fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ROTJ V1 and V2 scenes  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Scottm2815

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
Luke ROTJ V1 and V2 scenes
« on: February 12, 2016, 04:24:06 AM »
Anyone know why the V1 hero prop was not used in the Emperors throne room scenes where Palpatine is only handling the lightsaber? Seems it would have made more sense to use the hero here as it was unlikely to have got damaged. Personally I like both hilts equally but it intrigues me that the one your supposed to believe is the proper saber (the V1) was used so little, was the V1 just used in one scene discounting the deleted scene?
Granted most fans/ viewers wouldn't even noticed and I didn't even notice until I got into the saber scene properly.

Offline solaren

• Padawan Learner
Re: Luke ROTJ V1 and V2 scenes
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 08:11:16 AM »
I may be wrong, but I think the V1/Hero prop was made after principal filming was complete and used for the one scene where Vader inspects the saber that was filmed later (and the deleted scene).  It became the cannon saber through marketing after that since it was built to look a lot nicer for its one close up.

Offline Scottm2815

• Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 12:09:55 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think the V1/Hero prop was made after principal filming was complete and used for the one scene where Vader inspects the saber that was filmed later (and the deleted scene).  It became the cannon saber through marketing after that since it was built to look a lot nicer for its one close up.

Ahh ok, that makes sense, I was actually watching the celebration unveil of the V2 prop and I think they mentioned there that the V1 was made after principle filming. I love the V2, such an awesome looking saber!

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »
The V2, V3 and Yuma stunts were all used for any fighting scenes. The Hero was only for close up shots.

The V2 and V3 are also called the "Luke/Obi Shared Stunt Sabers" because they are both the stunts from ANH that were repainted for ROTJ's scenes.

Offline ken

• Force User
  • in my experience there is no such thing as luck
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »
V2 is probably what they had on them at the time of filming i personally love the v2 that going to be my next build
http://

retrousse