fiduciary

Author Topic: FxSaberOS Whit Homebrew hardware building questions  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Sarevok81

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
FxSaberOS Whit Homebrew hardware building questions
« on: May 02, 2020, 03:11:37 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm starting to build the Fx-SaberOS project with homebrew hadrware.
I would have some questions about the components and the construction of the project.

1) I purchased the following components on amazon, do you think they are correct?
   AZDelivery Arduino Nano ATmega328 CH340 on Amzon
   AzDelivery GY-521 MPU-6050 on amazon
   AZdelivery DF Player with JC AA1828CJ490C1-94 chip on amazon

But I read in a post on github that the correct model of dfplayer mini is this:
   Haljia DFplayer Mini with XY5200-24SS chip
   (I also purchased this for safety)

2) I read here on the forum that the LED mofets in the LED STAR RGB configuration would be the ILZL44N or TIP41. Around me they are difficult to find.
   But I can find the TIP41C model, can I use this?
   Are the resistances indicated in the diagrams between the base and the mosfet emitter also necessary with the TIP41C?

3) The standard arduino nano breeding system is 5v. The project suggests using a 3.7v 18640 lithium battery.
   Does Arduino Nano work properly with this type of power supply?
   Do not blockages, gliches or problems due to under power occur?
   I was thinking of using a Panasonic NCR18650B battery soldered directly to the circuit. Is it also correct for Fx-SaberOS homwbrew?

4) On other forums I read that a 440ohm resistor may be needed on the dfplayer mini's RX pin, but I don't see this resistance in the original schemes.
   Is it really necessary?

5) I made a project similar to this based on LightsaberOS, the sound card works well but on every occasion, when playing the effects of swing or clash,
   you hear a small glich similar to a ticking, when the hum track is interrupted by the track of swing or clash.
   In some cases the effects of Swing or clash seem to arrive to the speker late creating some boredom of reproduction.
   I am still not able to find a way to correct or hide this problem by manipulating the audio track with audcity.
   It seems that this problem is not there with FX-SaberOS, or at least it is not heard in the short videos that I found online.
   So I ask those who have already completed the project if the audio reproduction suffers from problems similar to those I have described above.

Thanks for your attention and help.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 03:12:00 AM by Sarevok81 »

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: FxSaberOS Whit Homebrew hardware building questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 08:27:49 AM »
FX-SaberOS is LightsaberOS, but we changed the name to avoid... imperial entanglements.

We cannot guess whether any particular clone chip will work, the YX5200 (as well as YX6100, YX6300, and other varieties from the original manufacturer) should work fine.

Yes, the arduino will work fine.  It wouldn't make much sense for us to have this setup if it didn't.

If you are getting artifacts in your sound it probably means either you aren't getting enough power to the DFplayer, or the tracks have meta data which the chip tries to play as sound.  You cannot power the DFplayer from the arduino, it must be powered from the battery.  You may also have issues if you try to power it through a cheap breadboard.

Offline Sarevok81

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 10:16:31 AM »
FX-SaberOS is LightsaberOS, but we changed the name to avoid... imperial entanglements.

We cannot guess whether any particular clone chip will work, the YX5200 (as well as YX6100, YX6300, and other varieties from the original manufacturer) should work fine.

Yes, the arduino will work fine.  It wouldn't make much sense for us to have this setup if it didn't.

If you are getting artifacts in your sound it probably means either you aren't getting enough power to the DFplayer, or the tracks have meta data which the chip tries to play as sound.  You cannot power the DFplayer from the arduino, it must be powered from the battery.  You may also have issues if you try to power it through a cheap breadboard.

Thx fo reply.
Next week the material arrives and I will begin to assemble everything on breadboard.
In my first project I used wav files without meta data and the dfplayer was the original XY5200 powered directly by the battery. However in that project I used a step-up circuit to reach 5V, this time I would like to proceed with the 3.7v of the 18650 battery.
However the artifacts I speak of above only occurred when the hum sound was interrupted by a swing or clash effect, but not every time. From the tests it seems that it only happened when the hum sound was interrupted at certain points that I was unable to locate or bypass.
The only way I found to solve the problem was to send consecutive commands to the player:
- turn down the volume
- pause the sound of hum
- raise the volume
- launch the play of the swing sound
In this way, however, delays were generated which made the sword slow and some swings were lost.
I was wondering if this condition occurred or not with the latest version of Fx-SaberOS.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 07:38:50 PM »
LightsaberOS was basically the alpha version of FX-SaberOS and hang been touched in years.

I never had the issues you described, except in the cases I mentioned.  There have been hundreds, if not thousands, of installs. This is a mature and developed platform.

Offline Heronan

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2022, 03:58:30 PM »
hello, I have succeeded in this project, but I can't get only the crash sound and light effect, what could be the reason?

retrousse