fiduciary

Author Topic: WWW.SABERFONT.COM is LIVE!!!!!!!!  (Read 98378 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
WWW.SABERFONT.COM is LIVE!!!!!!!!
« on: February 28, 2012, 07:29:08 PM »
Hello Saberland! :D

This has been a long time in coming, and a lot of blood sweat and tears has been poured into this project. Back when the Petit Crouton was unlocked, it was deemed that there would be a need for a single place for the community to go and purchase soundfonts for their projects and completed sabers. With the volume of sales of the PC, and lately the Crystal Focus, and the new Igniter soundboards, it is now safe to assume that such a place could be supported. In the long long ago, sounfont sales happened behind closed doors, through PMs and emails, or even on a font maker's personal site. There wasn't a nice shopping mall of saber audio euphoria ;D. There wasn't an easy to use site to purchase and instantly download a quality soundfont. Well that time has finally come!

http://www.saberfont.com/index.shtml

The effort of Vader's Vault and the community's own XL97, Saberfont.com is THE one stop shop for soundfonts and more! We brought in the big guns for brainstorming like Novastar, Madcow and Erv' to put together a place that not only the community would have to buy the latest and greatest soundfonts, but also a place that would foster a new generation of soundfont authors and offer them a chance to be fairly compensated for their hard work. You see, Saberfont.com is not a static place, offering a set number of things. We want to inspire new blood to put on those headphones and get mixing! We hope to have many new authors in the future, coming up with new and innovative fonts for the current range of supported soundboards.

Saberfont.com supports soundfonts for the Petit Crouton, Crystal Focus, and Igniter soundboards, the soundboards that power the community. We are launching with select fonts from Novastar, Madcow, and FX's own Nightstorm for the Petit Crouton and Crystal Focus soundboards. Novastar and Madcow are the tried and true veterans of the soundfont world and they put their trust in us to launch with their fonts, especially as we go through "new site growing pains" :D Nightstorm was chosen because we have personally worked very closely with him by thoroughly testing his fonts and giving him feedback, and with the extreme popularity of the SWTOR game, his TOR fonts have great relevance. His attention to every minute detail and enthusiasm for the work were of the highest caliber, and something we look to have more of on this site. We hope to have more soon as submissions come in and get tested and approved, and should also have fonts for the Igniter soon as well...... just as soon as we receive submissions from the Igniter font makers ;) We also hope that this will be a place for the community to go for the hard to find product fonts like blaster fonts, and boot sounds, as well as other costuming and prop fonts. If you are interested in becoming a fontmaker for Saberfont.com, please see our page on submissions here: http://www.saberfont.com/submitAFont.shtml for more information.

* AS A LAUNCH SPECIAL, WE WILL BE FEATURING ALL NEW, NEVER BEFORE RELEASED FONTS FROM NOVASTAR. THE TRON LEGACY DISC FONTS, ONE WITH MUSIC AND THE OTHER WITHOUT, AND THE CROUCHING JEDI, HIDDEN SABER FONT. THESE FONTS ARE EXCLUSIVE TO SABERFONT.COM RIGHT NOW AND IS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET THESE GREAT NEW FONTS!*

All the eye candy, the coding.....pretty much all the hard work was done by XL97, who was a godsend to have on this project. I want to take this time to publicly thank him for everything he did for us on this project. It probably wouldn't have happened without him. I also want to thank my brainstorming group for their help and contributions as well as the support received from LDM, Tim at TCSS, MH and anyone else that I might have forgotten. This site is for you, the saber enthusiasts, the collectors, the community that has made everyone involved what they are. It is for the hard working font makers that in the past haven't received the accolades they deserve, or even sometimes the compensation they should. Please come and support your Font Makers, as they support you!

Thanks so much!

-Alan Johnson
Vader's Vault
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:16:50 AM by MACE WINDU »

Offline C-3P0

• Formerly known as Dave316
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: WWW.SABERFONT.COM is LIVE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:33:44 PM »
Oh wow, I was just checking this out last night and it wasn't quite finished. Great to see it live!! Excellent work to everyone involved!!

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 07:33:55 PM »
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

Everyone please support our community's great saber sound font makers by acquiring the fruits of their labours legitimately from saberfont.com where prices are reasonable, quality is outstanding, and font makers are respected.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
Wooot

Been waiting a while but it looks awesome
Sarge

Please Note that I will generally be AFK from now on.
I'll remain in contact with people i have current dealings with to the best of my ability.

Sign me up for the Maul Please

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »
Are there actually fonts up to purchase right now?
I can't seem to see any at all.

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 07:37:37 PM »
Sweet!  got the tron fonts!

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
Some people are reporting issues seeing the fonts. We are working to find out what browsers/plug ins are causing the problem. It seems to work for most people though. :-\

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
my page wont even show the site... it just IE cannot display the page  ???
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 07:41:31 PM »
Sometimes clearing your cookies and reloading helps, particularly if you had checked out the site prior to it being live.

Offline C-3P0

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 07:42:25 PM »
Mine is coming up with the selections at the top for "font name" "creator name" etc... I can click those, but them I'm just getting the blank black background underneath :(

Tried on iPhone and PC.

Offline The_Night

• Master Force User
  • "I have become your Nightmare"
    • Prestige Sabers
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 07:43:41 PM »
just cleared cookies and history and ssl slate. still not connecting. PC couldn't find any issue, only said try unlocking my firewall
MR Vader ESB
MR Maul Staff- Converted
MFX Starkiller
KOTOR Clan Sabers

Offline SgtBatten

• Master Force User
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie
    • Hardcore Online Gaming
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 07:45:22 PM »
I'm just getting the header a footer on all pages except home. Iphone
Sarge

Please Note that I will generally be AFK from now on.
I'll remain in contact with people i have current dealings with to the best of my ability.

Sign me up for the Maul Please

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 07:46:04 PM »
Are there actually fonts up to purchase right now?
I can't seem to see any at all.

I'm running firefox on Windows or so I've been told, and it looks beautimous!!!!!

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline STARKILLER

• Lord of the Strings
  • Master Force User
  • VADER's VAULT MFG
    • Vaders Vault
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
@Night and/or Dave316 Do you have flash disabled by any chance?  The site uses flash apps.

Offline Lord Xeno

• Master Force User
  • Sith...they mostly come out at night. Mostly.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:46:44 PM »
Awesome! Great news!!!

retrousse