fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke ROTJ Control Box - Which one is correct?  (Read 4440 times)

Offline Andymac84

• Force User
Luke ROTJ Control Box - Which one is correct?
« on: June 01, 2013, 04:56:52 AM »
Or where does these designs coming from? Where are they depicted?
Rylo's version:
Parts of SW pic:

Or are there any other versions?
I'm asking because I want to do one board for myself... So which one is the one to go with?
The beginning and end of the quest are defined moments. Between these two points lies a world of strange adventure, wonder and mystery....

Offline Bruce Wayne

• Formerly known as Shadow Walker
  • Experienced Force User
  • I am vengeance. I am the night.
Re: Luke ROTJ Control Box - Which one is correct?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:21:08 AM »
I think that the one on the eFX version is the correct version:

I hope this helps.  :)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 08:44:35 AM »
eFX was criticized for getting the circuitry wrong.  I'm not sure what the differences are. 
I just know that there was some discussion about this on rebelscum and RPF, and the accuracy-Purists were not impressed. 

(I haven;t even taken this saber out of the box yet, to see for myself. I bought it right before I moved house and it's still packed in boxes in the basement somewhere under a pile of assorted crap) :\
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline madcow

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
    • Genesis Custom Sabers
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:17:37 AM »
eFX was criticized for getting the circuitry wrong.  I'm not sure what the differences are. 
I just know that there was some discussion about this on rebelscum and RPF, and the accuracy-Purists were not impressed. 

(I haven;t even taken this saber out of the box yet, to see for myself. I bought it right before I moved house and it's still packed in boxes in the basement somewhere under a pile of assorted crap) :\

Hey Wedge,
I didn't know you moved. Still in the Edmonton area? I hope to see you at the Comic Expo in Sept.

*and now back to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

Anyone got a capture from the Bluray scene in the cave? It might narrow it down.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 09:54:00 AM »
AFAIK, you can't see any detail of the circuitry in that blu-ray scene cuz it's so dark. I could be wrong, though.

However, I think that parts of SW would be the one to go by, but again lack of detail makes it difficult.

There were so many Luke sabers made, ANY one of those could be considered "accurate" IMO, and since no circuit board appears to have gotten any actual screen time, who will ever know, right?

Offline Andymac84

• Force User
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
right...
Thanks for the answers. Here is something I got over at the rpf. It was also very helpful to me:
http://www.originalprop.com/blog/2009/07/24/revisting-the-elstree-props-return-of-the-jedi-star-wars-lightsabers-the-50000-question-original-or-replica/
The beginning and end of the quest are defined moments. Between these two points lies a world of strange adventure, wonder and mystery....

retrousse