A new work in progress I'm calling Warmonger.
Trying for an outside-the-box, aggressive design. Mostly old flashgun parts. Huge thanks to Roman for the Graflex top I chopped and inverted for the grip/pommel section.
This saber started as a pile of parts and a need to design a new saber for SWTOR.
The first thing that caught my attention was the two Graflex side units that I had, and the thought that I could face them towards each other...
At that point, I had the seed of an idea, and an old Heiland emitter that barely fit one side, and an oddball Heiland clamp on the other. I had a small section of 1 inch blade material stuffed in the bunny ear rings on each one, but I really liked where that was headed.
After I removed the bunny ears, I needed a legit way to secure the two flashes together, so out of my scrap bin came a 7/8" blade adapter, from I think a graflex 2.0 replica. The emitter side fits into the inverted Graflex side unit and just needed a new mounting screw hole.
Vintage pins fit nicely, and I will add the vintage grounding tabs inside the socket holes before I am done. Adding the Graflite switchbox to the space where the bunny ears used to protrude from the flash body, and tossing the Canon Model Y emitter piece into the old build Your Own saber shroud, and I had a look that I really liked.
Next up, the grip and pommel section. I wanted to go further outside the box with this, and use a graflex top, inverted, and with the S curve and bunny ears shaved off. I didn't want to cut up the ones I had, and was on the hunt for a scrap one from someplace, when Roman offered one of his scrap tops. It didn't take too long to affix a couple TCSS control boxes with accent LEDs, two vintage red buttons, and two vintage glass eyes and a pommel cap to finish off the grip. This grip has three rubber grip strips attached, one shorter than the other to account for the top glass eye.
Adding one of my SWC 2020 cards into the Heiland clamp, and then getting the two halves to mate through a neat black harddrive motorcoil was the last step, I finally had the "in real life concept art" I needed to model this in 3D.
The next step is to secure a few things and get electronics installed, but that may be for another post.
Thanks for lookin'