fiduciary

Author Topic: FoC™ (Flash on Clash™) test thread  (Read 32339 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: FoCâ„¢ (Flash on Clashâ„¢) test thread
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:09 AM »
I'll probably go with AG on that one. I played with both setup during dev and the color changing blade looks meh. Very RAAR (Ridiculous Artificial Artifact Rainbow). Color changing has its use though, in special cases, BUT when it comes to achieve a FoC, I prefer to ADD something which tweaks the shade and increases brightness at the same time.

Offline m4rco

• Force User
  • Hey there
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2012, 06:54:34 AM »
Hm I tried to find a way to achieve an authentic Flash, while still having a blue main blade...
I personally dont really like the BBW setup, as AG said its more impressive if the color is changing.

Maybe if you drop the current to a minimum like 700 mA so it wont turn so much green (B+A), but there still will be some added brightness and the main blue doesnt completely fade off?
I will try it in the future.

Other than that I dont know how to achieve an orange/yellow flash with a blue saber...

Offline ANAKIN SKYWALKER

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known as Alex Gordon
    • Evolution Arms
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2012, 06:59:16 AM »
You really can't.  BBW is a fine setup.  white is plenty dramatic.  it looks wrong to our eyes when the color goes from one color to another  that isn't a mixed/added to version of the previous color.  meaning yellow FoC will look wrong unless done with green or red as the main blade.  that said, adding red to a blue blade still looks wrong to me as i can't seem to stomach purple flashes.  lots of other people do like purple flashes.  so the only way for you to know what you will like is to try it. 

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2012, 07:32:18 AM »
it looks wrong to our eyes when the color goes from one color to another  that isn't a mixed/added to version of the previous color. 

same impression here.

Hm I tried to find a way to achieve an authentic Flash, while still having a blue main blade...
I personally dont really like the BBW setup, as AG said its more impressive if the color is changing.

BBW is dandy fine in my opinion. Color *IS* changing as you add white on top of blue, you get a cyan/whitish blue color change + brightness increase. Totally FoC !

retrousse