fiduciary

Author Topic: Buckpuck & recharge port wiring  (Read 2148 times)

Offline lelegossalas

• No Force
  • "tiiii dweee tiii tiiiiiiii" - R2D2
Buckpuck & recharge port wiring
« on: May 08, 2017, 07:27:04 AM »
Hi,

Little question about how to wire the recharge port on a buckpuck (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MWS-BuckPuck--P748.aspx).

The BP has B+/B- for the battery, and R+/R- for the recharge port. Problem is that recharge port has 3 pins :
- one for both battery+ and board+ (I guess this one have to be connected to the R+)
- one for battery-
- one for board-

At first look, I should say R- to be linked to battery- and that board- is unused, but I'm not sure.

I think the recharge port might be placed between BP and battery, but using the BP internal entries may be better.
Any idea on how to wire it ?
Thanks.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
Re: Buckpuck & recharge port wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 01:09:14 PM »
Since you're not using a soundboard,  skip the board negative terminal on the recharge port.That is actually intended to be used with this: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MWS-Recharge-Port-P877.aspx

This goes between the battery and the MWS sound board or buckpuck. If used with buckup just plug one side into the battery and the other side into the buckpuck battery connector and not the recharge connector.

Offline lelegossalas

• No Force
  • "tiiii dweee tiii tiiiiiiii" - R2D2
Re: Buckpuck & recharge port wiring
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
Thank you for your answer.

Using the pre-wired recharge port means to connect the recharge port between the battery and the buckpuck. Maybe that's the best (and safest) solution.

Pre-wired connector on my buckpuck have same connector gender for battery and recharge, so if I use the wired recharge port I will either have to change the connector gender (does not sound to be a good idea), or to to use the board negative (does not sound better).
And in all cases, cut the unused connector to save space.

Being not familiar with this, I should use the safer way...

retrousse