fiduciary

Author Topic: The Light - by Phoenix Props (Ben Solo EP8 Saber)  (Read 8569 times)

Offline dday

• Board Moderator
  • No Force
  • Um...Hello?
The Light - by Phoenix Props (Ben Solo EP8 Saber)
« on: March 08, 2018, 03:30:24 AM »

Phoenix Props "The Light"

The Light is there to battle the Darkness, eternally. There are times in this struggle when one can overpower the other, this moment is one of them!

I proudly announce the release of "The Light"

The piece was expertly designed by Gustavo Canales (Crossguard V1, V2) to perfectly replicate the saber seen in the most crucial scenes in EP8, where we see the creation of our newest iconic villain.

Professional 3D renders created by Dmitry Shtok.

Run details:

We are very very early in the production, and more details will emerge as they are available.

Some assembly will be required once you get the saber. A PDF document showing you how to do this will be made available as well as a listing of all of the tools/supplies you will need to do so.

The design is not final, there might be some changes as more details become available. The production timing is made so that we can integrate any new details after the release of the DVD/Blu Ray before going to final machining.

Currently in the prototyping phase, estimated completion at the end of this month.

Final Saber kit shipping in August.

Basic facts:
Full CNC machining from 6061 Aluminium.
Clear anodizing on the entire saber to protect and replicate the matte silver finish as seen on the screen.
The saber will come in a collectors edition box with foam inserts to protect the parts in transit
Edition nameplate for the saber

Price is 410 Euros, including all paypal transaction fees but not including taxes for shipments within the EU. EU based shipments will have 19% Germany VAT added on top.

100 Euros deposits are due once you sign up. A Paypal invoice will be sent to you within 24 horus after you sign up.

At the start of April when EP8 digital release is out, I will look for any further details on the saber and integrate these into the production version. Once the design is locked, the second 200Euros payment will be collected. Upon completion of the machining, final payments (110 Euros) plus shipping costs will be due.

Final shipment will be on of before August 1st.

As before we will be partnering with several other community members to provide chassis, installation, custom displays/name plates and other services as required.

Offline dday

• Board Moderator
  • No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: The Light - by Phoenix Props (Ben Solo EP8 Saber)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 11:24:26 PM »
If you signed up for 'The Light' and haven't gotten a deposit request, something is wrong. Please contact me.

I have quite a few folks who haven't paid their deposit after several reminders and I will be forced to remove you from the list if you do not pay the deposit.

Offline dday

• Board Moderator
  • No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 09:31:32 AM »

All payment requests sent to people on the run.

Still space on the run: Phoenix Props "The Light"

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
  • Listen Yaddle, I'm gonna need to borrow your car!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »
I'm in on this run. Based on the machining quality from dday's ppv2 run, very excited to receive the Light this summer:)

Offline dday

• Board Moderator
  • No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 03:01:20 AM »
I'm in on this run. Based on the machining quality from dday's ppv2 run, very excited to receive the Light this summer:)

We're very close now, and it will still be within summer! The sabers ran into a small shipping delay due to me finding unthreaded holes and endcaps that were much too tight. So I made them go back through each one and fix these. Now the sabers are currently in transit and I'm anticipating the final invoices going out next week once the shipment arrives.

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 08:14:41 PM »
Finally received Phoenix Prop's 'The Light' today... the hilt is simply amazing! The machining quality is top-notch, and the construction and the intricacy is even better than Kylo PPV2... Now, if there's ever PPV3, and kylo's hilt receives the same treatment as 'The Light', that would simply be spectacular  :azn:

Offline Seth Skywalker

• Padawan Learner
  • That lightsaber... is mine!
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 06:43:17 PM »
Finally received Phoenix Prop's 'The Light' today... the hilt is simply amazing! The machining quality is top-notch, and the construction and the intricacy is even better than Kylo PPV2... Now, if there's ever PPV3, and kylo's hilt receives the same treatment as 'The Light', that would simply be spectacular  :azn:
I'm a big fan of this hilt! I'd love to see some  pictures!

Offline Yaraell_Ren

• Force User
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 07:26:04 PM »
Definitely! I post some pictures when I have the time. I was thinking about also doing a weathered paint job, but it looks good as is tbh

Offline Kreyhn

• No Force
  • BZZSHZRRMMmmmmm...
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 08:31:06 AM »
Seconded! Post some pictures when you can!

retrousse