fiduciary

Author Topic: Feasycom BT630 drivers...?  (Read 338 times)

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
  • You don't know the power of the dark side...
Feasycom BT630 drivers...?
« on: January 21, 2022, 11:08:01 AM »
Hey folks, trying my hand at adding bluetooth to my latest build, but I can't get Windows 7 x64 to load any drivers for the module (BT630).

I've at this for a couple of days so as not to post unnecessarily, but I can't find a solution.

I've downloaded multiple packages from the Feasycom site which have drivers, but none of them work.  I've tried several solutions offered online also.

The message I'm getting in the Device Manager is "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" with a yellow triangle (unable to install drivers)

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Feasycom BT630 drivers...?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 11:08:39 PM »
no wonder why based on the age of the OS. Also, the BT630 is BLE only, so I'm not sure why you would like to have it talk to a windows computer, it would be mostly to talk to an app

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 12:58:08 AM »
no wonder why based on the age of the OS. Also, the BT630 is BLE only, so I'm not sure why you would like to have it talk to a windows computer, it would be mostly to talk to an app

Eeeeeeeasy cowboy!  Don't bad-mouth my 2010 Alienware laptop with Windows 7.  LOL!

I thought you needed the drivers so you could send the serial commands through the terminal.

I found a tutorial here on the forums titled: Wireless (Bluetooth) control for sound boards - HOW-TO!

I downloaded the Feasycom android app and followed the simple instructions and got it going.

And shouldn't you be working on FW 6H instead of posting on threads????   :laugh:

Thanx

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 01:27:32 AM »
support is also part of the job. Not making fun of your computer gear but not expecting to have a lot of HW based stuff working anymore on win7.

Configuration of the feasycom module is in the CFX manual and can even be achieved in USB over the CFX itself as command hub, or you can do that by wiring directly a USB TTL uart module (FTDI, siliconlabs CP2102 for instance) to the module. But wiring it only once thru the CFX and doing config this way allows for wiring it only once. As you guessed, you can send the very same commands / achieve config via the app on the phone.

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 05:50:36 PM »
support is also part of the job. Not making fun of your computer gear but not expecting to have a lot of HW based stuff working anymore on win7...

Hey man, I was only kidding; no need to explain. I have WAAAAY thicker skin than that. I'm the first to make fun of my own Win 7 machine.  And your work and valuable time here is certainly appreciated.

My Win 10 gaming monster is in my room, which I'm too lazy to fire up.  LOL.

retrousse