fiduciary

Author Topic: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System "NCSCS" (1st COMPLETE System!)  (Read 61866 times)

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
Re: Novastar and Caine's Staged Combat System (1st Complete System!)
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2011, 01:26:38 AM »
Is it safe to assume that whatever format you decide on could be converted to AVI? My entertainment network is very AVI orientated & most of my hardware is specifically geared toward it. Any AVI file I store on my desktop I can then stream it to my Xbox360 or transfer to my gf's laptop when the weather improves enough to go outside.
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • NCSCS - Sabercombat.com
    • DIAMOND DRAGONS: Humans stand, heroes fall--but DRAGONS are *Forever*...
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2011, 03:16:16 AM »
Is it safe to assume that whatever format you decide on could be converted to AVI? My entertainment network is very AVI orientated & most of my hardware is specifically geared toward it. Any AVI file I store on my desktop I can then stream it to my Xbox360 or transfer to my gf's laptop when the weather improves enough to go outside.
As far as I know... even though the codec is technically an "MPEG" one--it's ending up as an AVI on my end when I render/produce the completed project file.  So the short answer is... yes, 95% sure we'll be releasing in .AVI... even though it's technically the H.264 codec.  :)
* Former creator and owner of SaberCombat
* CUSTOM SOUND FONT LIST --->
Click here for Nova's 100+ custom sound fonts!
* PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS ---> Click here for Nova's saber performance work...
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline MaleficusForte

• Force User
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2011, 10:59:01 AM »
there are also many free video converters that people can use if they need it in a different format

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2011, 06:23:47 PM »
True, but sometimes it's all about knowing the "details".  For example, if you convert video format X into video format Y... and your frame rates and resolution/aspect ratios are all wrong--it's going to look HORRIBLE.

In this case too... since Caine and I don't exactly have 8000 dollar cams... the "quality" results are just standard SD from the get-go.  THEN of course *I* must compress that video during the editing process... and anything after that could be pretty "degraded".

But good points overall.  If people simply CANNOT find a way to view a .avi or .mpg with the H.264 codec (and do not have .mp3 codecs)... converting IS an option.  :)
* DIAMOND DRAGONS ---> Diamond Dragons: A feature-length screenplay being developed by Matthew 'Novastar' Carauddo

I don't post often on forums anymore.  If you want to e-mail me: novastar1138@gmail.com, or visit me on Facebook:

Click here.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2011, 02:09:45 PM »
Folks, we are SOOOOOO excited about this release!  :D

I however, need to give credit where credit is due. Nova has been working EXTREMELY hard to get this done, with all the research on video editors, organization and general planning on this project. In essence, my partner ROCKS!

I have been out of things for awhile due to my martial art's school's sudden surge of business and a plethora of new clients! Although this is a great thing and so grateful for it, it leaves me little time for anything else besides family time...and as a lot of you know my wife and I are expecting a 2nd child in Sept...so Caine=busy, bust, BUSY!!

I am still around, just not as much...but I very much look forward to you folks FINALLY getting your hands on this release.

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #110 on: March 17, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »
Haha you guys get to have all the fun!  ;D
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #111 on: March 17, 2011, 07:57:51 PM »
I be honest./.. the video editing isn't all that much "fun" to *ME*... but it needs to get done in order to provide a good product!!  :D

Click here.

Offline Lucien Kane

• Master Force User
    • youtube channel
« Reply #112 on: March 17, 2011, 11:03:45 PM »
I be honest./.. the video editing isn't all that much "fun" to *ME*... but it needs to get done in order to provide a good product!!  :D

I hear you, I'm learning how to edit, an it is nothing short of painstaking. It's fun, but definitely painstaking.

I meant more with respect of having someone to spar/learn/make videos with. You guys seem to be able to meet somewhat consistently. I have friends that are so busy I don't get to see them for months at a time.
\"A lightsaber - any weapon - only achieves worth in how it is wielded - in the effort, the struggle of one who holds it.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #113 on: March 18, 2011, 05:11:06 AM »
You are right on the money with "not being able to meet"... I mean when I think back to the BOP I days--it was tough.  Then BOP II... even tougher.  Rehearsals for the early makings of BOP III?!??  Well, that got jacked of course...

