fiduciary

Recent Posts

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Padawans Training Room - Introduce yourself / Hi to all
« Last post by Minutious on February 05, 2024, 11:58:02 PM »
Hello and greetings to everybody!  Sending my good tidings from Little Rock,AR.  I recently have been collecting Lightsabers and my research eventually brought me here.  Looking forward to interacting with you all, cheers!
Lightsabers / Re: WTS Orbital Machining/Acerocket Obi1 TPM brand new hilt
« Last post by Wolfgeorge on January 29, 2024, 08:46:13 AM »
Bump

Price drop to 1200€
Lightsabers / Re: FS: (big price drop) KR Scavenger Goth Metal Master Chasis
« Last post by mountainjedi on January 28, 2024, 07:12:21 PM »
Bump - price drop to only $1900 all in for this beautiful piece!
Lightsabers / Re: Orbital Machining Obi Wan TPM #35 from Run 1 FOR SALE
« Last post by JANGO FETT on January 26, 2024, 03:41:48 AM »
BUMPERS
Lightsabers / Re: WTS Orbital Machining/Acerocket Obi1 TPM brand new hilt
« Last post by jedicri on January 26, 2024, 01:37:54 AM »
Wow, I didn't think I'd see another OM Obi TPM go for sale....
SABER SOUND DISCUSSION / Re: The Sound Font Archive
« Last post by Agentefucron on January 25, 2024, 09:28:33 AM »
 :azn:
Open Source Sound Cards / Validate my Crystal Focus X wiring diagram
« Last post by BrianCrutzen on January 15, 2024, 02:07:14 AM »
Hello all, I built my first saber 8 years ago and recently got interested into building another one since I found out about all the new features that are available. I am planning to use a kr-sabers knight AS3 hilt with crystal focus X and custom 3d printed chassis. Would be great if you guys can validate my wiring diagram so I can confirm all the parts I need to order. I added a bluetooth module and Oled screen and a crystal chamber with two rgb accent led's. I would also like to use blade detection, I think with only one tangible it should be wired correctly in the diagram. Thanks in advance.

Plecter Labs / Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Last post by TechoMancer on January 11, 2024, 03:28:07 PM »

1) You bridge L1 L2 L3 and splice your negs to the ledstrip (emitter side) PCB respecting gauge. You keep L4 for your motor indeed

2) the 15 mA of the accent pads aren't sufficient to drive you motor, it's not about the voltage, but current.

Awesome.

Thanks Erv, as always, for your quick responses.
« Last post by erv on January 11, 2024, 10:49:33 AM »

1) You bridge L1 L2 L3 and splice your negs to the ledstrip (emitter side) PCB respecting gauge. You keep L4 for your motor indeed

2) the 15 mA of the accent pads aren't sufficient to drive you motor, it's not about the voltage, but current.
« Last post by TechoMancer on January 11, 2024, 09:45:46 AM »
So I'm considering adding a feedback motor to my next build, but I have a couple of questions:

1. The latest manual suggest connecting the motor to L4.  The diagram on page 137 shows bridging L1 and L2, then L3 and L4, for a pixel blade. The manual mentions "Strip power usually deals well with 3 drivers when properly bridged together", but I don't understand how the connection would look.  Do I bridge L1 L2 L3 and connect both blade negative leads to L3 or....?

2. The manual also mentions an accent LED pad can be used but that "wiring a power extender to an accent pad with PWM capability" will be necessary.  My question is, if the motor is only 1.5v-2v and the pads output 3v (if I understand the manual correctly), why is a power extender necessary?  I'm probably not understanding the instructions.  Couldn't you just connect the motor to the accent pad with a resistor?

Sorry for the uninformed questions. I don't dabble that deep into electronics.
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
retrousse