fiduciary

Author Topic: Now that I have seen and used all the Fx sabers I have to say the best saber is.  (Read 12425 times)

Offline TV

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
thanks for the tips - back goes the ANH and I'll wait out for the ESB. You sold me on the DEEPER RUMBLE.

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
Yea the Vader ANH looks ok but performes kind of crappy
{[][][][]--{}================

(((FORMALLY MR.GRIFFIN)))

Offline Deathbylightsaber

• No Force
  • I want a Qui-Gon lightsaber! NOW!
I own both generation III sabers and I think that the Vader is superior to the Anakin in just about every way. The only category I would give the Anakin is the clash effects, simply because the Anakin offers more.

Offline Bigdog01

• Jedi Master/VIP
  • Master Force User
    • FX-Sabers.com
Hey, I want a Vader ANH! Send it to me if you really don't want it! I will make sure it gets a good home, and is well taken care of.

Seriously! If anyone has one, let me know!

Master Replicas Collection
2004 Luke ESB Force FX (2x)
2005 Vader ESB Force FX (3x)
2005 Anakin ROTS Force FX (x3)
2005 Luke ROTJ Force FX  (2x)
2005 Mace ROTS Force FX
2006 Darth Maul FX (x2)
(= ;=__((===============

Offline RotaryFiend

• No Force
  • What Up?
Here is my ranking of the 3 Sabers I own...

I am going to break it down though.  All critiques based upon fresh Duracell Ultras in the the Hilt.  I am writing this based upon feedback from myself, my buddy and some girl who as over my place checking things out.

Blade

* - note that there is a lot of personal preference in determining which is the best.  I am going off of WOW factor...regardless of my favorite color, etc in trying to eliminate that subjectivity.  Keep in mind that ALL of these are impressive and cool...just trying to help those that cannot find or purchase all of them.

1) Hands down Anakin ROTS looks the most stunning...bright as xxx.

2) Mace Windu AOTC - believe it or not...mine looks fantastic.  The lavender is pale and mysterious.

3)  Vader ESB - Bright and solid red, but nothing to write home to momma jedi about.  the slower power up and down effect is a nice touch though.

Feel

For this one, passed them around and everybody waved the pieces around a bit...smacked 'em against each other a bit...and then provided thoughts.

1)  Mace Windu - The MOST BALANCED saber.  Spins/Twirls = No Problem.  Close to 50/50 weight distribution at the "tang".  Very comfortable grip...natural feeling - easy 2-handed use....substantial....heavy....the rubber is of a softer, more quality feel than the 3rd Gen's.

2)  Anakin ROTS  - 3rd Gen pieces are lighter.  Much lighter than Mace.  Has more of a toy feel than the Mace AOTC (and I would assume the other 2nd Gen models).  Not too bad of a feel here...grip points on the blade are decent.   Rubber grip fins on the base has a cheaper feel than does the Mace Windu model...

3) Vader ESB - Gripping is weird on this one. ..not as natural as the other two.  The top grip position is a little awkward with the positioning of the power switch and accents.  The lower grip is a little too fat due to the rubber fins...which feel rigid/waxy compared to the soft grippy feel of the Mace.

Sound

1)  Anakin ROTS - Loud sounds and multiple crashes make this one the best.  Also, as with other reports...this one is dead on with the sensitivity and motion detection pieces.. No lag with the sounds...you wave the thing...and it sounds like it should.

2)  Vader ESB - Sound "tracking" a little off compared to Anakin.  The sensors don't seem as sensitive...after 10 minutes with the Vader ESB it is easy to compensate for....the single crash sound is a bit of a bummer, but...it does add to the creepiness...that is why it is number two.

3)  Mace Windu - Good tracking of sound (not as good as Anakin's) but the sample sounds seem muddled.  If MR could somehow tweak the high end EQ, it would seem louder.  The idle hum of the MACE is the best...a growl of a sound....but just too darn overshadowed volume-wise.

There you have it, in my humble opinion.  Any Questions?  Want to know more?  Lemme know....

-RotaryFiend
[=]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[=]
                                              Is that all you've got?
[=]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[=]

Offline UberJediVK

• formerly known as UberJediVK
  • Master Force User
  • Nice..
excellent review of the overall's...  :)

anyone else notice how the Anakin is almost ALWAYS ranked first?  ;)
"What's in there?"

"...Only what you take with you..."

