fiduciary

Author Topic: DV6 Build  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Hightower85

• No Force
  • Howdo!
DV6 Build
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:23:59 PM »
Hi all,

I am building a DV6 and was wondering where the LED retention is?

Cheers
"Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned!"

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
Re: DV6 Build
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
Hey Sir,

Welcome to the forums. If by LED retention, you mean the module which holds the LED in Place, you will need to purchase one of those or make one yourself. TCSS sells an assembly made for these particular sabers here:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/875-OD-Heatsink-module-with-center-hole-P1138.aspx

If you want to use a Tri-LED setup with a CREE, you will also need a modified base, which TCSS also sells here:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Custom-Tri-Cree-LED-with-modified-base-P1139.aspx

I hope that answers your Q, if it doesn't just let us know.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Hightower85

• No Force
  • Howdo!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:53:10 AM »
Hey Sir,

Welcome to the forums. If by LED retention, you mean the module which holds the LED in Place, you will need to purchase one of those or make one yourself. TCSS sells an assembly made for these particular sabers here:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/875-OD-Heatsink-module-with-center-hole-P1138.aspx

If you want to use a Tri-LED setup with a CREE, you will also need a modified base, which TCSS also sells here:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Custom-Tri-Cree-LED-with-modified-base-P1139.aspx

Hi,

I meant where does the heat sink rest so you can retain it inside the DV6 hilt?

I have all internals ordered and ready to install.
"Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned!"

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 05:56:10 AM »
Gotcha. As far as I know, I do not think these have pre-machined holders like TCSS pieces. 

In the past when I have installed these types of hilts, I use a set retention screw to hold the LED Module in place, just like you would the blade. Others might be able to share other setups they've used.

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Scarecrow

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
Hey Sir,

Hi,

I meant where does the heat sink rest so you can retain it inside the DV6 hilt?

I have all internals ordered and ready to install.

There's a black bar below the shroud with two screws in it.  Use a longer screw in the top position to secure the led module. 

Offline Hightower85

• No Force
  • Howdo!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 11:16:58 PM »
Thank you for the help. I found a way of retaining the LED module.

The build was certainly a good learning experience for me and I really enjoyed doing it. As this was my first saber build, that feeling you get when it powers on for the first time, I will never forget!

I cannot wait to start my next project!

Here are some nice images of my DV6 :)

Specs:-

Dr/Dr/W LED
Prizm v5.1 soundboard (5 custom fonts and 1 default)
Internal recharge
Internal R.I.C.E port

« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:18:58 PM by Hightower85 »

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 03:20:38 PM »
Nicely done sir! Looks really good.  :cool:

retrousse