fiduciary

Author Topic: What game are you playing now?  (Read 310317 times)

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
Re: What game are you playing now?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2007, 03:21:45 PM »
Directors Cut just has a different ending where the mansion doesnt blow up and different costumes that Jill and Chris can wear.I hate when I have to reload and the dogs lunge at me,or when they chase me down the hall
sig removed, ...animation not allowed

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »
Right now I'm playing Eternal Sonata and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I'm also planning on picking up Zack & Wiki when that comes out next week.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 10:58:27 PM »
ATV blazin trails-psp

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2007, 02:20:49 AM »
My brother is playing eternal sonata on and off right now. It reminds me of Tales of Symphonia, which is my second favorite RPG (behind Skies of Arcadia). I'm just having a hard time with the music based stuff. I think since I beat all the games I listed before except Metal Warriors, which I have never beaten because you get 3 lives for 20 or so levels, in a marathon gaming session I'll rent Gundam Dynasty Warriors since I love master and Burning Gundam (better have burning finger!!!). Then I'll move back to Skies of Acradia for the 12th time.

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2007, 09:51:26 AM »
Right now, just playing Bioshock on the PC. I just reached the gardens and the xbox360 got the 3 red lights (for the 2nd time). So now I am playing from the beginning for the PC...

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »
Ace Combat:The Unsung War-PS2
One of the best fighter pilot games out there IMO

Offline RogueJedi

• Vagabond Master
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back!
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2007, 08:02:21 PM »
Right now, just playing Bioshock on the PC. I just reached the gardens and the xbox360 got the 3 red lights (for the 2nd time). So now I am playing from the beginning for the PC...
Bioshock was such an amazing game. I really hope that they make another game like it. The atmosphere, plot, and gameplay just fit so well together. I would like to see a movie adaptation too.

Offline Darthmischief

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2007, 10:12:02 PM »
  I'm about to start Bioshock on the Xbox 360. I've been playing KOTOR I on the 360 for a few days- ever since I discovered that it plays smoothly (since the latest updater)- and when it starts to glitch- a console restart and cache purge restores smooth play. It just looks soooooooooo much better on the 360 in 720P! BUT- since I've been playing KOTOR to death on my old xbox for the last month or so- its time for a break!  Bioshock! But wait- a game expansion for Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV due tomorrow? Free for the first week?

OK, so Bioshock and the new Oblivion expansion....

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 11:37:01 PM »
My PS2 is on the fritz again >:( ??? My brother plays it too much

Offline Master Mac

• Master Sig Artist
  • Master Force User
  • Firmitas in Caelo
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 04:21:41 AM »
I cleaned the laser in my PS2 the other day and it plays like the first day I got it now =]
As you from crimes would pardon'd be,
Let your indulgence set me free.

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2007, 08:10:07 AM »
Its possible for your PS2's laser to die over time, or rather any consoles laser will fade.  I had it happen to all 3 of my last gen systems.  The gamecube was an easy fix since you could open up the system and crank up the power on the laser.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »
Directors Cut just has a different ending where the mansion doesnt blow up and different costumes that Jill and Chris can wear.I hate when I have to reload and the dogs lunge at me,or when they chase me down the hall

I've changed my point of view on being chased. xxx Hunters are so fast! Give them an opening and they'll take your head off! They have to be the hardest enmies to take on. Taking to on at once is a death wish. I have Magnum rounds, but I don't want to waste them! Aaaaaahhhh!!!!!!! :o (The nice thing is that in RE: DC' Arranged Mode, the pistol will fire the equivilant to a Mag round. So I try to take them out from far away. But they move too fast for Chris or Jill) To think, I've payed this game so many times and still have issues with these Bass Turds! :D

It doesn't blow up? I thought it did. Funny, I've played it so much, I don't remember?  ???

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2007, 10:53:53 AM »
Its possible for your PS2's laser to die over time, or rather any consoles laser will fade.  I had it happen to all 3 of my last gen systems.  The gamecube was an easy fix since you could open up the system and crank up the power on the laser.

This is my least favorite aspect of the newer game consoles. Gone are the days of keeping your beaten-up SNES around for 15 years and having it still work like new. Whereas the older systems were fully solid state, the newer ones have laser lenses and moving parts, both of which will degrade and stop working in 4-8 years, tops.

And unless the manufacturers keep the string of backward compatibility going (which, based on their recent moves, it looks like they won't), what we'll all be faced with, eventually, is a situation where the old consoles aren't made anymore and can't be fixed...so we're stuck with a bunch of old games we've no way to play anymore.

Offline Darth Resev

• Man of many names
  • Master Force User
  • I'm back
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »
Laser huh?I might try and clean it.How'd you clean yours?
I hate when hunters jump out from around the corners.And I hate it when theres three dogs and one of them gets behind you.Then they all just attack at once and eat me.I wish you could use the flamethrower or the rocket launcher throughout the game.
I have the new slim version of the PS2 and its only 7 months old :-\.Our old one lasted 6 years

Offline Master Mac

• Master Sig Artist
  • Master Force User
  • Firmitas in Caelo
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2007, 03:14:11 PM »
Laser huh?I might try and clean it.How'd you clean yours?
I hate when hunters jump out from around the corners.And I hate it when theres three dogs and one of them gets behind you.Then they all just attack at once and eat me.I wish you could use the flamethrower or the rocket launcher throughout the game.
I have the new slim version of the PS2 and its only 7 months old :-\.Our old one lasted 6 years

My PS2 is the old bulky model; I'm not familiar with how to clean the new slim models. I can look it up if you like...

EDIT: I found this video on Youtube. It's instructions on how to disassemble the slim PS2's. If it works anything like the old models, you'll have to take the top off and wipe off the laser with a microfiber cloth or a cotton swap dipped in pure alcohol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izY7pth8vKI

Hope this helped  :D
-Master Mac
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 03:19:12 PM by Master Mac »
As you from crimes would pardon'd be,
Let your indulgence set me free.

retrousse