fiduciary

Author Topic: Neopixel Trident possible with TCSS pcb connectors?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Darkmatter73

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Neopixel Trident possible with TCSS pcb connectors?
« on: February 07, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »
Hi all. Building a Crossguard 2.0 with Prizm 5.5 for neopixel.

I see that I need a data return line for one of the quillions, and the TCSS connectors have 3 connections. Is there a work around for this, or will I need to move to GX16 or some other connector with more pins?

I already have a blade made from another saber using the TCSS connectors and they work great, but I will change it out to a different connector if needed for this build. Ah but then it wouldn't work on the other saber, so would I need a dedicated main blade with 4+ pins then?

Thanks for any input
-Darkmatter73

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Neopixel Trident possible with TCSS pcb connectors?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 06:11:15 AM »
There's really no way to do it with a 3 conductor connector. The sides can use the PCBs, but the main will need either a different connector, like a GX16, or something custom.  I can help with those, or I have a couple ideas that just might be stupid enough to work.

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 06:52:23 PM »
I just completed wiring this setup, but with a CFX, and ShtokCustom pcbs on the quillions with 4 pins. You can grab these on saberbay, and actually only need one of the quillions to have the 4th pin for data out.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 09:48:24 PM »
excellent to hear ! the secondary ledstrip output will also help building those (coming soon)

Offline scott

• Experienced Force User
  • Oh, I don’t think so.
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 05:40:34 PM »
Can’t wait for the secondary Data output Erv! I have the crossguard wired up but can’t seem to get the delay on the quillions right!  Having a lot of fun with CFX build.

retrousse