fiduciary

Author Topic: Enhanced Light Reactive Tube Tests with a Blue String Blade  (Read 3684 times)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Enhanced Light Reactive Tube Tests with a Blue String Blade
« on: November 01, 2016, 11:40:16 AM »
Using the new Enhanced Light Reactive tubes from The Custom Saber Shop, I've constructed a segmented string blade that works with the Crystal Focus LS to test the three new colors.

I heard that the tubes react the best with a blue LED so I made a string of 100 5mm 360 degree 3.2v LEDs from SuperBright for the main blade and a white string of approx 67 3mm Cool White 45 degree LEDs for the FOC string.

Since I wanted a nice Photonic 'Electric Blue' blade that could compare to the green Photon I made my intention to complete a blue blade with Enhanced tube in blue. But before I completed the blue blade I slid the blade assembly into the other new Enhanced colors to see how that looked. You will see that I did this before applying the foam diffuser,... so my tests here for the Red and Amber with blue string are not complete color tests... as I do think the color would be nicer with a foam tube. However, it is difficult to slide on the blade over the foam so I saved that for when I was constructing the actual blue blade in the final phase:

The string under construction

The FOC string wrapped with the main segmented blade

The complete blade with the Amber Enhanced tube in the photo

The Enhanced Amber lit up

Video of the Amber Enhanced tube with Blue Segmented string inside: TCSS Enhanced Amber Lightsaber blade - YouTube

The segmented string blade assembly along with the red Enhanced tube

Video of the Red Enhanced tube with Blue Segmented LED string inside: TCSS Enhanced Red Lightsaber String Blade Test - YouTube

The blue blade inside it's foam covering

And the final Boyega Blue Segmented String Blade inside the Enhanced blue TCSS blade tube.

Me with Enhanced Boyega Blue Lightsaber String Blade completed: Enhanced Boyega Blue Daytime Test - YouTube

Nighttime test with different camera: New Enhanced Boyega Blue Lightsaber String Blade - YouTube

Friend's reaction to the blue complete blade: REACTION: Friend Reacts to New Boyega Blue Enhanced Lightsaber String Blade -

I do think the tubes will react differently with string blades than with normal LEDs. There could be some color loss toward the top with standard LED but with String Blades it is even the whole way up. The light effects are so weird I'm not sure I'd do this with the Amber using Blue LEDs, ... I'd probably try white and see what happens there. For the red enhanced tube,... you can get a nice purple by using the blue LEDs. I'd like to see that in motion in the future... and not just on a table like in my above video. More experimentation is needed! But in the case of the Enhanced Blue... I'd say it is a win!! Was hurting my eyes last night it is so bright and there is a true aura around this one.

Awesome job to the Photonic Bladesmith, Vader's Vault, and TCSS and anyone else responsible for their work on these enhanced tubes. Thank you!!

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Enhanced Light Reactive Tube Tests with a Blue String Blade
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 12:05:54 AM »
amazing work and detailed build log as usual, which I enjoy very much ! SO BRIGHT !I just received some enhanced tubes, can't wait to play with them !

Offline Greywolf

• Force User
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 08:00:17 AM »
Awesome :huh: !

I guess it's 'I wear sunglasses at night' time when firing that saber up :cheesy:
Life is but a series of missed opportunities.

Offline Gallandro

• No Force
  • An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 08:20:15 PM »
in the case of the Enhanced Blue... I'd say it is a win!! Was hurting my eyes last night it is so bright and there is a true aura around this one.

Space, I signed up today to say that I'm going to attempt my own Boyega Blue build in a TGS replica Graflex.  Do you see any fitment problems there? 

I understand that you sell blades, so I don't want to tread on any trade secrets, but did you drill or flatten the domes on the blue 360 degree LEDs before chaining them?

Will I be able to use one of the commercially available 1" blade adapters with a string blade?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:00:23 PM by Gallandro »

Offline Kouri

• No Force
  • ~
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 09:50:08 AM »
For the red enhanced tube,... you can get a nice purple by using the blue LEDs. I'd like to see that in motion in the future... and not just on a table like in my above video. More experimentation is needed!

Isn't that how the old Force FX Mace Windu blades worked? Blue stringblade, fluorescent red inner tube, foam diffuser, white plastic diffuser, clear plastic blade.

retrousse