fiduciary

Author Topic: eFX Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber  (Read 25853 times)

Offline Padawan ahsoka tano

• No Force
  • 'Yes master'
Re: eFX Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
Oh, thanks much!!! i am  really greatfull someone help me thank you.

but one laaast question, Will the ahsoka lightsabers be limited time only? and another sorry

If i was to buy the efx  saber would i be able to make it into an fx saber that i can swing around a have fun ect...?
Padawan Ahsoka Tano. :)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 11:24:53 AM »
I would personally recommend the Nocturne Armory Ahsoka hilt, which will accept a standard 1" diameter blade and will therefore be better for dueling.  I actually commissioned one from them myself recently and will be getting it soon.  The hilt will run you $250 plus shipping.  Once you get it, follow the same instructions Jango provided regarding a light and sound conversion.

Edit: There's no reason to buy the eFX version and attempt to have it converted.  It will most likely be extremely costly for one thing.  The other thing is that one is meant to be for display only.  The Nocturne Armory version is identical to the eFX in size and scale and, more importantly, is hollow and therefore electronic-ready.  

Offline Padawan ahsoka tano

• No Force
  • 'Yes master'
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:21 AM »
Thanks. but is there a regular FX Ahsoka lightsaber?  i really need this lightsaber pweasee show me the website or pm it to me because i gotta go to my 5 perioud class :P. thank you
Padawan Ahsoka Tano. :)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 11:41:43 AM »
No

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2013, 09:54:30 AM »
Sorry to bump an old thread, it retailed for $350, there are only roughly 600 of them, I've been offered a new one, but I'm not sure if it's a good price, it's roughly $625 before shipping and import tax (which will cost me roughly another 25% in the UK), is that reasonable?

(I had a tax rebate today and I'm about to buy a Kenobi Elite and Qui-Gon Limited although the guy is overcharging for the Qui-Gon roughly $280 before shipping and customs he is just under on the Obi-Wan roughly $725, and I can just about afford the Ahsoka with them.)

Offline Paul Lanski

• Master Force User
  • facebook.com/adrigraphics
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 10:03:12 AM »
There is a guy here on the forum who sells one.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=39869.0

« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:55:26 AM by Paul Lanski »

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 10:19:50 AM »
I would personally recommend the Nocturne Armory Ahsoka hilt, which will accept a standard 1" diameter blade and will therefore be better for dueling.  I actually commissioned one from them myself recently and will be getting it soon.  The hilt will run you $250 plus shipping.  Once you get it, follow the same instructions Jango provided regarding a light and sound conversion.

Edit: There's no reason to buy the eFX version and attempt to have it converted.  It will most likely be extremely costly for one thing.  The other thing is that one is meant to be for display only.  The Nocturne Armory version is identical to the eFX in size and scale and, more importantly, is hollow and therefore electronic-ready. 

Yeah I know it's meant for Display, that's why I want it, and then when I get a job after University I plan on buying custom versions that I can put blades in :)
I just want to know if it's a decent price or if I'm being ripped off, most of the people that have them are outside of Europe so it looks like I'm going to have to pay tax and customs either way. I've had 3 offers for the Qui-Gon and 2 for the Ahsoka all have been from out of europe, kind of makes me sad when I Saw a Qui-Gon go for £100 on ebay last month and I wasn't intrested in getting a display piece :( How dumb I was!

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 11:22:24 AM »
I got the qui-gon LE new in a sealed box from Starworld on Ebay.   they still have lots left, brand new, sealed boxes.   they are charging $320 for these right now.   
this is still well below the original retail price of $369.   anytime you can get brand new factory sealed collectibles for less-than retail, then this is always a good deal.

(and there is something special about opening the sealed box and getting the "full experience", so to speak  ---
for me, personally, I like knowing that the item is in "perfect" condition, handled only by me --- I like to buy these things "new" not "used". if you take my meaning. ;)
for my money it would be worth spending the extra $50 for a "new" item -- but that's just me).

Also, because they are a large retailer, the customs process was streamlined.   When you buy collectibles from a private collector then they will scrutinize the shipment more closely -- it's more likely that a private citizen would try to cheat the system.   but, coming from an authorized MR retailer,  the customs-office didn't even open the box on this one (shipping from the US to canada) -- the paperwork was processed in record time.  ((I've had items sit in customs for MONTHS because the sender misreported the market value -- this won't happen when you buy from a major retailer, they will trust the retailer and move on)). 

"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline oXdanXo

• No Force
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »
I got the qui-gon LE new in a sealed box from Starworld on Ebay.   they still have lots left, brand new, sealed boxes.   they are charging $320 for these right now.   
this is still well below the original retail price of $369.   anytime you can get brand new factory sealed collectibles for less-than retail, then this is always a good deal.

(and there is something special about opening the sealed box and getting the "full experience", so to speak  ---
for me, personally, I like knowing that the item is in "perfect" condition, handled only by me --- I like to buy these things "new" not "used". if you take my meaning. ;)
for my money it would be worth spending the extra $50 for a "new" item -- but that's just me).

Also, because they are a large retailer, the customs process was streamlined.   When you buy collectibles from a private collector then they will scrutinize the shipment more closely -- it's more likely that a private citizen would try to cheat the system.   but, coming from an authorized MR retailer,  the customs-office didn't even open the box on this one (shipping from the US to canada) -- the paperwork was processed in record time.  ((I've had items sit in customs for MONTHS because the sender misreported the market value -- this won't happen when you buy from a major retailer, they will trust the retailer and move on)).
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm like you, I prefer new stuff, but I can't find the Ahsoka or the Obi new, the Obi seems really expensive used, unless you geet a good deal as well. The only Ahsoka I can find new is from Hong Kong and costs a lot.

retrousse