fiduciary

Author Topic: What's your favorite OT lightsaber hilt?  (Read 27837 times)

Offline PRINCESS LEIA

• Her Worshipfulness
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Well,Somebody has to save our skins!!
Re: What's your favorite OT lightsaber hilt?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2009, 09:25:41 PM »
I love the Luke ROTJ It's green blade especially. :) Green has been my favorite color.I do own a Luke/Anakin Graflex prop.I had it way before MR,or Icons ever existed.My uncle brought it from Calif.in 1986 during the "Dark timess " of Star Wars fandom

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent-now get outta here
I'm out of it a little while and everyone has delusions of granduer

Offline Spanky Oleary

• Padawan Learner
    • Hardcore Christian Gamer
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 06:56:59 PM »
Luke Skywalker ESB is my favorite. I don't really like the looks of the Obi-Wan and Luke ROTJ. But I do really like Darths. But I think Lukes sabers in ANH and ESB were the best in the OT.
Converted by Ultra Sabers
Converted by Jango Fett

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.  Mathew 7:13-14

Offline Adegan4Antonio

• Force User
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2010, 11:24:04 PM »
My favorite lightsaber is Luke's ROTJ V2, I love the green saber color...and my birthstone is an emerald, I love green:)  My second favorite is Luke's ESB saber, it is almost a draw, I love them both.  It's hard not to love any lightsaber ;D

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 02:20:16 AM »
Lately I've been getting more and more interested in the Luke ROTJ as I've been learning from the Masters here more about the different Luke ROTJ versions than I ever knew before...it also is the most comfortable in actual use.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2010, 07:50:35 AM »
I went for Luke: ROTJ, but ideally......I thought this would have been cool without the control box. It would get in the way of spinning and doing anything fancy.

Offline gchu149

• Master Force User
  • Now we are cosmic friends forever, ok?
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2010, 03:18:31 PM »
Luke V2. I liked the graflex model at first, but because the hasbro toys NEVER came out with an anakin/luke saber until 2005, I was stuck with that green Luke lightsaber. I learned to love it, and now it's my favorite. (even better than all those custom and prequel sabers to me.)
de CF
Click the link to view my collection at the very bottom of the page:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=20080.msg330140#msg330140

Offline Darth Inferis

• Master Force User
  • UK sabersmith
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
I had to go for the Vader ANH. I just have a thing for the MPP emitter shrouds. Not so much with the remodeled ROTJ version though. Plus Vader is the only saber wielding sith in the OT.  :)
Beware the Mark of the Gungan! :o

Offline Jamanticus

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 12:17:25 AM »
I went for Luke: ROTJ, but ideally......I thought this would have been cool without the control box. It would get in the way of spinning and doing anything fancy.

Funny you should mention a Luke RotJ without control box, because that's exactly what my unfinished one is right now, and at this stage of completion I thought to myself, "You know, this saber would've been so much easier for Luke to duel with if he didn't have that control box on there..."  :P

That said, I vote for the Luke RotJ as my favorite OT lightsaber, as it was the first lightsaber I ever held (in toy form, at least) and started my lightsaber collecting passion.  I'm amazed at how things like that stick with you...

That said, my favorite OT saber from a design point is Obi-Wan's lightsaber.  Just the amazing amount of items that went into it, and the variety...  Sink knob, machine gun booster, camera flash clamp, calculator bubbles, transistors, rifle grenade, balance pipe from the flame tube of a jet engine...  I mean, it takes some serious ingenuity to take so many disparate parts like those and put them together into a really great lightsaber. 

Still, my absolute favorite is Luke's RotJ  (the V1, but the version with uneven grips.  No idealized MR replica for me!);D

Offline SkyePort91

• No Force
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »
I have to go with Vader ESB, OT and PT. The weapon of the greatest sith lord and seeing him slowly ignite that blade on cloud city is pure awsome! 8)

Offline OakenMonk

• Force User
    • Blagit.org - All about me
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »
 Vader ROTJ without a doubt.
I think it looks really sleek, especially compared to his previous ones.
I found the sabers in the original trilogy to be a bit chunky, but I really like this one.
I only wish I had one  :P
Hasbro 2008 Obi Wan TPM

Offline Jagged Fel

• Experienced Force User
  • "I know lesson one.Don't grab the glowy end."
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2010, 02:17:27 AM »
Luke's ROTJ V2 is my favorite hilt of the OT followed closely by Luke's ESB hilt.
Sabers so far:

Luke V2,US 2.5 with crystal chamber(by ALuke123)
MR Vader ESB
MR Luke ESB
MR Luke ROTJ
MR Obi-Wan ROTS
Leia(work in progress)

Offline Doberman

• No Force
    • Grichels - A Wrinkle in Reality
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2010, 05:42:28 PM »
Any of you voting for anything other than Luke ANH (with ESB a close second) must be high.  :)

Obi-wan said it himself, "An elegant weapon ... "   Ain't none of 'em more elegant than Luke's original hilt.

Doug "Doberman" Hillman

If you can't be a good example, at least be a horrible reminder.

Offline Vincent

• Experienced Force User
  • Unorthodox swordsman
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 03:12:02 AM »
I choose Obi-Wan's hilt, simply because he is and has always been my favourite character.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
Well it looks like the Luke ROTJ is 'winning' by a 2:1 margin so I guess we shpuldn't be surprised since it even has its own 'daughter' forum here.

Yeah it is sleeker without a control box and considering Luke later built a saber with an internal Force-activated switch its kinda surprising imo that he didn't later retrofit his ROTJ saber with one too and thus remove that cumbersome control box entirely sometime in the NJO era eh?
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline jc1350

• No Force
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 05:32:14 AM »
I know it's an old thread, but I want to throw in my opinion.  I have 2 favorites:

For appearance:  Luke's ANH (too many protrusions to be comfortable to hold)
For wielding:  Luke's RotJ - beats out Obi-Wan's mainly because of the blade color otherwise a tie

retrousse