Then, for some time, Brian (Gundamaniac) was learning a little of the numbering system, but that didn't last--everyone gets super busy!!!

And now... in less than 6 months I do not think Caine and I will be able to meet more than once EVERY FEW WEEKS!!  :(

The only chance at saber practice (for me) will be @ GGK, and even though I'm really really enjoying that... everyone is so new to all things saber (ok, more like sparring, choreo/staged combat + high speed + spins)... I won't improve unless I find a different way.  :)

For now... I'll be going back to Tricking on Wednesdays + learning a hand combo/form + probably trying to build my own "solo saber form" and just do those things a zillion times.  Not much choice on it!  But it should all be fun...

Click here.

Offline Drazhar

• Master Force User
« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
At the end of the day man, fun is all that matters.

Offline Novastar

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Novastar and Caine's Saber Combat System (1st Complete System!)
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2011, 11:04:56 AM »
I don't want to open a poll for this... but... curious as to who is interested in purchasing the NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System) DVDs for:

A) Staged combat... i.e. they want to do fight scenes as performances for friends, family, schools, events, etc.
B) Just plain personal growth / exercise
C) Sparring... i.e. you don't care to do any fight scenes or events... you just want to spar/bout with opponents using protective gear and want to improve.
D) Something else?  Do tell?
E) All of the above...

Feel free to extrapolate, because... we'd like to know WHY you'd want to utilize the work we've put into this little "system" of ours!  :)

It will also help me to get new ideas for what ELSE to show on the DVDs.

Click here.

Offline Kental

• No Force
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
I don't want to open a poll for this... but... curious as to who is interested in purchasing the NCSCS (Nova & Caine's Saber Combat System) DVDs for:

A) Staged combat... i.e. they want to do fight scenes as performances for friends, family, schools, events, etc.
C) Sparring... i.e. you don't care to do any fight scenes or events... you just want to spar/bout with opponents using protective gear and want to improve.
E) All of the above...

Feel free to extrapolate, because... we'd like to know WHY you'd want to utilize the work we've put into this little "system" of ours!  :)

It will also help me to get new ideas for what ELSE to show on the DVDs.

E) All of the above...

I'm actually looking for this information to work on sabers with a girl I know from church who's almost as big of a SW geek as me. She love's the saber and was trying to figure out the seven forms from my copy of the Jedi Path. So I started looking for info on the different forms and stumbled onto this forum and love all the info here. While waiting on this "system" to come out I've already got the Bandit-Jedi Saber Spin DVD and ordered the 7 forms of the Old Jedi Order (still waiting on this one but just ordered it on the 15th) If your "system" is half as detailed as the Saber Spin DVD is then it will be a success.

We are more into wanting to learn forms then actually dueling, but all the knowledge we can get will be a benefit to what we want to do.

Offline Darth Midian

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
E) All of the above...

E) All of the above.  I would also like to train my older kids & my younger kids when they get older in the art of the lightsaber.  I figure since I build them I should know how to use them proficiently.  I also would like to put together a saber club, & would like to be able to teach others.  And most of all, just to have a good time & being safe doing it. ;D

Offline JamoUp

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2011, 02:34:24 PM »
A and B
Staged combat so I can have fun and maybe make a sweet video.
And exercise! I want to be able to say I worked out after playing with sabers.

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2011, 06:01:05 PM »
E for me too. I attend about 3-6 conventions every year & love to cosplay. I'm currently working on a custom Sith costume & plan to develop a custom Jedi costume later this year. It sounds like it will be good exercise physically & mentally, both of which I believe I could benefit from. My better half attends a lot of conventions with me & has also been bitten by the cosplay bug. Since the first custom saber I made was a gift for her I thought this was something we could enjoy as a couple. It would allow us to practice & spar as well as put on random displays at conventions together.
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

retrousse