM »
     Thanks wookieecrisp - I just hope this problem is as fixable as mine was for the others out there! , trust me! I went through alot to find out the problem.  and a little sacrifice on the base mount to do it, but it worked out in the end for me! and I highly recomend others to do the same before they conduct surgery on the base, and or falcon. here is the link if they would like to learn more about what to do!

Here's that link... Sounds like it's the base there is a lot to read in that thread... and there are photos and a break down of how to take it apart...

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=60946

A very special thanks goes out to ( KI-ADI-MUNDI) for the link. which helped me alot.   -  thanks and aloha from Paul   (Maui born from Hawaii)

If you wish I can post some pics's of my falcon . the light's all work NOW! not to mention what I am most happy about is the very low edition # I  was very greatful to buy which is ( 0063 - out of 1,500 ).   

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 07:24:55 PM »
Let's see it... :D

"In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act"

Offline dockbay94

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 07:42:40 PM »
     Thanks for responding    KI  ADI   MUNDI    -      if I did not have your link I would be a FRIED TOMATO buy now! but I must say as the JEDI's do having Patience is a must! who knew that leaving the lights on all nite would help me? and I am not saying that is the answer? but it worked for me! and to be honest I left them on by FLUKE. I forgot to them off when I went upstairs to put my son to bed?

I will post some pic's ( GOOD ONES ) for you guy's tomarrow,   I can do that for the people who have helped me!

Once again a very special thanks to  KI-AD-MUNDI for the helpful link!

Thanks  -  Paul

Offline dockbay94

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 08:29:04 AM »
 Herw are the pic's I took of the fully functional lighted MF FACLON in Basemant Home Theater Hope you enjoy. If you have any questios? please let me know

Thanks again to all who helped me  -  ALOHA-NUI-LOA      - Paul

Offline The Highwayman

• Formerly known as Caden
  • Master Force User
  • Political Thread Pioneer #1
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »
I don't see any images... Congrats on the great collectible, with or without lights!

"It's obvious that the price of this game cannot be determined by our knowledge of fair market value, but by our skills with a lightsaber." - Obi-wan (Jedimoves)

Offline dockbay94

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
I am having problem posting my pics as the are too large! I will have to resize them to fit and lose quality as well, Sorry I am working on it!!

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 09:57:53 AM »
I am having problem posting my pics as the are too large! I will have to resize them to fit and lose quality as well, Sorry I am working on it!!
If you have a photobucket account it will automatically resize your photos and give you a URL that you can post here....

Offline dockbay94

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 12:18:13 PM »
 Thanks  KI-ADI-MUNDI  I think I did right? if it works please enjoy the pic's

Thanks -    Paul                       http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae292/dockbay94/

Offline KI-ADI-MUNDI

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • "TRUST THE PROCESS"
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 12:58:48 PM »
Sweet...  8) Never did get in on one of those makes me wish I had.... :-\

retrousse