fiduciary

Author Topic: Jacen Solo with CF7  (Read 5193 times)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
Jacen Solo with CF7
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:50:22 AM »
I built this Jacen Solo a while back as a test bench for the CS2.  I decided to redo it and put a CF7 in it.

Like my KotOR saber I will get a video when I get a chance.

The specs are now...
CF7
Rebel GGW LED  GG in series and W on onboard PEx1
2x18500 AW batteries

First I had to figure out how to fix the recharge port hole I messed up.  I didn't want to thread it when I first built it in case I needed to pull the board for flashing so I drilled through and used the nut on the port.  Unfortunately the recharge port was not long enough and since I still haven't picked up my mill I just used a large drill bit to recess the hole for the nut thinking I would clean it up once I got the mill.  I decided I didn't want the nut showing so I was either going to turn that part down and sleeve it so I could thread the recharge port hole or get the longer recharge port that Wat used on the Maul run and thread a covertec wheel.  I decided on the latter just to add a little more to the hilt.  I took a TCSS threaded covertec wheel and first turned it down some to make it thinner, then I drilled it out, tapped it and drilled out the outer section a little more to fit the charger plug.  I like the way it turned out.

Here are the pics...click for larger images...

I wanted decent run time so I bored the body out as far as I could go with it which allowed me to fit 18500 batteries in it.  Then I cut down the screw in LED holders and wired then glued the LEDs in.  Once I screwed them in place I ran the wires down the body and connected them to keep them neat.

Here is the board wired up.

Here you can see the speaker mounted in the speaker can.  I tried the different speakers and the premium speaker sounded the best in this saber but I can put a 2w bass speaker in there as well if I blow this speaker.

Here is the board in.  It fits right over the recharge port and allows easy access to the SD card.

Here is a pic of the speaker can mounted and a shot of the covertec/recharge port.

And finally the entire saber.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:02:35 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline ScrimpyPIE

• Experienced Force User
  • Guardian's Apprentice
Re: Jacen Solo with CF7
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 08:33:53 AM »
Sweet upgrade! It's been a while since I've seen a recharge port in the covertec wheel. I always kinda liked that feature. Anyway, nice job. :)
"Use the fork, Luke!"

"Are they friendly?" - Obi-wan Kenobi
"Depends... On how good your manners are;
and how big your  'pocket-book' is. - Dexter Jettster

Lightsaber collection-
US Raven
Mhs-based Luke RoTJ
Rebellion KotOR run x2
(Original: violet)
(Second-hand: sky blue)
OM/LDM Lego saber run
LDM Custom "Quobi"
GenesisCustom Ascend CF6 run
GenesisCustom Badaxx "Browncoat"
Personal saber "Illum" by Simpi-gon Sims
"Primum V2" by Darthvix/LDM

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 08:42:06 AM »
Sweet upgrade! It's been a while since I've seen a recharge port in the covertec wheel. I always kinda liked that feature. Anyway, nice job. :)

Yes that seems pretty awesome and more like the movies. Like the greeblies actually doing something. And in this case doing two things: belt clipping and power charging.

Sweet. I like the look of this with the silver covertec wheel.

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:47:59 AM »
I must ask for my education here... The accent led wires... Where is the ground for those LEDs. I'm going to wire mine up this weekend.

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 08:55:27 AM »

Thanks.  Yeah you don't see them a lot.  I remember reading a couple years ago that there is a fear of them breaking from the weight so that may be part of it.  Wat came up with a great fix for that when he did the Alliance saber but that was too involved for what I wanted here.  I don't intend to actually use mine (I do not have a belt clip) so I wasn't really concerned about it. 

Yes that seems pretty awesome and more like the movies. Like the greeblies actually doing something. And in this case doing two things: belt clipping and power charging.

Sweet. I like the look of this with the silver covertec wheel.

Thank you.

I must ask for my education here... The accent led wires... Where is the ground for those LEDs. I'm going to wire mine up this weekend.

I use the switch ground wire.  I just run one off of it and split it off to the others (switches and LEDs).

Offline Cad-Bayne

• Formerly known as Bayne-Fett
  • Master Force User
  • "Dead or Alive, you’re worth Credits to me"
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
Thank you, Chewie, ;)

Offline CHEWBACCA

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MH