So any progress on this beauty? I know you are working on the double-bladed saber but this one ranks right up there on my all-time favorites.
Oh yeah, sorry... I have had some progress on this saber....
I decided to install the graflex clamp lever I have into the new TCSS box...
I drilled a hole through the side of the TCSS box, and a larger hole on the otherside for the thinned nut.
It makes the saber feel more "original trilogy" Which is what I am going for.
Here's a shot of the freshly painted middle ribbed section. I wanted to enhance the contrast between the graflex shroud and the middle area, to bring out the curves more. I may weather this down a bit some. I also need to cut a hole for the AV switch for the box.
A little work on the emitter, made from found pieces and a chunk of steel I dished and polished to mirror smooth so it reflects the blackened metal gear piece I have around the machined brass LED holder.
I like the way the outer steel piece reflects the grooves in the gear.
Last night I decided to widen the switchbox slot a bit on the Milling machine. Much easier to true it all up with that as opposed to using files and whatnot.
I also milled a slot for the back grip section screw, threaded the hole for that, and installed a black dome screw. Also found some black oxide hex cap screws to mount the switchbox on with. I had to mill out underneath the switchbox enough of a hole to fit the AV switch.
The PC-U installed finally, and a spare white LED for now. A red LedEngin on the way for this one.
I also found a CB Radio cable plug ferrule that fits the threading of the graflex, and really simulates the "red button" enclosure. This will be my blade retention knob.
A shot with the lever and such installed. I'll need to shorten a few screws next, as I've had to put spacers in so the front box screw and the rear grip screw don't push too far into the electronics and whatnot.
Got my red Ledengins in today! a quick 5 minute install, and it's cooking red. I can't tell you how different it looks in person, it's BRIGHT. At least at the base. It gets dimmer towards the tip, meh.
I'd take a pic of the whole blade, but I am still pretty unimpressed with the tip illumination. Perhaps when I get the narrower degree lens, it will look better.
The blade is a regular TCSS show blade, the lens is ... I dunno, something I had laying around for a while. Not sure what it is.
I have a 5 degree lens and such coming from Tim, so we'll see if that helps a bit. Also I am using stock LED settings for the PC-U. Az suggests I crank up the power, so I'll do that and have a look. For now, here's a wide shot.
This one is close to being done, a few minor details and it will be wrapped up.