fiduciary

Author Topic: Which Makoto do I have?  (Read 979 times)

Offline Darth Cephalus

• Force User
  • Many tentacles the dark side has
    • My Youtube channel
Which Makoto do I have?
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:40:35 PM »
I recently bought a saber with a Makoto crossguard kit installed. I was wondering though if anyone could help me figure out what I have. It has an activation button. Turns on and off with quick tap. It has a secondary button that switches between swing effects and clash effects and can trigger blade lockup. It has a quick connect for a recharge port, though none is installed. The main blade is an LED strip and the connector looks consistent with what I have seen in pictures of his things. The side blades are clusters of 3 LEDs each. They connect with the same type of plugs a recharge port uses but smaller rather than the quick connects as I have seen in pictures. Sound mixing is awful. The hum cuts out to play the swings. I know there have been several versions of his sabers with different features, I am just curious what version/ generation this sounds like and though this might be a good place to ask.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:10:11 PM by Darth Cephalus »

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Which Makoto do I have?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 07:40:36 AM »
Hey bud,

You have a 2.0 Makoto soundboard which allows for those different effects using the secondary button.

Unfortunately there is not a Makoto soundboard that has mixed sounds,... which is why you hear a pause and then the next sound. The hum cannot play throughout the experience like the newer boards by other manufacturers.

Makoto sabers are more about the bright blade than the sound effects. The sounds are kind of there as a bonus because the real thing Makoto is known for is the bright string blade.

Offline Darth Cephalus

• Force User
  • Many tentacles the dark side has
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 02:42:53 AM »
Thanks you for that. Mind if I ask what the more recent versions of his sound board have added if there are any? Also how they stack up to the Neopixel blades. I am far from experienced with string blades, I usually avoid them like the plague, but people keep mentioning them, so I thought I should try to figure it out. Finding information on these things is far from straightforward, which is why I came here where I assumed someone would know.

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 08:17:52 AM »
There are no newer boards than the SuperONE 2.0 sound board you have from Makoto. I'm not aware that there is anything newer from him in the sound department, but he has some options for different levels of brightness in his blades.

I think one of the brightest offered in the V3 GCX (not certain of the moniker) which is probably a bit brighter in single color than the comparable Neopixel. But only slightly brighter to the eye. His blue may be twice as bright as neopixel blue... but other colors such as red may only register as slightly brighter on a Lux meter.

Segmented string blades are the previous technology for string/strip blades and strip pixel blades are going to be the future most likely. I personally still love string blades,... but even I realize the benefits and cool new features that the pixels offer and you really can't get away from how awesome they are. Each technology has it's ups and downs (blade scrolling pun intended)  :cheesy:

retrousse