fiduciary

Author Topic: Sideshow Darth Vader – Lord of the Sith Premium Format™  (Read 3579 times)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
STAR WARS Darth Vader - Lord of the Sith Premium Format Statue
768 of 7500

Specs from the site
Ruthless and powerful, Darth Vader stands at the height of his power in the Sideshow Collectibles Darth Vader Lord of the Sith Premium Format Figure.

Inspired by one of the most climactic duels in cinematic history, Darth Vader descends the steps of a Death Star themed base. With his light-up crimson lightsaber at the ready, the commanding villain is prepared to engage in mortal combat and claim victory for the Galactic Empire. Every detail of the Sith Lord’s costume, from his iconic helmet to his sweeping black cape, have been faithfully recreated as seen on screen in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Product Specifications:
License: Star Wars

Product Type: Premium Format Figure

Product Size : 26.5" H (673.1mm) x 16" W (406.4mm) x 12" L (304.8mm)*

Artists: Zane Yarbrough (Design), Nathan Mansfield (Sculpt), James Lareau (Sculpt), Joe Menna (Sculpt), Alfred Paredes (Sculpt), Adam Smith (Mold and Cast), Chadwick Andersen (Mold and Cast), Michael Woodring (Mold and Cast), Anthony Mestas (Paint), Bernardo Esquivel (Paint), Greg Mowry of Geppetto Productions (Costume Fabrication) and The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles

This Statue is a Limited Edition Size of 7500 Pieces Produced Worldwide.

Notes
Very nice mixed media statue
Cloth cape and talbards.
Leather details
The belt LEDs light up and stay on green with a switch on the belt hidden in the back.
The square chest piece has a switch on the back and the red LEDs blink up and down.
There is a 3 AA battery compartment on the bottom or you can plug in an AC adapter in to the back. There is a switch at the base of the statue and it controls the saber and the base illumination.
They did get

Negatives :mad:
The Lightsaber is VERY fragile! Mine arrived broken out of the box and did not light up. It was OK to display. It took almost 3 months to get a replacement. It feels like glass. I'm not sure on the tech used. I think it's a florescent in a red glass tube.
I have a spare hilt now. I may try to use an LED or something with a red tinted plastic or acrylic tube to make a better more durable saber.
The head is entirely plastic. I would have preferred a reddish tint to the eye goggles.

PICS

Packaging

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
Re: Sideshow Darth Vader – Lord of the Sith Premium Format™
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:15:32 AM »
I have never seen this version of Vader in SC.  Very nice Jango, I'm jealous.

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 11:42:47 AM »
Been thinking about getting this for a while now. Things that put me off are the belt and chest needing separate batteries to power them. The whole thing could of been powered from the base.
The new blades on sideshow statues are cathode as they light up far better than the old miniature bulbs used in the past that always broke.

It does look great though.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline onigiri34

• Experienced Force User
  • Swoosh Swoosh that's the sound of the saber!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 06:55:46 PM »
The new Macquarie statue looks awesome.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »
pics fixed

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

retrousse