fiduciary

Author Topic: How many Australians?  (Read 54840 times)

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
Re: How many Australians?
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2010, 04:58:22 PM »
Yeah i think i'll just save the extra 100 and order one from ultra, they seem very good at what they do

- UltraFX MR: Anakin ROTS - Red LED
- LDM Mustafar v1: Anakin ROTS Stunt 'Ruski' - Red LED

Offline Mersenne

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »
Hey if you're new here and want cheap replica sabers - light and sound
http://www.redfordfilms.com/results.cgis?CATALOG=&KEYWORDS=fx+lightsaber
5% discount if you signed up to their newsletter as well (if they still do that)
cheapest new Lightsabers going and they have the new range of Hasbros with removeable blades.
Freight to AU was reasonable through them when I bought last about 9mths ago

way cheaper than Fleebay, but the light/sound sabers are Hasbro only, where as if you're after the MR, expect to pay for them, as they are no longer made
it's all Elemental

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Hey mate, thanks, yeah they are cheaper hey.
I'm happy to say i've just purchased a GG custom anakin stunt saber, from the states but i couldn't say no to such a generous deal  ;D
I will be saving up for my next saber, Hopefully an Ultra custom Anakin ROTS with red blade.
I'm thinking i want this one brand new, that way it will be made for me and i will feel a special bond towards it..
There are some great sabers for sale on this forum thou, some are very close to my dream saber haha
I guess time will tell to what i decide when i have the funds. :)
If only shipping wasnt so much from the states  :'(

Offline Smokiewan

• Master Force User
  • Canadian Jedi do it in the snow
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »
I'm happy to say i've just purchased a GG custom anakin stunt saber, from the states but i couldn't say no to such a generous deal  ;D

It's actually coming from Ontario, Canada.  ;)

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »
hahaha oh my bad, yes all the way from CANADA  ;D
Cant wait!!

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 01:23:53 AM »
Any aussies had a custom saber built?
Or any history with sabersmiths? Please share your experiences :)

Offline joelx1000

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »
hello to you all i am an australian currently in NSW and i go to gold coast alot around currunben alot palm beach to exact my sister lives their and i know my way around their. now to business i was wondering if any of you would like to start a dueling group with me i want to make it big and have factions in every state and sometimes multiple factions in states that are spread out i was wondering if any of would like to join i am working on a name for it i have contacted another guy about this and im waiting on a reply from him.
i would like this to be big and if it gets big enough i would like to make sabers with the people who are at the club it will not be just for dueling but for everything jedi and sith related.

you might be thinking whats the benifit of doing this?
well mainly if we have a small charge for club entry and sign up fees we will be able to make and sell custom sabers our selves and props and all stuff like that.
 this will not be for personal profit it will be to assist lightsaber enthusists in australia and NZ maybe im not to fond of international expanding but im getting ahed of myself. if u are interested in this contact me on my MSN pegleg1993@hotmail.com or just send me a PM on this i will be making this a forum but i want to inform people first before i put it up ill will be back within 24 hours so 5:00pm tomorrow.
now im am inderage currently but i turn 18 next year i am person that likes to plan big so if u are not going to commit to something like this please do not contact bother contacting me when i mean commit once i get my saber in a few weeks and we get about 10 people to start this i want to have weekly chats with them until we can find a space and stuff to do the dualing ( i personally dont know much about the star wars expanded universe and not all the names im not into star wars enough to learn so much about it, i am more into the jedi and sith and this will be about jedi and sith it will be about have fun but also on the dueling day or club days it will a day to enter the world of the jedi) this is my plan please contact me i know i type alot sorry i might shorten it later

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »
That would really be a lot easier to read if punctuation, grammar and whatnot was utilized.

While I usually don't care and try not to be a grammar nazi, when u opt to type out 2 paragraphs with little to no punctuation, it is extremely hard to read, unless you're the voice character for speed racer.

Thanks.

Welcome to the forums, we need a few more Australians!

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 12:52:21 AM »
I would have to agree, it was a little hard to make sense of it.
At the moment I know nothing of how to swing and duel with a saber, simply because I have no one to share the passion and excitement with.
Spreading awareness in Australia is definately needed.
Welcome to the forums!

Offline joelx1000

• No Force
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 01:57:39 AM »
sorry about the grammer i problems with it, but basically i want to start a light saber dueling club and need people to join but want people to be commited to it.

also when i say i have a problem i mean its a medical problem with my hands and i tend to overlook things with my ADD

if you are interested i have made a forum and it is much smaller and easyer to read please visit that for information on the dueling club
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:29:24 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Dark Underlord

• Formerly known as bk_renesis
  • Force User
  • The Darkness is calling me...
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »
Hello to all,  I'm from Melbourne  and have built a couple customs and converted a couple force fx sabers. I also recently completed my collection. I could lend a helping hand regarding builds wiring.

On another note building your own is so much better than buying especially with the use of the MHS system and high quality parts available at TCSS.

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

I'm usually on the TCSS forums though...

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:19:29 PM by bk_renesis »

"The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

Offline Master Leyal

• No Force
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 01:56:57 PM »
Hey, another Brisbane person, new to the forums.  I'm still waiting on my Ultrasabers to arrive but would love to discuss duelling and modding with others.
Emotion tempered by peace.
Ignorance dispelled by knowledge.
Passion moderated by serenity.
Chaos accepted and brought to harmony.
Death is only the beginning, for there is the Force.

Offline Oz Drift3r

• No Force
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 06:58:00 AM »
Brissy area aswell....

Currently in the process of moving to Toowoomba for work.

Im only new to the forum less than a week, but i own three Ultrasabers and have spent the last month chasing down parts in Oz to build a saber from scratch.

I have also built two PVC sabers (minus electrics) with PVC blades. After i ordered my Ultrasabers i couldnt wait and needed something to play with so i spent about $20 dollars at Bunnings and bought everything i needed to make them. As i said they dont light up... but i couldnt wait and needed something to swing at my girlfriend if she distracted me from The Force Unleashed :P

Offline Sith Apprentice

• Experienced Force User
  • -MTDSOTFBWYA-
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 09:01:01 AM »
hahaha swinging the saber at the girlfriend if she distracts you from the video game... sounds exactly like me haha.
Well Im sad to say once again i have perchased another dodgy deal... I bought an mr maul staff converted and was so excited for it to arrive... turns out my blades dont even fit in it, not even ultraedges (too thin) and also one side of the staff makes sound but doesnt even light up and doesnt have any clash sounds at all... very dissapointed.. :(

Offline Master Leyal

• No Force
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 03:25:20 AM »
Bummer SithApp.  That sucks.

Who did you buy the staff from?  Just so I know to avoid it and tell my friends too.
Emotion tempered by peace.
Ignorance dispelled by knowledge.
Passion moderated by serenity.
Chaos accepted and brought to harmony.
Death is only the beginning, for there is the Force.

retrousse