fiduciary

Author Topic: I've Gone and Done It Again.....  (Read 1562 times)

Offline JediHeadIII

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
I've Gone and Done It Again.....
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:24:03 PM »
Ok, so the Dark Side finally came over me and I picked up the Obi Wan EE on Ebay for under 5 bills....(credit card will never be paid off!!.)  I got it today, factory sealed number 711/1250.  Very nice saber, but sadly it's one of the ones with a little glue around the pommel where the little silver boxy things with holes are.  I've carefully removed some with a small X-Acto Blade but there is still some residue.  Anybody know of any methods to clean it up??  Some form of fairly light cleaning solution and a q-tip maybe..I am hoping you guys know of something, as I don't want to mess up the finish of the black parts.  Any help greatly appreciated! 

Now...only one EE to go...the mother of all of them..Luke ROTJ!!!   ::)

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
Re: I've Gone and Done It Again.....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:47:43 PM »
Congratulations on your EE.  I have not yet begun to collect the LEs or EEs.  I am looking at a Vader Episode V LE right now, which is sitting around $250. I'm trying to figure out if this is a good price or not.

Offline JediHeadIII

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 08:55:38 PM »
I've been in the after-market LE game for a while now, and in my opinion a Vader V LE  is a GREAT deal for anywhere under $300,  (if it is mint of course).  I've got the Ep V FX and that's good enough for me, as I have the Vader ROTJ LE now.

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 02:53:28 AM »
The Obi Elite was the beginning of my prop debt.  It was the temptation of getting this that made me get paypal credit, and that has been maxed out ever since then. ;D   Maybe a little bit of Goo Gone adhesive remover would help.  I don't think it would hurt the saber.
Hey Lord Vader, I think that is a great price for the Vader ESB.  They have been in the $200-$300 range for a long time.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

retrousse