fiduciary

Author Topic: Help please from any owners of ‘The Light’ from VV  (Read 1483 times)

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
Help please from any owners of ‘The Light’ from VV
« on: August 24, 2019, 03:10:31 AM »
I received my ‘The Light’ saber from VV over a month ago and it arrived with an issue that I’ve been unable to resolve since. I’ve contacted VV via email several times, but had nothing back, so hoping that maybe someone here who owns the saber can help.

In trying to access the battery and SD card I am assuming that this is a standard combat class install as this is what was stated in the saber description, and it was also briefly mentioned in the original VV announcement video when it was ordered in September last year (but I did not notice any demonstration of access to the chassis).

The pommel comes off, then you unscrew and remove the inside detailing piece. The ‘fins’ also can be removed at this point (which seems advisable if you are going to try and shake the chassis out). When I do this on mine I can see the speaker like a standard combat class install, but no amount of shaking it shifts it at all - it arrived jammed in there and is going nowhere. Question to any owners of this saber - is it a standard combat class install with access as I have described, or am I missing some other way to gain access to the battery?

I have viewed the Phoenix Props video on assembly of the empty saber, and it looks like my only remaining option is to dismantle the saber from the top by removing the screws holding the top of the main body section together. This would allow me to push at the chassis from the other end. I haven’t done this to date as it would invalidate any warranty, and I would like to confirm that my assumptions on the install are correct.

Unfortunately this issue has resulted in the saber sitting on the shelf for the last month and a half, so any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
Re: Help please from any owners of ‘The Light’ from VV
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 08:44:31 AM »
It does work like any other combat class.  Do not disassemble it, you will void the warranty and destroy the saber.

We did not receive any emails from you which is why no response.  However we have a posted phone number on our website, 470-839-2551 where you can call and receive personalized service over the phone.

We provide a special tool with the saber, one side aids in the pommel removal, the other side has pins for removing the detail piece.

At that point, once you see the speaker you can then take the saber in one hand and smack your forearm on the hand holding forcefully against your other palm to get it to shake loose.  It just may be a little snug.  There is zero reason to dissemble the saber.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline MikeyX

• Force User
  • Star Wars collector in the UK.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 10:00:29 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Odd you did not receive my emails - I sent 4:

9 July at 13:54, subject: Issue / question about 'The Light' saber I just received
11 July at 20:17, subject: 'The Light' arrived with chassis jammed in place and unusable :(
8 August at 18:36, subject: Re: 'The Light' arrived with chassis jammed in place and unusable :(
17 August at 13:51, subject: Re: 'The Light' arrived with chassis jammed in place and unusable :(

All to sabersmith@vadersvault.com (I assume that is still the current email address?), and times are all UK time as recorded in my sent items. Unfortunately phone is not so easy due to being in the UK.

I worked out the use of the tool, and can get as far as seeing the speaker. However no amount of shaking, smacking, shocking or swinging it about like a crazy wild-person will get it to shift. I have several other combat class sabers and have had them get a little jammed in the past, but nothing like this - it is stuck in there real good. At least I now know I have been trying the right thing as I thought I might be missing something.

I’m assuming there is nothing else to try?

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 11:41:32 AM »
I mean you might find something flat, thin and non-conductive and try to use it to pull it out just enough to get your fingers on it to tug.  If you are in the UK obviously sending it back is not great.  I will say we have been out of town on and off at cons so have missed a bunch of emails but I went back and looked and did not find yours :(. Not sure why.  We have not had any out of 75 in the wild with this issue you described and we do test before they leave but it is possible something shifted during packing or shipping.  I would just keep working at it.  If you can't get it, give us a call Monday and we can try some things over the phone.

Facebook: VVFB

retrousse