Introducing The New Brewboard V3 Design!UPDATE!
Brewboard V3 source files are now available on git Hub!!! The old version 2 has been moved to the release archive, should you still want that version. The source files have been tidied up a bit and the BOM has also been updated.GitHub - SaberRepublic/Brewboard: Shield for FX-SaberOS
There is now also a Wiki section which I will be slowly adding to as time goes on.Home · SaberRepublic/Brewboard Wiki · GitHub
Just thought I'd share this here... For any that don't know Brewboard is a Carrier board for homebrew Soundboards, it was designed for Econo-builds and can run with either FX-SaberOS or S.T.R.E.A.M. (free version).
The old design was getting a bit long in the tooth and I had some free time, so I thought it would be good to iterate on the design and make the board a bit better. So here are the changes.
- Interrupt mode is now available for clashes.
- All extra Pins have pads (for folks that want to experiment and add features).
- LED Power Traces are now able to handle a total of 7.8A so Pixel Blades can be safely hooked up to MOSFETs (less drain in deepsleep).
- Power Traces for Pixels removed! Pixel Blade can be wired directly from the battery Positive, and to two or three of the RGB MOSFET pads as mentioned above.
- 4th MOSFET removed to reduce part count.
- Pixel Data Line resistor removed, as it really should be on the blade side (also reduces part count).
- All Pins are now Labelled and should now be large enough to be readable.
- Added a few Vias for better overall grounds.
- Spiffy new logo!
- Now have the option of 2 Firmware solutions FX-SaberOS or S.T.R.E.A.M. (Free Version)
And it's still;
- 100% open-source
- 20.32mm x 69.22mm
- Connects Arduino Nano, DFPlayer, and GY-521(MPU6050) to create a homebrew soundboard
- Supports Neo-Pixel, Star LEDs and *string blades (* with 3 added MOSFETs)
- Resistors for battery level checking
- Dirt Cheap (even with the cost of the Arduino Nano, DFPlayer, and GY-521)
Source files have not been updated on Github yet, and wiring diagrams are currently in the works!
Hope you guys like the changes!