fiduciary

Author Topic: hidden force fx menu?  (Read 9186 times)

Offline nate96

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
hidden force fx menu?
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »
hello I'm new here,
so i was performing a occasional swing with my hasbro black series yoda lightsaber. but when i hitted the door with the tip,the saber powered off. first thing i do is turn the switch off and back on and the saber starts making a beeping sound  i power off and on again and suddenly the saber says: "sensitivity value medium". very supprised that my saber starts talking to me, i power off and on again, and again get a beeping/cracking sound, then i have sound but no light, and after some more switching.. the saber works perfect again.
so this got me asking if there might be some hidden menu in the force fx sabers? Can't find anything online about it, and i could keep smashing my saber into a wall until the same thing happens, but i prefer keeping my blade intact..

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
Re: hidden force fx menu?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:58:09 AM »
Very interesting you could have accessed the "settings"
Normally I would say it's a glitch or something but with the saber actually talking well that's a 1st for an mr

Thers bound to be some sort of set up on the original mr Sabers but I didn't think it would be accessible
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:37:05 AM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
    • Universal Saber Library
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 06:02:14 PM »
Whoa, really? I've never heard of such a thing. I hope somebody figures out that trick. It surprises me that Hasbro would offer sensitivity settings and then not try to sell it as a feature. Or maybe they contracted out soundboard development and they are ignorant that it even exists.

Offline Xiro

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 08:10:42 PM »
So this just happened to me and youre the only person I've seen that's found it too.  Did you ever figure out how to trigger it?

Offline mverta

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 10:22:25 AM »
Just posting to confirm this just happened to our Yoda saber as well.  A synthesized voice said something like, "...sensitivity medium" and then was making constant beeping noises which changed as the saber moved - they raised in pitch as the angle of the saber changed.

There is obviously a hidden menu or calibration control within the electronics, and I think the beeps are feedback to gauge the motion of the sensor.  Either way, I have no idea how we triggered it, and haven't been able to do so again.  Just before it happened, the saber was turning off randomly by itself despite fresh batteries.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 06:30:06 PM »
Still nobody knows how to make this happen. To think these things have features that aren't even being documented or marketed!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 06:09:47 AM »
I don't find it surprising that there is a secret menu, or way to change settings, but the fact that it has vocal prompts is pretty interesting.  Was it like a text to speech thing or a vocal prompt?

You'd be surprised how many things you can adjust or program if you know how to access it.

Offline Obi_1

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • Creator of DIYino - first open source FX-board
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2017, 03:58:12 AM »
It's not uncommon for large equipment manufacturers to build a high-end system, but simply disable features the customer does not need or not willing to pay for.

But I'm really surprised to hear this from a Hasbro saber. At least the FX series hilts (metal ones) are quite robust and good quality stuff, I always wondered how come HASBRO ships them with such a crappy electronics. But even if the boards have hidden features - which might well be - how come they did not activate them to boost sales?

As to a sensitivity setting, since Hasbro boards do not have an accelero-gyro meter but mechanical position and clash detectors, I guess this is not a swing or clash sensitivity setting.

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:02 PM »
It's not uncommon for large equipment manufacturers to build a high-end system, but simply disable features the customer does not need or not willing to pay for.

Somewhat off topic, but I want to back that up by pointing out that video game software has been doing that for years. All of the game content is often on the disk, but you can't access all of it unless you pay to unlock them.

Back on topic: The fact that several people have reported this but nobody can repeat it vexes me. I wonder if Hasbro or MR would reply if asked directly. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they outsourced the development of the sound board.

Offline Yoda_left

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 06:58:21 PM »
My luke rotj black series force fx lightsaber kept randomly switching off then started beeping weirdly and saying something like high sensitivity. I think it's similar to the other problems. I hope this didn't break anything with the wiring and stuff.

Offline IneptAphid

• No Force
  • Hello there!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2018, 05:36:53 AM »
I really am surprised that nobody has figured out how to access this after so many years of people modifying and tinkering. 

On a related note, i just did my first FX conversion and now my motion sensor is WAY more sensitive than it previously was. Dont know if i changed something, or if it had just gotten jammed previously, but now i love it :D

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 11:19:40 AM »
I really am surprised that nobody has figured out how to access this after so many years of people modifying and tinkering. 

On a related note, i just did my first FX conversion and now my motion sensor is WAY more sensitive than it previously was. Dont know if i changed something, or if it had just gotten jammed previously, but now i love it :D

Depending on how you did your conversion, moving the board/sensors to another part of the hilt can affect motion responsiveness.

Offline Nihilistic_1

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 08:22:51 PM »
hello I'm new here,
so i was performing a occasional swing with my hasbro black series yoda lightsaber. but when i hitted the door with the tip,the saber powered off. first thing i do is turn the switch off and back on and the saber starts making a beeping sound  i power off and on again and suddenly the saber says: "sensitivity value medium". very supprised that my saber starts talking to me, i power off and on again, and again get a beeping/cracking sound, then i have sound but no light, and after some more switching.. the saber works perfect again.
so this got me asking if there might be some hidden menu in the force fx sabers? Can't find anything online about it, and i could keep smashing my saber into a wall until the same thing happens, but i prefer keeping my blade intact..

Offline Nihilistic_1

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re. Hidden force fx menu
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »
Ok so ive had all the mr amd Hasbro sabers since retail. i get home from work and pick my Vader mr esb saber turn it on and it says SENSITIVITY HIGH
And proceeds to not work. After all this time ive nvr seen this or hesrd of this. So I came here and registered just to talk about this

Offline JakeSoft

• Experienced Force User
  • The Arduino Jedi
Re: Re. Hidden force fx menu
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 06:03:39 PM »
Ok so ive had all the mr amd Hasbro sabers since retail. i get home from work and pick my Vader mr esb saber turn it on and it says SENSITIVITY HIGH
And proceeds to not work. After all this time ive nvr seen this or hesrd of this. So I came here and registered just to talk about this

AFIK, nobody has found any answers on this yet.

retrousse