FX Collection:
Anakin ROTS
Vader ESB

Offline saberlover

• Padawan Learner
  • "He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him!"
I havent written my official review yet...
but ...
I just recieved my Luke ESB yesterday, and now I have in my poscession:

Vader ANH
Luke ESB
Mace
Vader ESB
Anakin ROTS

Out of these sabers the 6 battery sabers are definately brighter than the 3 battery sabers..
I will take pics..
The Luke ESB is insanely bright.. Definately brighter than the Anakin.
And the Vader ANH is marginally brighter than the Vader ESB. (The Vader ESB is a little more orange while the Vader ANH is a little more red/pinkish.)

To be fair, the Anakin's batteries were not quite as fresh as the Luke ESB... But the batteries in the Anakin were only a few weeks old..
The batteries in the Vader ANH were much older than the Vader ESB, yet the Vader ANH was still brighter.. (I use Duracell in everything)

I will eventually post a full review up with pics! I'm going to make sure all the batterys are BRAND NEW, to make the comparison equal, ;D (and I will have a Anakin AOTC on loan for the review as well)

I gotta tell you though, coming from someone who has ALL of the LED sabers made thus far..
The Luke ESB is far and away, my favorite of the bunch. The sound is not as good as the Anakin, and the hilt is a little oversized, but the detail on the hilt is insane! There is so much Metal!  Its almost up to the level of my Luke ESB LE! And the blade blinds you with a brightness that I have not yet seen in a Force FX! ;D

Im not sure why everyone seems to think the 3 battery sabers are brighter..My 6 battery sabers are definately brighter, and it makes more sense to me, since the LEDS have more juice to draw from on the 6 battery sabers as opposed to the 3 battery sabers..

Dont miss my review coming soon  ;D

Offline Scarey

• Experienced Force User
  • -Fastest Guy With An Anakin Here-
    • Quad Squad Productions
Out of my 1 saber i rate the Anakin RotS the Best
"You were the chosen one! It was said that you were to destroy the Sith not join them! Bring balance to the force; not to leave it in darkness!"

Offline PLO KOON

• formerly known as s3an_looi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
I've got Vader ESB and Anakin ROTS and I think Annie wins... reasons are:

1. Blade looks BRIGHTER
2. Sound is perfect in all aspects (wish it was louder)
3. Lighter than vader ESB

I can't find anything wrong with it. The blade is not rattling/squeking/etc. It is perfect.

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff
I don't personally use the grips on my vader ESB I use the bare part... great for tricks!

Offline PLO KOON

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook
I don't personally use the grips on my vader ESB I use the bare part... great for tricks!

Likewise. I do the same with both Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB. It is more comfortable that way...

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff

Likewise. I do the same with both Anakin ROTS and Vader ESB. It is more comfortable that way...

alot better... becuse of my thumb and index finger

Offline PLO KOON

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Find me on Facebook

PLUS with the Anakin ROTS, your hand won't come into contact with the gold plating much if you hold it above the grips.

Offline Mr.Griffin

• Master Force User
  • mmmmm... Star Wars
    • Family Guy Stuff

very true

PLUS with the Anakin ROTS, your hand won't come into contact with the gold plating much if you hold it above the grips.

Offline darthclueless

• formerly known as darthclueless
  • Experienced Force User
Hi all,
New here but been reading for awhile.

I have the Gen 3 Anakin and Vader as well as the second run Windu(with the box error stating color of blade as red).

I like the Vader for the sound and color of the blade. I think the Vader has a much "fuller" sound than the other sabers and the deep red of my blade really replicates the movie effects well.

I like the Anakin for the brilliant blue blade. It's bright even in daylight and in the dark it's incredible.

But my favorite of all 3 is the Mace Windu. I can't get over how nice the hilt feels to hold and use. As stated earlier, its very evenly balanced and with its lack of doodads jutting out here and there, its very easy to wield and do anything you want with it without poking your hand or thinking about where to place your hand. The rubber sections are also extremely soft and grippy compared to the other sabers. The purple blade is very unique and although its a bit pinkish in daylight, in the dark it is a dead sexy purple very much like the one you see in the movies. The sounds are a little subdued compared to the 3 cell sabers but they are adequate. Motion and clash detection are on par with the gen 3 sabers from my experience and the blade seems well attached.

I would not hesitiate to buy any one of these sabers but if I could only pick one to keep, it would be the Windu.

But...The Luke ROTJ may change all of that. That green blade is calling my name;)

retrousse