fiduciary

Author Topic: Rebels: Lightsabers  (Read 19802 times)

Offline Justsomeguy

• Padawan Learner
  • I have a real lightsaber... I dont have any limbs
Re: Rebels: Lightsabers
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 08:29:19 AM »
I really like the sound that Ezra's saber makes when igniting.  Is it a 747 taking off?

Offline methos2523

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 04:23:40 AM »
I actually like Ezra's saber...

*dives into cover and waves a white flag*

ok, hear me out before jumping on me... lightsabers are very personal things, they're designed by the Jedi using them... which is normally after years of youngling training and seeing Sabers being used around and knowing what's expected of them.

Ezra doesn't have any of that... for him, survival is the most important thing in his life... ranged combat and the utility to stun an opponent from a distance is something he'd value over getting into a Saber duel with an opponent who is bigger, stronger and better trained than he is... above all else, he's a survivalist.

So putting that into context, when designing his lightsaber, I can actually understand why he designed and built this monstrosity.

Yes, it's fugly as sin... and yes, no other self respecting trained Jedi would ever come up with something as inelegant or clunky as it... but for Ezra, for his life and his creation, it fits perfectly.

And at the end of the day, if Sabers are supposed to reflect their creators and be an extension of the wielder, then yes, I can say that I think Ezra's is a superb design for the character.

Onto the others...

Kanan's saber... god yes... I have the Force Relics version hanging from my belt as we talk lol

Ahsoka's new sabers... *drools heavily* so much want!!!

Inquisitor 1 saber... not bad, an odd design choice. I can understand the appeal of it, but it's not one I massively like.

Inquisitor 2 saber... definite improvement over Inquisitor 1... love the centre grip, the the rotating spike hilt really caught my eye... can't wait to see it in action :D

Offline waystone

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2016, 01:57:37 PM »
Anyone catch the folding saber pike for the new temple guard. Would love a MHS part to get that fold right.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 03:26:26 AM »
There were some interesting sabers on the wall too...mostly clan designs we've seen before but also a couple of new ones.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Luar Selbor

• No Force
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 05:00:50 PM »
Everything is personal preference after all.
Myself? I don't like most of the prequel sabers. The clan sabers are the worst offenders IMHO, to me they look like something fresh off a lathe, just tapped for thumb screws. Ep II-III Mace, Dooku, Anakin mkI (but this is kinda a MPP with silver shroud), and Yoda's are the best from PT. The OT sabers (and Yoda's) have an instinctual presence that tells you that they do something, because they were made from found parts that did actually do something.
I am getting that vibe on Kanan's and Ezra's.
I agree for the most part. That found in the trash or reperposed look is more appealing. At the same time a good weathering can do some good for some of those prequel hilts. I think the OT sabers have that used look and have intricate details (ie. Multiple materials, colors, and various diameters) that make them more real. The blade effects have a lot to do with that for me as well. More organic and energy light.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 05:22:57 PM »
Well, since Ezra's saber was destroyed in the most recent episode it looks like there will be a new design in the works. Curious to see what that will be like. Even though I did not like the new saber in Ep 7, now shown in Rebels as well, and indeed Ezra's saber, as well as the Inquisitors circular models (Kanan's was excellent) I have, never the less, enjoyed the introduction of the new designs. Just because the designs were not my personal taste, they still widen the parameters of what a saber can be, and that is wonderful!   

Offline Luar Selbor

• No Force
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 08:40:04 PM »
Although I'm not a hundred percent for it I do foresee Ezera having a similar cross guard Sabre in the next season. I think Ezra and maybe even Kane and character is going to play a big part in the new trilogy. The main thing I do enjoy is hearing how different is a broken sound but yet still have the sound of a lightsaber. Excited to see what variations of sound we're going to hear and see.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 09:14:05 PM by Luar Selbor »

Offline timtil18

• Padawan Learner
  • "I've got a bad feeling about this..."
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
I love the Inquisitor sabers and wish someone would create a duel-capable metal variant.
"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods?"

Offline Malachor V

• Padawan Learner
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 10:25:33 AM »
Kanan’s saber is awesome

retrousse