fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46124 times)

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #180 on: August 18, 2009, 04:13:14 AM »
i placed my order in oct/nov 2007 meaning yes it has been almost 2 years

bane users have been waiting 3 i guess

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #181 on: August 18, 2009, 04:32:11 AM »
This has to stop,...
I receive e-mails from members who are quiting their membership here on the forum.
Not that this has everything to do with this Overlord problem, but hë.
There is so much negativety here going on, that it is not funny anymore.
What is going on.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:50:06 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #182 on: August 18, 2009, 12:06:47 PM »
Nothing really is going on, and that is exactly the problem. The customers feel like they are being abandoned, and all we seem to get is reassurances and an occasional date, none of which has ever been met. What we have is a gigantic mess, with fault on multiple sides, and no real resolution. Such a huge issue with a company and individuals that are/were, in many ways, trusted pillars of the saber community here is causing the whole structure to fail. Trust is dying, reputations failing and tempers fairing. And yet there is still no resolution beyond "be patient". Patience has limits, and we've reached that limit. Something needs tone done. And fast.   
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Darth Akira

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2009, 07:13:52 PM »
There is so much negativety here going on, that it is not funny anymore.
What is going on.

that a trick question???

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2009, 07:44:29 PM »
Well, let's see.
Every time I post here with a non-update, reiterate Ultrasabers willingness to do another run, I get about 10 PMs or emails asking
So, I turned off the notification of replies and decided to wait until I had something concrete to post.
You guys seem tired of my replies and really don't pay attention to them anyway.

It's repeating  to you and me. I don't like it.
non-update update.
I received another email that was copied to Yoda and Ultra this morning, saying the sabers are being packed up still.
I replied with"send me what you have ready, and we will arrange another shipment a little later"
This has not been replied to as of 10:38pm EST.

That's about it. :-\

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2009, 08:07:18 PM »

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
Sabers are being packed up still?!? What? Is he manufacturing the cardboard for the boxes, foam for the packing peanuts, adhesive for the tape and ind for the labeling out of ingredients laying around the house? Seriously, with thousands of dollars in limbo, why hasn't someone flown down there and taken possession of these things physically by now? I joked about it before, but I'm totally serious now. 300 or 400 for a round trip ticket vs refunding people thousands and being out for the materials at the same time? Seems like a no-brainer equation to me. Then, if you still can't get them back, you just call the police. Thousands of dollars in Ultrasabers product, and you can't get it back? That may be a felony, at that dollar figure.

That may sound like an ugly scenario, but if Derek still has them (and they haven't been stolen or something at some point), and if US is really serious about getting them out to us, this is the only direction this thing can go. How many tomes do we hear that they are "being shipped". How long do we wait? How long before action is taken? I say now. And I think a lot of people would agree.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2009, 08:45:04 PM »
Well, that has been discussed. It's always the logistics that get in the way. Especially with different people involved.

• who to send?
  • where will they stay?
  • who will cover the costs?
  • Where will the sabers be sent?
  • What if the person being sent is turned away?

I would go, but I have no emergency time off left.
I have recommended a final deadline to Ultra for concrete info, and there is little time left before that.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2009, 09:12:26 PM »
I would think Ultra would go. His company, his responsibility, and Ultimately, DT was working for him. He would be the logical choice. As for costs and such, again, his company. But I'd throw 20 bucks into a pot for an Overlord Recovery Mission. And if half of us did that, it would pay for the trip. We shouldn't have to, mind you, but I would. I know you have offered to help build, and if that still stands, seems like half can go to you, and half can go back to US for assembly.

If he's turned away, that's when you call the police. The local police there. If someone were to make that trip, and be denied, police involvement would be more than warranted.

As for deadlines, I say Aug 1, 2009. Yeah, I know it has already passed.

I just don't understand the mindset here. If things on Ultra's end are on the up and up, and if he does indeed intend to make things right, I don't get the delay. After all the promised and passed deadlines. After all the conflicting stories. After all that has happened, why there is still any debate on what to do, or why any more leeway is given is beyond me. If it were my company, the hammer would have dropped months ago...

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2009, 03:44:15 AM »
I would think Ultra would go. His company, his responsibility, and Ultimately, DT was working for him. He would be the logical choice. As for costs and such, again, his company. But I'd throw 20 bucks into a pot for an Overlord Recovery Mission. And if half of us did that, it would pay for the trip. We shouldn't have to, mind you, but I would. I know you have offered to help build, and if that still stands, seems like half can go to you, and half can go back to US for assembly.

Well Reaver, amen to that.
I would pay $20,-- for it either.
If this is what's keeping Ultra from going, I think we have the money together in no-time.

I even wnat to pay $20 more for the one who installs it, if that ensures me the Overlord is coming to my doorstep next month.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:45:55 AM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »
Really? After all this without resolution, you want to send MORE money? Is you crazy?!?

Huh. ???

/delete

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
We could all just go at the same time. But we'd have to buy torches and pitchforks when we get there. TSA won't let us carry them on the plane, for some reason. Stupid terrorism, spoiling all our fun...

Offline tobu

• Force User
  • "An elegant weapon for a more civilized age..."
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »
Sorry,  ::)
is it possible to update with people, like me, still waiting without any news?

A list with the other Overlord still not worked?

Thanks  :)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »
Wait, what? Are you waiting on an Overlord you've already ordered, or looking to buy a new one? If looking to buy, I don't think that's going to happen. My guess is that the Overlords are done. No new runs (unless they do a new one to fulfill the orders that are being *ahem* delayed  at ORA. If you're waiting for one of those, get in line, and read the rest of this thread.

Offline tobu

• Force User
  • "An elegant weapon for a more civilized age..."
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2009, 11:42:25 AM »
Wait, what? Are you waiting on an Overlord you've already ordered, or looking to buy a new one? If looking to buy, I don't think that's going to happen. My guess is that the Overlords are done. No new runs (unless they do a new one to fulfill the orders that are being *ahem* delayed  at ORA. If you're waiting for one of those, get in line, and read the rest of this thread.

Yes, I'm waiting for an Overlord already ordered. Last notice I had got was about the updating of the US2 to 2.1 and the installation in the saber.
But more than one year ago.  ???
Sorry for my poor english, I'm from Italy.  :-[
Can, please, someone give me any news about my saber?  :'(

retrousse