fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX newbie help(profiles/colors)  (Read 873 times)

Offline Nerek387

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
CFX newbie help(profiles/colors)
« on: September 25, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »
Hey everyone, so after a long time I finally got my custom CFX Graflex finished with the build help of Brandon from Scarecrow's Workshop.
I've done plenty of research within CFX however I'm stuck on a few things. I tried adding images but it doesn't seem to let me on here?

1)I added 32 colors to the color.txt file along with changing each of the font_config files to match with 32 1s, however each sound font can only seem to access 16 RGB colors. I use spectrum Act+Alt. Am I missing a way to get to colors with a secondary color to set.

2)I loaded a bunch of sound fonts to the saber from Kyberfonics, which sound great(unfortunately he uses Proffie in demos). But I've found it's very difficult to match blade style/ignition speed/etc with each character. I've seen tons of videos online however I can't seem to figure out the proper way to set these fonts up with a good color/style match.

Does anyone have recommended Profile/Color configs they use they could share for proper ignition, blade style, etc. for characters? Any help would be much appreciated as for days I've been going nuts trying to learn all of this.

Offline Nerek387

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: CFX newbie help(profiles/colors)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 11:39:45 AM »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 01:31:14 PM »
you can edit your blade ignition duration in each font with the font_config.txt where the duration is set (quick on and quick off)

if the board has an early fw, you might need to update it first, 32 profiles (instead of 16) were added after the initial release

Offline Nerek387

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 01:46:06 PM »
you can edit your blade ignition duration in each font with the font_config.txt where the duration is set (quick on and quick off)

if the board has an early fw, you might need to update it first, 32 profiles (instead of 16) were added after the initial release

Just realized it was an old F/W due to the build taking forever, 32 Colors and Profiles you provided seem to work now! Thank you, I assume to eyeball the ignition and retraction per character best is to find the profile most similar then use RICE?

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 01:46:20 AM »
a lot of users put something like 500 to 800 ms ignition times for ledstrips, that pleases the eye. Staggered ignitions need a little more work

retrousse