fiduciary

Author Topic: How much for my entire collection?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline silkysean

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
How much for my entire collection?
« on: February 24, 2007, 05:27:43 AM »
Hey there,

The time has come where I can no longer afford to keep collecting FX sabers. So I'm selling my entire collection. I have every single fx saber with original box and I was wondering how much you think I should sell them for? I'd rather sell them together as one piece.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
Re: How much for my entire collection?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 05:32:07 AM »
whoa!  all of them? nice.  I hope you find what you came looking for silysean, and please be welcome to the forum.  It's sad to hear you are parting with you entire collection.  It would help you to list the fx you have and post on their condition.  Maybe some pics.  Good luck, and once again welcome to the forum!
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:52:19 AM »
Hey there,

The time has come where I can no longer afford to keep collecting FX sabers. So I'm selling my entire collection. I have every single fx saber with original box and I was wondering how much you think I should sell them for? I'd rather sell them together as one piece.

You'll be better off selling them off one at a time....there aren't too many people with $1,000 (just throwing out a figure) to blow on FX's... :-\

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 06:05:07 AM »
It will also be kind of rough to find someone probably in that you are VERY NEW to the forums, and people do not know who you are or anything about you.  So in order for someone to lay down that kind of money, it would probably have to go through Ebay where they can see a VERY GOOD HISTORY pattern to your sales.

This is my input and advice, in that it is something that I look for when buying from people online. 

So you may want to consider this.  If you do not have an ebay account, there are people that have companies on ebay that will "Sell it for you" type things, where you give them an amount that you want to make off the auction and basically they either get a fixed percentage, or get anything Higher than what you originally stated.

My wife's ebay business has a 100% ebay rating, and if this is something you may want to consider, feel free to contact me (or anyone else for that matter) and I could look into selling the sabers for you, either as a whole lot or piece meal.

But like they said, it's going to be more difficult for you to sell them together.  Many people won't be able to drop a hunk of change like that.  Even taking into account that you made $80.00 (very conservative estimate here) for each saber.  Some of the sabers would probably go $100-$150 or more.  Some research on "patterns of sales" and length of time to sell would have to be done.

Just some thought.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 06:07:09 AM »
Lord Vader has spoken.
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline vivan_cygna

• formerly known as Vivan Cygna
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 06:08:17 AM »
Hi there. Welcome to the forum.  :)

When you're ready, you might want to check this channel Trade Federation - Buy/Sell/Trade - Lightsabers
Eat all the bacon!

Offline silkysean

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 02:08:51 PM »
Yeah, I've got an ebay account. Looks like that's going to be the place to sell. I'd rather sell the lot in one go though so I don't have to deal with delivering each one to a different person.

This is most of my collection, I have the others on my other wall, not got a photo of it yet though.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:52:10 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline silkysean

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »
If you know anyone that might be interested in the entire collection, let them know and I'll get the collection on ebay and they can have a look.
I live in the UK btw, so obviously shipping overseas is gonna be costly.

I'll post a link to the ebay auction once I've made it sometime next week.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:31:45 PM by silkysean »

Offline vivan_cygna

• formerly known as Vivan Cygna
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »
And by this, I move the topic to the proper board.
Let the trade commences!
Eat all the bacon!

Offline silkysean

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 01:53:53 PM »
Anakin AOTC
Luke ROTJ (First Version)
Darth Vader ANH

All on ebay now....

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZsilkysean

Offline QUINLAN VOS

• Formerly known as Acampa
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Feel the Force
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 12:03:17 PM »
The problem with selling the enite collection is that youd get better $ out of it if you sold them as singles.

Things always cost less in the Bulk.
"Two Morgukai against one wounded Jedi? Seems unfair. Would it help if I closed my eyes?"
―Quinlan Vos

retrousse