fiduciary

Author Topic: What is the minimum age to watch Star Wars?  (Read 15437 times)

Offline Jagged Fel

• Experienced Force User
  • "I know lesson one.Don't grab the glowy end."
Re: What is the minimum age to watch Star Wars?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 06:09:23 PM »
How did i miss this,anyway,i was 6 when episode 4 came out and my Dad took me to see it in the theater.Star Wars has been a part of my life ever since,as best as i can explain it is some things in life come and go but Star Wars has always been there for me,it never gets old or stops bringing a smile to my face.I started my daughter on episode 4 when she was 5,it then quickly became a movie that got watched over and over.She is now 12 and the cool thing is that she knows more about Star Wars than any of the kids in her class,it seems most of the kids know more about the clone wars animated series than the movies.Now my wife and i are expecting twin girls very soon,so much more fun to be had,can't wait :)
Sabers so far:

Luke V2,US 2.5 with crystal chamber(by ALuke123)
MR Vader ESB
MR Luke ESB
MR Luke ROTJ
MR Obi-Wan ROTS
Leia(work in progress)

Offline RoHan Solo

• Force User
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »
Now my wife and i are expecting twin girls very soon,so much more fun to be had,can't wait :)

Congratulations! ;D Twins are awesome. Super exhausting, but rewarding in a way I can't describe. Be prepared for a difficult first couple of years, but after that having twins is such an incredible experience. Sometimes I even feel sorry for people who have their kids one at a time, ha ha.  ;)

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 08:52:26 PM »
Just saw this and really wanted to jump in on it.
I took my son to see his first movie in the theater and it was Star Wars AOTC......he was 4 months!
We were kind of worried that he would cry or that it would be too loud. We were very surprised!
He was all into that movie!!!! So much that he had a bottle and he bent the bottle down out of his view
so that he could still drink it and watch the movie.
Next, my daughter was born. We took her to see ROTS when she was 7 months. Same reaction! She loved it. She kept refusing the bottle. 

Hey Amptrooper, love the bit about your boy bending the bottle out of the way, and your daughter not even drinking! ha ha.
 Judging by your childrens development, they seem to me to be those that will lead the new generation into the next dimension of fantasy and wonder, through what ever discipline they decides to focus on.

I would let my child (if I had one) watch whenever they wanted, ANH. I was 12 when I saw it in '77. The newer ones, especially  Revenge, is a little darker, and The Clone Wars sometimes even freak ME out!

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
I saw Empire when I was 3 with my super-strict adoptive parents. So 3 is good... except for Sith. Its a bit dark and depressing so I'd hold off on it till the kid is like 7 or 8.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Darth Maledictus

• No Force
  • Saber Staves rule
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »
I started watching star wars at three years old. I remember back then that was the only thing my parents could ever take away from me if I had done something bad.

retrousse