fiduciary

Author Topic: CE line is DEAD  (Read 7263 times)

Offline sycor

• Master Force User
  • Um...Hello?
    • Soylent-Red
CE line is DEAD
« on: December 11, 2006, 01:20:54 PM »
In 2006, Master Replicas launched a new category of MR product, called Collectors Edition prop replicas. The idea behind Collectors Editions was to create a new version of a prop that corresponded with an already-released Limited Edition prop replica. However, unlike the LEs, the CEs would have an open ended edition size, and would be made from more “standard” materials than the high-end Limited Editions. This strategic move was made in an effort to (a) provide a more affordable product for those consumers who had no interest in LEs, and (b) to ensure that some version of these props was available to future collectors, for years to come.

While Master Replicas maintains that the CE strategy works conceptually, we have evaluated the data accumulated throughout the year, and decided to discontinue the CE line in 2007. Despite our best efforts to highlight the various differences in CEs and LEs, consumers – as a whole – did not warm up to the concept. From a results standpoint, the CE program did not meet our expectations. More importantly, in light of recent events (including, but not limited to, our impending merger with Corgi) it has become clear that the CE strategy is not in line with who Master Replicas is, and who we will be following the completion of the merger.
This means several things:

(1.) The Qui Gon Jinn Collectors Edition Lightsaber will be the only CE released; that, in and of itself, will most likely increase the value of this collectible.

(2.) Master Replicas will be unveiling new product types and categories in 2007 – product categories that work in conjunction or complement our already popular LE prop replicas. Stay tuned for exciting new announcements from Master Replicas in the upcoming weeks and months!

If you have any questions, or are in need of additional information, please contact customer service at CustomerService@MasterReplicas.com.

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
Re: CE line is DEAD
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 01:52:56 PM »
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I was looking forward to more CEs :'(

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 01:57:51 PM »
Wow! Better get one soon before they match the LE in price!
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 01:59:56 PM »
Wow! Better get one soon before they match the LE in price!

you got that right robiwon
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 02:46:19 PM »
This is likely due to the TREMENDOUS backlash I've seen on various forums from all the EE, LE, and SE collectors who feel that they were being "cheated" in a sense by the CE line and worried that MR would re-release all the sabers as CEs.

As for me...CEs are probably all I would ever be able to afford!  I just hope they keep on going with the .45 mini sabers =)

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »
Whats ironic is almost all their sabers released in the past year or so have nosedived in value, and there is a CE version of only one of them.  With or without CEs, prices will still fluctuate.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 03:59:41 PM »
CE's will be redundant if/when they release a FX-Q line with removable blades.   I take this as further confirmation that removable blades are in the works.

*shrug*

(if its a trade-off between FX-Q and CE,  then its probably just as well they cancelled the CE line; 
the FX-Q and CE would have been about the same price anyway --> for my $169 I'd rather have a high-quality FX than a dumbed-down LE)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 04:03:09 PM by Cobalt60 »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 04:08:50 PM »
CE's will be redundant if/when they release a FX-Q line with removable blades.   I take this as further confirmation that removable blades are in the works.

*shrug*

(if its a trade-off between FX-Q and CE,  then its probably just as well they cancelled the CE line; 
the FX-Q and CE would have been about the same price anyway --> for my $169 I'd rather have a high-quality FX than a dumbed-down LE)

We can only hope.... =)

Offline sycor

• Master Force User
  • Um...Hello?
    • Soylent-Red
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 04:19:20 PM »
At least one person is speculating, and I agree with him, that maybe MR is going to use their merger with Corgi to produce even cheaper versions under the Corgi name.  It would make sense. 

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »
At least one person is speculating, and I agree with him, that maybe MR is going to use their merger with Corgi to produce even cheaper versions under the Corgi name.  It would make sense. 

thats just ashame...

Offline Jedi Kure

• Experienced Force User
  • And you will learn your place young one.
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2006, 10:06:50 PM »
Well that was short lived.
Better get me one of them while i can.
"This Weapon Is Your Life"

Offline Grouch

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 12:38:04 AM »
lol RS.com can be so silly.

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 01:48:32 PM »
I saw your tirade over there. :D  Very brave. ;)
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 03:01:47 PM »
I was thinking about picking up a CE Qui-Gon next month but then I realized I'm getting a new leather computer chair (which I need badly because my current chair SUCKS!), and two FX sabers so I won't have the money to get that too.  Oh well, if I don't get it then I don't get it.  I aint gonna cry about it.  It does sort of suck that the complainers of the CE line were heard and "won".  I guess you can't please everyone in this hobby.  ::)

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 04:02:14 PM »
im sure there will be pleanty of ce gui-gons on ebay....you'll get one

retrousse