fiduciary

Author Topic: Jasher Kain's Obi-Wan ROTS  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Jasher Kain's Obi-Wan ROTS
« on: June 04, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »
This was my first lightsaber...and I loved it.
Notice the past tense.

I initially bough the saber to remind myself not to procrastinate. Last summer, I saw TONS of the sucker on eBay for as low as $60 + $12 for shipping. Now you're pressed to get one for under $150...which is how much I paid for mine.

I read on these forums that this saber ranked highest in its weight...and it does feel like a real sword in your hands. But I have a couple problems with it:

1. The gold and copper neck. Not only does the plastic bother me, but the two-tone color scheme just doesn't thrill me. I thought Hasbro's use of a little black on their toy saber was more aesthetically pleasing.

2. The pommel. It's heavy and it's not smooth. There's always this unnerving grinding noise when I unscrew it and screw it back on.

3. The blade. I know all Masters come equipped with the LED strip blade...but I didn't think they were that pathetic. The power-up/power-down effect is cool, but useless. And if I wanted to convert this bad boy to have an UltraSaber Luxeon, I'd have to put an ugly screw through the emitter. No thanks!

4. The switch. By far the most disappointing aspect of the saber. Not only is it made of flimsy plastic, but it's easily switched off in a spin. I thought they'd use the push button SPST switch like on the Hasbro sabers. Disappointing...

5. Scale/size. Initially, I didn't think anything of its size. I didn't know any better. But then I got Yoda's Negotiator (Obi-Wan TPM) and my custom MHS hilt. That was it. Compared to scale hilts, this Obi-Wan ROTS is OBESE.

Enough said. I'm biased and I'm going scale. TCSS...here I come. If anyone wants this saber, PM me. Only been lit up a few times...sitting nicely in it's box and factory box.

Offline Raahul16

• No Force
Re: Jasher Kain's Obi-Wan ROTS
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 07:18:21 AM »
could i plz have yo saber you said in the post plz answer back thx

Offline Jasher Kain

• Master Force User
  • A Knight of the Old Republic
Re: Jasher Kain's Obi-Wan ROTS
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 10:19:49 PM »
Thanks for the interest, but I sold it a couple of weeks ago.   :)

retrousse