fiduciary

Author Topic: Maul Double £80 delivered in UK at play.com  (Read 2991 times)

Seth Ski-Woo

Maul Double £80 delivered in UK at play.com
« on: January 21, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »
I thought this was worth a mention - that's got to be the cheapest I've ever seen these in the UK, I'm very tempted indeed...

They also have Vaders, Yodas and Lukes for £40 delivered.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 03:06:54 PM by Sethski »

Offline RobD

• No Force
Re: Maul Double £80 delivered in UK at play.com
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:07:59 AM »
Awesome. They were all out of stock after Xmas, and more expensive. :D

I may get a Luke or Vader soon then.

They also seem to have Luke ROTJ there:-

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/627496/Star-Wars-Luke-Skywalker-Replica-FX-Lightsaber-Episode-VI/Product.html
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 08:09:56 AM by RobD »

Offline Flexa

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »
xxx i want that double maul, but it can only be send to UK a adress.. sux.. :(

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 12:52:09 PM »
Aw - that sux bigtime!  >:( I thought they delivered to Europe - but not electronic items, it seems.

Their prices seem to fluctuate quite unpredictably at times, I really hope it doesn't go back up before I can get me one - I was a bit disappointed that I missed out when they had them at £100 before, so here's hoping...

Wowser! I didn't see the Luke ROTJ, surprised they have them - although at £99 it's still cheaper to eBay, I think...

Offline Ulic Qel-Droma

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 01:30:39 PM »
This also seems worth a mention:

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/4929174/Star-Wars-Force-FX-Lightsaber-Construction-Set-Online-UK-Exclusive-/Product.html

I didn't think we'd get the construction kits over here and £49.99 seems pretty good.

Offline Flexa

• No Force
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:10:55 PM »
Just buyed the Ultra Saber Construction Kit.

I think it looks very nice :D

Offline Sithblade

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »
I got my Yoda and Vader ANH from play.com last week for 39.99 each.  Ordered a Vader > received a Yoda (!) > ordered a Vader again because I felt cheated!!   :D :D

Strangely, they seem to now be selling the Vaders for 99.99 and 39.99  :( :-[ :-[

Knowing how their prices fluctuate I would buy now if any of you guys are considering it.  Either way you look at it the Maul double-saber is a good deal, I'm not gonna get one on the basis that it's too big to use indoors and I'm not gonna stand in my back garden entertaining my neighbours by repeatedly smacking myself with it (not for free anyway!)  ;D ;D

Offline Sithblade

• No Force
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 03:23:30 PM »

If you're in the US I think FAO.com are doing the Maul double-blade for $150 which is approx £80?  Buy quick while it's on offer!

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »
Haha - I know what you mean about the indoor thing.

Good call snagging a Yoda and Vader - The Yoda is surprisingly bright and loud, isn't it?  :o

I think the more expensive one is the ESB and so is priced at a "collector's item" mark up coz it's less available.

Offline Flexa

• No Force
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 11:37:22 AM »

If you're in the US I think FAO.com are doing the Maul double-blade for $150 which is approx £80?  Buy quick while it's on offer!

Tnx m8, but i live in Netherlands.. just watch it how much it cost to send it.. there 220euro in de shop here.

Offline Sithblade

• No Force
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 04:02:33 PM »
Haha - I know what you mean about the indoor thing.

Good call snagging a Yoda and Vader - The Yoda is surprisingly bright and loud, isn't it?  Shocked

I think the more expensive one is the ESB and so is priced at a "collector's item" mark up coz it's less available.

If I'm not mistaken there shouldn't be any difference (as far as the films are concerned) between the Vader ANH/ESB should there?  I wonder what the differences are between the actual sabers and whether they are significant?  Either way I'm more than happy with the Vader ANH - the sound is fantastic.  The yoda is very bright yes, you don't realise how much brighter until you fire it up compared to another saber and see how much of the room it lights up....

Flexa - fair enough mate, keep your eyes open though you may find one cheaper sooner or later.

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »
I think the differences are minor and superficial, like the grips go all the way to the mid-band on the ESB, there's some fake wires detail and it doesn't have the "clamp lever" or silver sides on the control box.

I think I prefer the ANH version, the only thing I'm not crazy about is that I'd prefer the clamp lever to be more flush with the control box like an actual clamp lever. They're both classic and close in scale and detail to the props.

At £99 i can't see them selling many ESBs, tho...

Offline Sidneyious

• Alias......Ninja of the Mist
  • Master Force User
    • Blog of my saber builds.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 05:23:26 PM »
80 gbp isent that like 40$ american?

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 12:43:22 AM »
80 gbp isent that like 40$ american?
Sadly it's the other way round - roughly $160 U.S. - the FX's are generally a bit pricier this side of the pond, so that's a real bargain for us Brits  :)

Offline Sithblade

• No Force
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 02:22:53 PM »
Just another heads-up guys, looks like the Maul doubles are back in (£80) and the Mace Windu is also now in for (wait for it!) £89.99!!  Ouch!

Anyway, just ordered myself a maul double.  My yoda had to go back this week for a refund after one of the LED's blew in the blade, seriously it has never been hit against anything so I dunno why it went pop.  Decided not to get another as it seemed fragile.  Have now got a vader ANH, Maul single and a double on the way!

retrousse