fiduciary

Author Topic: Las Vegas Dueling Team?  (Read 3803 times)

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
  • If they die, do not mourn, rejoice for their life.
Las Vegas Dueling Team?
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
First off I must say, when I mean dueling, I don't mean choreographed I mean real combat. Also I want to find guys besides me and my other highschool friends to practice lightsaber combat with. I like using the combat as a way to stay agile and on my feet so if there are any other people willing to practice and fight with us in the Vegas area please PM me! ;D
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
  • I travel in the footsteps of the force...
Re: Las Vegas Dueling Team?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:58:40 AM »
I've been looking for others in the Las Vegas area for some time.  I had put out the call before, but no one responded.  good to see someone else step up to the plate.  I thought I was the only one in Las vegas.

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »
I've been looking for others in the Las Vegas area for some time.  I had put out the call before, but no one responded.  good to see someone else step up to the plate.  I thought I was the only one in Las vegas.
Glad to hear there is someone else. What part of Vegas are you in?
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Huntridge side of town.  What kind of sabers you got?

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:45:05 PM »
Huntridge side of town.  What kind of sabers you got?
I live off of Nellis and Owens, and I have a Force FX and an Ultra Sabers Standard Issue battle saber.
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 04:11:24 PM »
Prefer heavy dueling, or Ultraedge?  Graflex WIP, Starkiller WIP, Empty Anakin FX, empty Luke esb FX, TCSS custom saber, Majestic is my main saber.  Have a thread about it and a youtube video of it in operation.  Need to install sound though.

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
I'd really like to see your Starkiller, I'm a big fan of his weapon, and post a link of the youtube vid. I use an Ultra Midgrade as i just got the lightsaber on Saturday.
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 04:28:22 PM »
The youtube vid is my Majestic, the Starkiller is still a work in progress, hence the WIP, I've got the basic contours down, a lot of the other elements done, still need to acquire the parts that are in heavy demand, such as the red button thumbscrew, and the glass eye thumbscrew, as well as the activation box.  Haven't decided on grips yet.  Haven't found anything that looks good.

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 05:16:36 PM »
Any chance you could help me build a set of the new Starkillers? Then we could both keep one or we build 4 and we each have a set, of course when your finished with your WIP's
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 05:51:05 PM »
Yeah, well it will take some parts, being MHS based, they will need to come from The Custom Saber Shop.  Keep in mind that the starkiller is not easy to make, lot of work goes into making just one.  Lots of things get taken into account, such as choosing your crystal, which could take some time find the right one(s) for your saber(s).   If you want to start by making them out of PVC, that might be easier to work with.  It's not an easy first saber build to be sure, as I have built about 10 myself.  Mostly static sabers, 3 LED models.  Maybe you'd like to get a feel for building, you could take your hand at the MHS builder program on www.thecustomssabershop.com.  There are also a lot of concept scans for the starkiller, as there are also many different versions of the same saber out there, so choosing which design to follow is also key.  Lot of things to think about for making a saber, which without machinig equipment can be quite a gradual process.  Could be done though, just needs time and patience to look good.  Maybe start with an MHS saber, then maybe starkiller, although I'm not privy to how much saber experience you have, it's up to you how you would like to get started.   

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
I'm not a builder myself, but I understand it I know how to build them, and I'm actually building a Darth Krayt Stunt saber soon. I didn't mean the TFU starkiller lightsaber, I meant the one he uses in TFU2. Link shows the lightsabers: http://savatronsabers.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1342175

I know which parts we would need to buy from the Custom Saber shop (two of each obviously) and the only thing I even see as a problem would be finding the correct emitter. Savatron's designs are completely accurate though, the pommel for the lightsaber is actually this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPS-Pommel-style-6-P295.aspx

It would be a surprisingly easy build if you ask me. Also I prefer stunt sabers over sabers with sound as I worry about damaging the sound card.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 06:52:43 PM by cloudxen »
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »
Well, yeah, it does look like an easy build.  As for the emitter solution, we could use the method I used for my Starkiller version one.  Obtain the graflex template, cut the outer shroud out of aluminum tube overlay, 1.5" ID in the shape of Graflex S curve, fitted over a blade holder type one from custom saber shop.  That's what it looks like savatron did too.  Other parts, such as the clamp sections could come from saberkit.com, Parks has a lot of good parts.

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 11:52:52 PM »
This would be a quite fun build if we worked together, If we did I say we build two and we each keep one. I personally like them because of how perfect they are for Shien and Jar'kai. Also, what types of lightsaber combat do you use, do you know any forms of martial arts and real sword combat?
So, what'd I miss?

Offline Jedi K-man

• Force User
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 12:20:14 AM »
Sounds like a good idea.  Have practiced what I can, read and watched videos about different saber forms, wish I could learn from Caine, he is a great martial artist from the forums.  He and Novastar are working on a stage combat DVD, showing all the forms, and plenty of martial arts moves, good DVD coming out.

Offline cloudxen

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 12:31:39 AM »
Yeah I'm quite excited as well, I've learned two forms to a considerably "mastered" point. Soresu and Jar'kai. You are aware our fighting wouldn't really be choreographed it would be real combat.
So, what'd I miss?

retrousse